1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

gallery_6705_157_17796.png

LEGO has presented us with many great impulse sets and this one is no exception. This little set is part of the new LEGO City Mining line. This is my third review in the Reviewers Academy and I hope you enjoy!

BASIC INFORMATION:

Set Name: Mining Quad

Set Number: 30152

Number of Pieces: 40

Minifigures: 1

Price: $4.99 USD

Theme: City (Mining)

Year Released: 2012

RESOURCES:

Brickset

Bricklink

Brickipedia

THE REVIEW:

The Bag:

8593674670_4d92478200_c.jpg

The bag is the basic polybag and the design of it is the average LEGO City design.

Instructions:

8633091076_ffd92780c8_b.jpg

The instuctions are tiny! I put the minifig here to show you are small it is. But they are very simple and that is a good thing for a dumby like me. :laugh:

Contents:

8633061280_a18914c56b_c.jpg

The Contents are what you expect from this set. There are lots of yellow pieces and black pieces coming in second in the amount of pieces. Those translucent red pieces are great addition as well. Oh, and there isn't any stickers or printed pieces! Also, one trans orange round stud and a clear little piece for the miners helmet are the extra pieces..

Minifig

8592626469_9b948d4226.jpg

8592629245_4e05af2812.jpg

The minifig is a pretty good one for a impulse set. I love the sweating head and the torso isn't bad. I really like the helmet and the light piece, so those are some good things. They make very realistic minifig accessories.

The Mining Quad Set:

The Quad:

8633080804_19060d2242_n.jpg8592640973_0461c94048_n.jpg

8592649587_019a417329_n.jpg8593753100_e973851f77_n.jpg

The Quad is pretty good. It can easily fit the miner. It has plenty of storage for whatever the miner has. Good job LEGO designers! :thumbup:

Minifig in the Quad:

8626497482_4351df4753_c.jpg

I told he fits in nicely, you didn't believe me, did you? I like the addition of the seat part.

Overall Set:

8593765122_713a56457e_c.jpg

Pretty shot here, isn't it? I haven't discussed about his little drill, so I will do so now. The drill is a good little accessory. It is detailed enough to look realistic. However, it is an older piece, but I think it fits in nicely with this set. Another great piece. :thumbup:

Totals:

Design: 7.5/10 The design isn't detailed like MOC experts, but it is the type of set we would expect from the LEGO City line. So although it isn't the best, it isn't bad. In fact it is pretty good. But 7-8ish out of 10 sounds right.

Parts: 8/10 The parts are great if you build with the city line or any classic LEGO theme. There are some great trans pieces and who isn't happy with those? If your looking for some yellow pieces this is a great set.

Build: 9/10 The build is very easy. There is pretty much not anything wrong with the build. However, I feel there could have been more of a challenge and I found that there was not any challenge, so that's why it isn't a 10.

Minifig: 9/10 The minifig is great! He has a great face, helmet, and accessory. The torso ain't bad either. Who can complan about that?

Playability: 10/10 The LEGO City line is made for playing. There is plenty of playablity in this set, so nothing to complain about here.

Price: 7.5/10 Twelve cents a piece seems a bit to pricey to me. Forty bricks for five bucks isn't the best deal if I ma say so myself. But the fact that it comes with a great minifig and it is only five bucks makes it sound sweeter. :grin:

Total: 51/60 This is an impulse set and so let's all remember that. Not only does it come with a pretty good minifig, but the Quad is simple but detailed enough. The only letdown is that it does only contain 40 pieces. I believe this set could be priced a little lower. But other than that, it's a-okay and it wouldn't hurt if you got out and bought it. :grin:

I really enjoy the set. Most of the time the little $4 sets are just for minifigures, this is a nice little quad.

I agree, the hat, the torso, the whole minifigure is different, but fits into City. It's nicely done.

Thanks for the review. There's a lot going on in this set; I wish I had picked it up when I had the chance. The figure and parts selection are a lot of fun.

Thanks for the review. There's a lot going on in this set; I wish I had picked it up when I had the chance. The figure and parts selection are a lot of fun.

Thank you for for saying thank you! :sweet:

I have been in Target in about four states and everyone of them has multiples of this set in the checkout area. So as far as I know, this set is still in production or at least still being sold at Target. :wink:

It's fairly basic, the minors hat has to be the highlight of the set, or that it was free with the newspaper!

Well I guess. I got this from my local target near the checkout section.

Its one of the better mini sets, I would get it but I have decided to sell all my mine lego, My city is not big enough to fit it in.

Its one of the better mini sets, I would get it but I have decided to sell all my mine lego, My city is not big enough to fit it in.

Why shall thy sell the best thing in the world? :look:

This is not my favorite theme but the quad is pretty good! :thumbup:

Thanks for the review!

Same here, not my favorite theme either. But not I bad set at all.

Another great review 'Brickington', only thing missing is a shovel on the atv.......scored mine for under 6 bucks AU from Toy Corner. :wink:

Brick On Review On 'Brickington' ! :classic: