My luckiest find to date was probably sets 8363 Baja Desert Racers and 8366 Supersonic RC in excellent used working condition at a local tabletop sale about 5 years ago for total of £2! Yes £2 for 2 sets with a combined RRP of £110, a saving of over 98%, not bad! :tongue:

Another good find was a couple years ago I picked 4 classic town sets (6440, 6646, 6669 and 6673) on eBay for 99p (but it cost £4 postage) a total of less than £5 for 4 good condition uused sets. :sweet:

Back in the summer, at a car boot sale when I was on holiday I got 2x 8060 Typhoon Turbo Sub and 1x 8058 Guardian of the Deep all MISB, for £7 each. I paid £21 overall instead of the combined RRP of £53. :laugh:

~buddy~ :classic:

Edited by buddy

A UCS MF MISb for 100 pound :cry_happy:

*huh* <-- This was my exact face when I read this...

You lucky megablocks.

*huh* <-- This was my exact face when I read this...

You lucky megablocks.

They were raffling it off some where so I bought 100 pounds worth off tickets :laugh: and there where some other people and I ended up winning it :cry_happy:

They were raffling it off some where so I bought 100 pounds worth off tickets :laugh: and there where some other people and I ended up winning it :cry_happy:

:laugh: That would suck if you didn't get it. :tongue:

MY best find ever to date was Arkham Asylum for $15 AUD. at TRU. supposedly it was missing pieces. But It was complete. The funny part is, this was before I had become AFOL. I bought it for my kids.

My best find this year has been Batman Tumbler NISB at Big W for $60 AUD. granted its not super clearance or anything but it hasn't been current for over 2 years. I check that store all the time and it has never been on the shelf, so it was probably squirreled away on some shelf in the back room.

I saw Technic Tractor with Trailer (8063) at Target for the standard recommended retail price of AU$129.95. I read some reviews that said that it wasn't that great (3/10), so I didn't buy it at that time. :hmpf_bad:

About a week later I was back at Target, and it was now reduced to AU$99.95, and there were only 3 left (2 had damaged boxes). I decided to get it this time, and when I went to pay for it, it scanned in at AU$49.95 - I didn't correct them, and ended up getting the set for about 39% of its recommended retail price. :classic:

The week after that, Target had a 20% discount on Lego, so I went back, and the two remaining sets were still there, although these were the boxes that were damaged. I figured if any pieces were missing I can just contact Lego Customer Service, so I bought another set for parts. Luckily, all the pieces were in the box. This time I paid AU$39.95 - about 31% of the recommended retail price. Paying 31% for a set that scores 3/10 in a review sounds about right. :sweet:

I was thinking about buying the last remaining set, but I thought that I would let someone else have some good fortune too.

If you do nice things, nice things will happen to you. Today I donated some Star Wars toys and some Lego to Toys for Tots. On my way home I stopped at a thrift store to look around and found a 1200 pc. blue tub for $3. When I opened it to make sure there was actually Lego inside, I saw a 32x32 blue baseplate, #697 Idea Book complete with sticker sheet, and ALL of the mini-figs from #7190 Millennium Falcon! So get out there and do something nice- you will be rewarded!

I've been lucky over the years. Here are a few:

Model Team 5571 with box, Instruction and stickers not applied for $100 (missing a few pcs including a tire which I bought for $12 from eBay)

Model Team 5590 and 5591 for $150

A tub of Lego at a yard sale for $75. (after going through the tub, it was really close to a $1000 worth of sets)

Adventurers 5978 for $15, sealed.

Happy Hunting!

I've been lucky over the years. Here are a few:

Model Team 5571 with box, Instruction and stickers not applied for $100 (missing a few pcs including a tire which I bought for $12 from eBay)

Model Team 5590 and 5591 for $150

A tub of Lego at a yard sale for $75. (after going through the tub, it was really close to a $1000 worth of sets)

Adventurers 5978 for $15, sealed.

Happy Hunting!

Yard sales are the bomb..... then again flee-markets freak-en rule!

I went to ToysRUs planning on getting a couple of the Series 3 minifigures, but when I got there I was in for a surprise!

They had a Buy-One-Get-One 50% off! So instead of getting like 3 or 4, I got 8! FYI, that sale is still going, until tomorrow, maybe.

