Sign in to follow this  
Wojtasz78

Blog with MOCs

I don't understand why there isn't an official series of modular sets like that (the modular houses are boring, they don't count lol).

A helicopter with modules to make it a rescue chopper or an attack ship.

A truck with different modules for the bed to make it a wrecker or a flat bed or a hauler, etc.

Those basic walker legs with different bodies are a great example.

I don't understand why there isn't an official series of modular sets like that (the modular houses are boring, they don't count lol).

Pointless, LEGO is as modular as it gets :wink:

I agree, but sets like these would still be a neat idea for younger kids. I've never met a kid who wanted to completely disassemble/reassemble a set just to re-purpose a vehicle or make a new one for the current play session, it takes way too long.

If not an entire series of modular items like this, then they could at least incorporate the feature more into the existing lines. Call it a "Quick Change" feature or whatever.

Edited by Henchmen4Hire

The modular spaceship idea has been done before, but the mecha concept is pretty darn great. I might just try to make a more modular version myself. Thanks for the great MOCs!

What a great idea. As soon as I saw the mech with different loadouts it took me back to my Mechwarrior 2 days... It was always a great time customizing your mech's attachments. based on the mission.

I might just try to make a more modular version myself.

I think I might too...