Sign in to follow this  
Captain Nemo

MOC: Smaug the Micro

Smaug the Magnificent Micro

He loves Gold!

I have to say this is the smallest Smaug I’ve ever seen or built (Heh heh). Anyways I wish so much that I could make a massive Smaug, however my gold hoards are rather low for that, so I settled with Micro. Although don’t you call my micro hoard puny—those coins are as big as 12 micro hobbits! This works quite well for another Middle Earth Micro like my Orthanc.

8654642929_d54894e6df.jpg

Smaug himself was quite a challenge to make at this scale, but I settled with some piles of red bricks to give the impression of him. In all actuality he’s only made from two red minifigure hands, two red plums, and a red snake. And yes, it was a painful process to pile up those coins and then place a dragon on it.

Enjoy!

~Nemo

I love it all, particularly how you made the dragon, Great work as usual :classic:

What a puny pile of gold! Hehehe

It's fantastic. I finally got ahold of a Venom so I can try and copy your splendid Orthanc. :)

Excellent micro build, Smaug looks great and those are indeed some giant coins :laugh:

Nice parts usage for the stairs as well :thumbup:

Cute. :grin: Loving the architecture, you can tell it's dwarf-esque even at this scale, and mini Smaug is just awesome.

The build seems kind of sci-fi to me, but that certainly doesn't bother me! The Smaug is inventive. Just because you can't build it well doesn't mean you can't build it well - excellent example of this concept.

nice micro you got there! are you going to keep going with this series?

Thanks everyone!

nice micro you got there! are you going to keep going with this series?

I do plan on making more ones; and I really want to make Barad-dûr but not without the new Palantír head piece from the new LotR line for Sauron's eye! I may also make like Helms deep or Minas Tirith and stuff.

Great micro build. I love the design ingenuity that goes into good micros - brilliantly shown here

Brilliant! In addition to Smaug, I really like the 1x2 sloped grills for the stairs! :thumbup:

This is adorable. :laugh: Wonderful micro-scale scene you've got here Cap'n Nemo!

Haha that is small but awesome... some more gold could be used, Smaug just LOVES his gold :tongue::wink:

Nobody sneeze....

That is so cute, not what Smaug would really want to hear, but ho hum to that. I love the use of parts.