Today I drove for one hour to a man selling his old Lego. I got to pick what I wanted. This is my catch:

legodeal.jpg

You can see 3 antennas, 7 granulate trees, 8 hollow base, 9 sollid base. Then some windows red and white

including 1 x 2 x 1 and 1 x 1 x 2, a 3 piece ladder, set 312 instructions and a red storage bin. I paid the man

more than 100 Euros. Still I tink I got a good deal. What do you think?

Today I drove for one hour to a man selling his old Lego. I got to pick what I wanted. This is my catch:

legodeal.jpg

You can see 3 antennas, 7 granulate trees, 8 hollow base, 9 sollid base. Then some windows red and white

including 1 x 2 x 1 and 1 x 1 x 2, a 3 piece ladder, set 312 instructions and a red storage bin. I paid the man

more than 100 Euros. Still I tink I got a good deal. What do you think?

A used complete set of 990-1 costs around EUR50...You missed some of the signages but you got lots of trees

Here's a lot I won on eBay for $16 USD (with shipping). It caught my eye because of the small black feather, which tends to go for about $10 USD on BL just by itself:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?P=4502a&colorID=11

I also need some of the old gray swords and hats to complete some of my old sets I'm parting back together. This will help cut back on some BL orders I will have to make soon. It's been really fun parting together my old sets, btw.

post-13511-0-10234200-1362430668_thumb.jpg

Here's a lot I won on eBay for $16 USD (with shipping). It caught my eye because of the small black feather, which tends to go for about $10 USD on BL just by itself:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?P=4502a&colorID=11

I also need some of the old gray swords and hats to complete some of my old sets I'm parting back together. This will help cut back on some BL orders I will have to make soon. It's been really fun parting together my old sets, btw.

Nice!, LOL the man with a female torso!

Nice!, LOL the man with a female torso!

Haha, yeah you've got to love eBay lots. I love scrolling through minifig lots and generally throwing out lowball bids. Every blue moon I'll win something decent, but then almost "not worth the time spent" for most sane people. :) In this case I legitimately needed a few key parts there and that justified my higher bid of almost $2 per fig.

Was able to pick up on my local Craigslist.

6080 - King's Castle

6074 - Black Falcon's Fortress

6061 - Siege Tower

All were complete with instructions and boxes. No fading whatsoever. $45

6080 - King's Castle

6061 - Siege Tower

Now that is an outstanding find!

Now that is an outstanding find!

I called her a couple hours after her listing posted and assumed they would be gone already. But she hadn't received any calls and I told her I'd be there asap. I kind of thought they would be pretty beat up with figures missing and the old grey to be really yellowed but they were in amazing shape. I couple tiles with bite marks, but very easily replaced. I almost felt bad about the deal, but she said she was making money as well.

Its not the best deal I've seen, but one I actually got: a used 8285 with instructions and box for 50 euros, and its a great set to toss in the parts bin.

I bought a small tub of legos today for $20. Mixed in were megablocks and quite a few broken and scarred legos but now that I've sorted through it, it appears that I scored a complete 7194 Yoda set in good condition. Hoo-ah!! :grin:

6080 - King's Castle

6061 - Siege Tower

I must admit I envy you, brings back found memories when I see the pictures of those sets (6080 and 6061). Was my best christmas ever :D

This is the lot I scored on Ebay about a month ago:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/150979435107

For just 77€, I got about 11kg of Lego.

There's a heap of older space (Futoron, M-Tron, SP 1 & 2, Blacktron I, Spyrius, Ice Planet) sets in there, not all are complete of course, but there's mostly just a few parts missing, if any. So far, I mostly spent time identifying the space sets, as that's what I'm most interested in. There's several town sets in there, aswell, some of them with the old 9V light & sound system (the lot contained no less than 5 different battery boxes!). There's a bunch of other interesting stuff, like one of the Technic remote controls and some very few castle and pirates pieces.

The biggest or most notable sets (from those I identified so far) to me are:

6395 - Victory Lap Raceway (built it except for the minifigs which I didn't get around to reassemble from the heap of minifigs I now have. The set itself is almost complete, missing only about 4 or 5 parts)

6781 - Space police 1 - SP Striker (built it, it's complete - saw that set alone go for 25-30€ on Ebay...two more medium-sized SP1 sets are in the lot, both of which built aswell, though on the last one, I ran out of blue 'airplane floor' parts and had to use black ones)

6894 - Blacktron - Invader (built it, complete)

6923 - M-Tron - Particle Ionizer (when I got the lot, it actually had the M-Tron super model fully built, you can see it to the far left in the pics on Ebay - there's four or five M-Tron sets in there)

6939 - Spyrius - Saucer Centurion (built it, misses a few minor parts like one antenna etc)

6941 - Blacktron - Battrax (I'm missing the trans-yellow windshield canopy, as I used the only one that was in the lot to built the Invader)

6949 - Spyrius robot (was still mostly intact when I got that, took it apart for washing with no intentions of rebuilding it)

6973 - Ice Planet 2002 - Deep Freeze Defender (turned into a MOC: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=79637)

6987 - Blacktron - Message Intercept Base (missing one of the big black panels, and also the windshield panel of the small space craft - which was a bit of a bummer. I had hoped it would be in there, it's the only part I'm still missing from my own message intercept base. This second station will serve as a provider for spare parts and most of it will propably end up in the huge 'Blacktron main station'-MOC I'm dreaming about)

8422 - Technic Motorcycle

Edited by Roger_Smith

I must admit I envy you, brings back found memories when I see the pictures of those sets (6080 and 6061). Was my best christmas ever :D

I also had 6080 as a kid, but it was about the only castle set I owned. I was much more into Classic Space.

Nice one, I saw that auction, I expected it to fetch a lot more.

Edited by S.I

Nice one, I saw that auction, I expected it to fetch a lot more.

Was that comment directed at me?

If so, so did I. My maximum bis was 120€ or something like that. I chose highly because I fully expected the price to explode in the last few seconds as it so often does, but in the end, I entered my bid, which put the highest bid up to 77€, and that's all that happened :classic:

I was lucky enough to find someone selling An Unexpected Gathering and Escape from Mirkwood for 45 dollars. Both were brand new! I'm not a big lotr/hobbit fan but it was too good a deal to pass up.

I bought the monster fighters crazy scientist set for $20 @ Walmart, she had no idea why it was marked that price, but she gave it to me anyway, killer deal for me!

Yesterday the mailman delivered my most recent eBay score:

legobuy1.jpg

Set 245 Lighting brick with instructions in mint condition

and the H0 Mercedes 190SL with it's garage from set 666.

Edited by Stinky

Was at a local Toys R Us today, a store I hardly ever go to, but I saw that they had 7188 Kings Carriage Ambush for sale at €25 which was not bad and since it was the only Kingdom set I was missing!

But the surprise came at the cash register where it rang up for €15 , I went back in and got a second one..........

Got a large box of technic parts for £5 from car boot. It mostly of black parts and after sorting out, after a few small sets, found a near complete 8285 tow truck with a few missing parts, one wheel, battery box and motor. Bricklink should take care of that.....

Daniel.