I found a used Killer Croc minifig in the flee market today. I just casually bought it at 71 US cents while buying other stuff from the stand (figured it was a monster from some theme and would be useful for custom minifig aliens). Then at home I was just trying to figure out what minifig it was, and ended up in shock after seeing its bl price :laugh:

Managed to find a Maersk Line container ship 10152 online for only RM 100 = USD 32.00 (based on current exchange rate) with box, instructions and stickers still on the sticker sheet. Shipping included too. The previous owner have not opened all the bags for set yet, so its like a MIB set :thumbup:

I found a used Killer Croc minifig in the flee market today. I just casually bought it at 71 US cents while buying other stuff from the stand (figured it was a monster from some theme and would be useful for custom minifig aliens). Then at home I was just trying to figure out what minifig it was, and ended up in shock after seeing its bl price :laugh:

You should have shouted out the stats from BL. Here they are:

Min Price: US $33.00

Avg Price: US $41.24

Qty Avg Price: US $40.91

Max Price: US $69.95

Lucky find! That's a $32.29 value using the min current price!

At the Lego store last week, found a Grand Carousel in the box. Damaged box, so marked 50% off, making it $125! Snagged that off the shelf so fast... and then paid for it with VIP points :)

My brother's ex gave me a large container of bricks about 4 years ago, free of charge. Actually, those are the only ones I've been able to use for MOC's, since I can't find my own childhood collection. Even though they're pretty comparable in size (probably 30,000+- bricks each), her's are far worse bricks (lots of useless mega bloks and dirty/broken bricks) and she apparently didn't give me any minifigs. Oh well, free legos are free legos. I also remember buying about 30+ 7111 Droid Fighters from KB back in '00-'01 for $0.50 each. Unfortunately, they're part of the lost collection. :hmpf_bad:

Yesterday, I've found some interesting deals in a King Jouet (a french store). On top of the shelves, there were several "old" Lego boxes, including one 7094 Castle, with no sticker price.

I've asked the price : 59€! Looking on Ebay, it actually sells for 200+€!

There were also a lot of Bionicle big sets (8759 & 8943) for 30/40€, Aqua Raiders 7775 for 40€, and a 7018 "Viking Ship vs Midgard Serpent" for 45€, and several Lego Pirates Advent Calendar for 21€

A good store for every AFOL!

I recently went to a Lego Store in AZ, and found that most of the Magnet sets were on sale, %50 off! Unfortunately, I couldn't get any, but I did get 2 Elves, and a Baseball Player using the codes, and they were cheaper then TRU!

So, I advise that you check your local Lego Stores, those Magnet Sets (the non-glued ones) may be %50 off! (There was Atlantis, Star Wars, and the girl one)

Was quite chuffed when i found the Star Wars magnets sets for £2.70 at the Brighton Lego shop, one to keep and two for parts! Result!

I've not really had the fortune of finding a fantastic buy worth posting on here, until this past week. Found some fantastic sets, in EXCELLENT condition, for $190 total. If eBay prices tell me anything, Jabba's Sail Barge is worth more than that on its own.

6210 - Jabba's barge

6209 - Slave I

7661 - Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Ring

6211 - Imperial Star Destroyer

6206 - Tie Interceptor

6208 - B-wing Figher

2x: 6205 - V-Wing Fighter

7126 - Droid Carrier

7666 - Hoth Rebel Base

7657 - AT-ST

3182 - Airport

3825 - Krusty Krab

3827 - Adventures in Bikini Bottom

7655 - Clone Battle pk

4735 - Slytherin

4720 - Knockturn Alley

4755 - Knight Bus

4714 - Gringott's Bank

4728 - Escape from Privet Drive

4730 - Chamber of Secrets

4758 - Hogwarts Express

4726 - Quiditch Practice

+ several miscellaneous creator/bionicle sets

I've not really had the fortune of finding a fantastic buy worth posting on here, until this past week. Found some fantastic sets, in EXCELLENT condition, for $190 total. If eBay prices tell me anything, Jabba's Sail Barge is worth more than that on its own.

Where the heck did you snab that? Great stuff, you're a very lucky guy :wink:

Reading this thread always makes me grieve with envy! :sing: you guys are so lucky with some of these finds!

Reading this thread always makes me grieve with envy! :sing: you guys are so lucky with some of these finds!

Me too! We don't get any deals in Canada :hmpf: