Wow, no finds in a while?

I just picked up a K-2SO Constraction Figure for $12.

Would you like me to tell you the odds of that? They're high, very high. :wink::tongue:

I want to ask, was there a time you got a part pack or set very cheap? I wonder this, after I won a pack of pneumatic parts from the 42043 for 30$, when they usually go for 60$. If there was, Feel free to say, if not, that's fine. After all that is yours to know.

Picked up 42043 for $180 (28% off ) from Walmart online; however, the box was heavily damaged. Two years ago I found 42009 for something like $170. My advice would be to visit the websites of Target, Walmart, etc at least 1/2 year after the set has been released for a significant discount.

Edited by Beck

Bought a box full of LEGO this weekend. Two 9V train motors (both working), a Metroliner 4547 Club Car, the Loco and the Boxcar from Set 4563, a 9V transformer with all cables (working as well), lots of 9V rails (straights, curves and 2 switches), parts of the yellow flat car from 4563, 4537 Twin Tank Car including truck, driver and barrels but missing 2 or 3 parts, several parts + baseplate from 7835 level crossing, 4543 Railroad Tractor Flatbed without the trailer and unfortunately lots of panels from the waggon missing, the yellow Train Station Set 4554 (couple parts missing), 4551 Crocodile 9V era without fake engine.

And to top it all off, something completely unrelated to that whole bunch:

Lego 6290 Red Beard Runner

6290-1.png

This is set is in a somewhat terrible state. The skull on the back and the hull are complete. I have all the sails and masts too as well as the steering wheel and compass. But I lack nearly everything else... Dunno yet what to do with it, maybe I will rebuild it, maybe it's going to get scrapped for spares :laugh:

Lego Lord of the rings Orthanc MISB for $240 total (Tax and shipping)

Lego technic motorized excavator MISB for $160 total

Lego mustafar set from 2006 including light up minifigures $12

Black Knight's Castle (6086) used all parts, box and instructions $10

2006 Lego exclusive X-wing 6212 used complete box and instructions $16

On 4/21/2017 at 1:50 AM, Master_Data said:

Would you like me to tell you the odds of that? They're high, very high. :wink::tongue:

Considering I found the thing for $5 (from a Walmart). My odds must be better. :grin: 

There was a Jyn for $5 at my Walmart, but I didn't pick it up, anyways, I have two quite amazing deals that I got recently. 

8547 for $5, I asked this guy at a flea market, and I was so surprised I had to ask again haha. It was complete, save a few technic pins.

Now the second, 29 pieces of monorail, (though some are in really bad shape.. also only one straight) for under $100.

~Beltar

On 8/1/2017 at 5:55 PM, Commander Beltar said:

8547 for $5, I asked this guy at a flea market, and I was so surprised I had to ask again haha. It was complete, save a few technic pins.

That...is...Legit...INSANE! I...That...that...thing is worth like $300 used....

I thought I'd done well with a 9468 Vampire Castle for £10. It was boxed with instructions but no minifigures. I actually has the figures from a large lot I'd bought.

Everything was complete and if there was even a couple of Harry Potter micro figures in the box too.

My local walmart was selling the Minecraft Witch Hut for 6 dollars. 502 pieces for 6 dollars. When the set is usually 75 dollars in Canada. I bought one and have the receipt to prove it

Kylo ren shuttle for $25 @ Costco.... Took all 5

Friends amusement park 41130 for $45 at Costco... Got 2...

10177 787 Dreamliner missing around 5 parts for 20 dollars at a used book store

Edited by Rishab N

On 21/04/2017 at 7:50 AM, Master_Data said:

I can beat that, I picked one for 7.5eur ($9) a few months ago.

I see some picked these for $5, I believe it's common for the constractions to go very very cheap, because most (not K-2SO though, because it's a robot) are very very ugly. I also got a Baze Malbus for the same price and I don't even think it was worth that.

Edited by anothergol

Found the Assault walker from the latest star wars movie at walmart for half price 74.00 down from 149.96! Several other sets are on sale as well. Picked up a lego friends house for $30 down from $55.

Mum and Dad bought home 6747 Race Rider from my late uncle's house. They've been clearing out his home (FYI, my uncle died on the 2nd of December last year, and the funeral was on the 19th of December. That's all I can really say at the moment for this). I've recently finished building it, and it's quite a cool set. 2009, not sure when it was discontinued.

Not sure if this would be considered lucky exactly, but it's interesting at the very least. 

5abff6a1940ce_lloyd3.jpg.b25c50b2bd46e19716cb82e85b331a5b.jpg

Found this activity book with an exclusive(?) print Lloyd at a dollar store. It's an official Lego product, but I can't seem to find any set number detailed on the polybag. Furthermore it doesn't seem to be carried by any online retailers(minus Bricklink, which has the figure listed under two separate listings for with and without the cowl). Seems like it might be a redundancy to keep sealed when there won't ever be an actual listing for it.  Edit: Scratch that, found the listing for it!

The price was... Not optimal, but considering how much of limited run this particular figure might be, I bought it anyways. Bricklink listings have it as being fairly cheap but perhaps that will increase after it's out of the dollar stores? Either way, he'll look nice next to my green Kimono Lloyd in the meantime. 

Edited by The Overlord

20 hours ago, The Overlord said:

Not sure if this would be considered lucky exactly, but it's interesting at the very least. 

Found this activity book with an exclusive(?) print Lloyd at a dollar store. It's an official Lego product, but I can't seem to find any set number detailed on the polybag. Furthermore it doesn't seem to be carried by any online retailers(minus Bricklink, which has the figure listed under two separate listings for with and without the cowl). Seems like it might be a redundancy to keep sealed when there won't ever be an actual listing for it.  Edit: Scratch that, found the listing for it!

The price was... Not optimal, but considering how much of limited run this particular figure might be, I bought it anyways. Bricklink listings have it as being fairly cheap but perhaps that will increase after it's out of the dollar stores? Either way, he'll look nice next to my green Kimono Lloyd in the meantime. 

That gift is the same one that comes with issue 34 of the ninjago magazine in Europe, but the book is different.

Also if it was at a dollar store then one would presume it only cost you one dollar? which sounds like good price to me:shrug_oh_well:.

Picked up a Slammer Turbo yesterday for 10 €, the "slamming mechanism" was not included. Not a lucky LEGO find so far, but ...

... the guy who bought the Slammer back in the days added a Speed Computer to it! And it's working! Cable is in good condition as well. Yay :cry_happy:

On 4/21/2017 at 12:50 AM, Master_Data said:

$4 at Walgreens.

On 8/23/2017 at 4:47 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I was at Walmart the other day and scored The Scuttler for $30 and Dawn of Iron Doom for $25. 

Scored the same deal on the Scuttler.

On 1/15/2018 at 3:39 PM, prepmaster said:

Found the Assault walker from the latest star wars movie at walmart for half price 74.00 down from 149.96! Several other sets are on sale as well. Picked up a lego friends house for $30 down from $55.

Scored the same deal on the Assault Walker.

Let me see if I remember all the deals I've found...

Star Wars buildable Grievous figure for $9 at Walmart

Star Wars buildable Chirrut Imwe for $5 at Walmart

Star Wars buildable Jyn Erson for $6 at TRU

X2 Star Wars buildable Shoretrooper for $10 at Walmart

Ninjago Samurai VXL for $5 at Walmart

NEXO Knights Jestro's Headquarters for $35 at Walmart

Ninjago Raid Zeppelin for $13 at Walmart

Star Wars FO Scout Walker for $11 at Walmart, box had been opened, only missing instruction booklet

Volkswagen T1 Camper Van for $50 at a closeout/clearance/salvage store.  Box was opened, but nothing was missing.

Edited by JPN366