Target and Walmart in Pittsburgh has been clearing out some Lego sets.

I picked up:

70709 Galactic Titan at Walmart for $49.99 (my friend got one at Targe for only $30!!)

79104 Shellraiser $17.86 I got two of them at Target. Returned them to Walmart for full price and bought a Jabba's Sail Barge with the store credit.

75005 Rancor Pit $17.86 at Target

I would have gotten more if I could find more.

Rancor Pit for less the $20!?!?!? What a steal!!!!

Target and Walmart in Pittsburgh has been clearing out some Lego sets.

I picked up:

79104 Shellraiser $17.86 I got two of them at Target. Returned them to Walmart for full price and bought a Jabba's Sail Barge with the store credit.

I don't know if it's frowned upon here, but that's return fraud.

In what way is it fraud? Its not like I stole the item. I gave them an item at their own return policy and traded for something of equal value.

How is this different than me buying it for $17 and selling it for $60 and buying another toy with said $60? Or someone just gave me said item and I returned it to Walmart to exchange? It didnt cost me anything if I did that.

Edited by Solscud007

In what way is it fraud? Its not like I stole the item. I gave them an item at their own return policy and traded for something of equal value.

How is this different than me buying it for $17 and selling it for $60 and buying another toy with said $60? Or someone just gave me said item and I returned it to Walmart to exchange? It didnt cost me anything if I did that.

So you bought stock at target for cheap then returned it too a different retail chain "wal-mart" for a full price store credit...Two things strike me here,First is don't you have to have a proof of purchase when you return an item? ie a Recipient of purchase? If so the blame is on the store attendant organizing the refund for not checking your receipt or if the item has a custom barcode sticker for there particular store.

Second this is "Return Fraud" I work in retail and customers who return regularly are flagged or return over a certain amount within within an allotted time period are flagged for investigation. by the Loss Prevention department.

I guess this is a lucky Lego find, lucky the store attendant didn't do his or her job by checking the stock being returned......i wouldn't make a career out of it though

It's return fraud because you bought at one retailer and returned it at another. You didn't buy it at Walmart, if Walmart knew you didn't buy it there they wouldn't have accepted it. Next time you do this let them know you bought at Target and see what they say.

So you bought stock at target for cheap then returned it too a different retail chain "wal-mart" for a full price store credit...Two things strike me here,First is don't you have to have a proof of purchase when you return an item? ie a Recipient of purchase? If so the blame is on the store attendant organizing the refund for not checking your receipt or if the item has a custom barcode sticker for there particular store.

Walmart will except items back w/o receipt but they take down your info to monitor your number of returns.

I, for one, frown upon it.

It was a while back, but I got 10202 ultimate dume for 1$ at a flea market.

Yesterday I found the 2013 AT-TE and Rancor Pit sets for $30 and $20 respectively at Target. :classic:

Yesterday I found the 2013 AT-TE and Rancor Pit sets for $30 and $20 respectively at Target. :classic:

Lucky! :laugh: I went to my target last time to see if they had any galaxy squad sets and when I got there, there wasn't ANY 2013 sets, only 2014. This happened at both of my near targets.

Anyways, I did manage to find an unopened Mia's Magic Tricks for $5.

Now you need to take them to your nearest Walmart for full store credit.. :grin:

Edited by elleana

Can someone pick me up a Rancor Pit for $20 and shop it to me in the UK?! ;)

Picked up a wooden box full of vintage LEGO today at a collectables shop for $25. After sorting all the parts I was able to piece together a few Classic Space sets including a Beta-1 Command Base! There was also a Dump Truck/Loader from 1976, and a Universal Building Set. The icing on the cake was about fifteen Classic Castle Minifigs with a huge assortment of swords, shields and other accessories. And if that wasn't enough, there were five horses as well. Very glad I decided to go shopping today!

Picked up a wooden box full of vintage LEGO today at a collectables shop for $25. After sorting all the parts I was able to piece together a few Classic Space sets including a Beta-1 Command Base! There was also a Dump Truck/Loader from 1976, and a Universal Building Set. The icing on the cake was about fifteen Classic Castle Minifigs with a huge assortment of swords, shields and other accessories. And if that wasn't enough, there were five horses as well. Very glad I decided to go shopping today!

Super nice find!!!

Found last year's Republic Gunship for $60 at Wal-Mart today. Yay! Now I can sell my old 2002 one--I can probably get that much for it on eBay to pay for the new one.

They also had a load of Ice Cream Machines and Black Gate of Mordor sets for half off. I grabbed the Ice Cream truck--shame the other Movie sets aren't cleared yet.

Found Tahu (2001) for $5, The Exo-Force Robot Roller (with big green wheels, not official name) for $50, and best of all the Bionicle Powerpack (with CD and Chrome Hau) for $10!!!!!

Found at a Bartells Drugstore, if anyone knows what that is... Probably my best find, not daring to get my hopes up for another find like this.

legozebra

PS I found a Yellow Castle at a collectibles shop for $100, but it had no minifigs and I thought the price was a bit steep so I passed it up... Good or bad choice? I kinda regret it now as I found it on vacation :(

Lots of good finds at Target lately:

70709 Galactic Titan - $29.99

70708 Hive Crawler - $18.99

75005 Rancor Pit - $17.99

Not sure why some Targets are having such great fire sales, but I'm not complaining.

Surprised Walmart is clearancing any Lego movie sets. They are *all* constantly sold out here. It's ridiculous how fast they sell out...

More drops on Rancor Pit? $35-$39 is the lowest I've seen it for and at that price I still couldn't justify a purchase, so good for those who've found it for significantly less.

More drops on Rancor Pit? $35-$39 is the lowest I've seen it for and at that price I still couldn't justify a purchase, so good for those who've found it for significantly less.

Target had some crazy clearance prices about a month ago. Went from 30% right to a 70% markdown. Had to be in the right place at the right time to get them that cheap.

Hearing about all these awesome Target clearance prices made me think of my "good old days" when I used to drive to all the Targets in my city and find INSANE mark-downs. I'm originally from Des Moines, Iowa, and I must have been the only FOL living there. I got the 1983 Police Station for $5.15. The Motorcycle Shop from 1984 for $3 and some change. In 1986 I got the King's Castle for $19! And the list goes on. I'd have to say that probably 90% of my collection from 1980-2005 was purchased at some kind of discount, likely starting at 20%. I think over the years more people have caught on, making it more of a challenge to find the deep discounts. I also think gift cards have had an influence on harder to find clearance LEGO. Kids get a lot of gift cards during the holidays and they use them the day after, thus depleting marked down sets quicker than in the past. It's what I do when I get one. I think living in a much bigger city (Chicago) makes it harder to find deals- the competition is fierce. Luckily I have good friends who look out for me and let me know when they see something, but it's usually far and few between. Still, great deals at Target can be found today, you just have to work harder for it.

The competition is fierce and not every store marks down the same, even though it is the same company. Very odd. We have 3 Targets and 4 Wal-Marts in town here. I have never seen the same mark down at any of them. And the Targets that are easily accessible to me never have discounted sets. I'd love to pick up a few extra Rancor Pits for that price!

There's nothing like a good sale to make you pull the trigger on a set you otherwise didn't plan on buying (or getting extras).

Surprised Walmart is clearancing any Lego movie sets. They are *all* constantly sold out here. It's ridiculous how fast they sell out...

I'll say two things: one, finding the Ice Cream Truck on clearance is a rarity. I haven't seen ANY other TLM sets cleared at Wal-Mart or anywhere else. Two, the four two-in-one vehicles (Ice Cream Truck, Trash Truck, Plumbing Van and Castle Cavalry) have been the most consistent sets I've seen left on the shelves. A lot of the smaller ones or ones with main characters have vanished. (Though I am starting to see second shipments of sets finally showing up--Emmett's glider is becoming a lot easier to find all of a sudden.)

The competition is fierce and not every store marks down the same, even though it is the same company. Very odd. We have 3 Targets and 4 Wal-Marts in town here. I have never seen the same mark down at any of them. And the Targets that are easily accessible to me never have discounted sets. I'd love to pick up a few extra Rancor Pits for that price!

There's nothing like a good sale to make you pull the trigger on a set you otherwise didn't plan on buying (or getting extras).

The time to shop at Target is when they do their "reset." I have no idea when that is (other than after Christmas), but it's when they need to clear out that old stock for the newer stuff. I think there's a few Target-specific websites out there like AllThingsTarget which flags when they're having a big clearout.