got a kylo renns shuttle and imperial hover tank for 90

14 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

Random Walmart find

Whoa, baseplates for 1$??? Must have been some trainee misprinting the price tag... :laugh:

Found both 60161 City Jungle Exploration Site for $35 and 31065 Park Townhouse for $15 a couple years ago at Walmart. Every year since then, I’ve gone back at that time of year to that exact aisle to look for more deals like that one. :thumbup:

Won a Paul Frank Julius Keychain (perfect condition) for $20 a few months ago in an auction for 3 keychains, seller didn't know what they had...nor did anyone else as I was the only bid :laugh:

Got 2000 sets of 70841 Benny's Space Squad for 3,4 Euro each. Hit me up if you are in the EU and want to trade some for other sets.

All are sold. Thanks for the interest.

Edited by Enigma1612

On 2/13/2007 at 9:17 AM, casewindu said:

they had this box in a toy shop in this shopping center called the bull ring in burmingham

I still think the old Bullring was better ;)

A bit sad this thread died off. Maybe people rarely go in this section anymore.

I've gotten some good finds on Facebook Marketplace over the last year or so:

- that Jurassic World T-Rex skeleton set for $10 (AUD)

- Nexo Knights 72002 and 72003 for $30

- and elsewhere, Ninjago Temple of the Endless Sea brand new for $60 (Australian RRP was originally $180 I believe)

I got four free totes full of Lego. Three from one friend, one from another... both were just giving them away. I found a bunch of chrome from a UCS Naboo Starfighter, Narcissa Malfoy, and a Clone Commander Fox (sans helmet) in three three totes.

52645939260_2a34e0d7d1_z.jpg

I also got a crap ton of wheels and clocks.

I managed to nab some original Xalax Racers with a poster for under £10 (with postage!) pretty nifty. 

I also found a LEGO Gadgets book that was un-used in a Charity shop for £3, bought it for my kiddo cousin. He is a big LEGO fan and I thought the fun technic mechanisms would be a great booster pack for him. I did pass up a box of parts in another charity shop, I wanted to leave stuff for younger fans. 

Back in March I was second in line for this marketplace add. I assured the seller that I would beat any other offer. I offered to pay $1,000 sight unseen, and up to $2,000 if the figs where a plenty. I ended up loosing it. I was bummed as I am a huge medieval fan and this lot appeared to have some great castles that are on my want list.

qn9izl7394ra1.jpg?width=1239&format=pjpg

My luck changed as the next day I discovered the buyer that beat me to the lot was flipping it for a quick profit. I reached back out to the original seller and he let me know that he sold the lot for $1,000 to a guy named ******. With this information in hand I went to inspect the lot. Upon arriving I asked if I could have 10-15 minutes to take a look in the bins. The first tub I found not one, not two, but four goats! This was all the confirmation I needed that this lot has not been picked through. I spent about 10 minutes quickly looking over each of the 19 tubs then made him an offer.

1wukaruk94ra1.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg

I unloaded the bins in the garage and the tubs sat there for a few days anticipating when I could start cataloging and assembling the medieval sets.

1udi5anaa4ra1.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg

While the tubes where still in the garage I opened up each tub one by and:

• Pulled out the minifigs and sorted them by theme.
  • Assessed the cleanliness of the pieces. All 17 tubs (2 had instructions) had very clean blocks. No pet hair. No clone brands. This was a very clean lot!
  • Took note of what sets I saw and the completeness of each.
  • Left everything but the figs in the tub.

2ve26yboa4ra1.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg

The first set I pulled from the lot was 6086. This set was mostly contained in a single large baggie. The only missing pieces where the figures and a few weapons, which I located them all in just two different bins. See the white and yellow feathers!

241swerca4ra1.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg

Another largish set that was in a baggie was 7097. The only pieces I had to hunt for where the Crown Knight figures and a few weapons.

jp6iu8nda4ra1.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg

At this point I have about 4 hours invested in this lot. I decided to build the 80s sets that where all mixed in one tub. I ended up building 6054 early as I wanted to see how it compared to the recent 40567.

ppm8uykfa4ra1.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg

After 14 hours of diggig in I had another 14 sets pulled out, 24 in total.

vkwidj9xn9ta1.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg

7zxmf244o9ta1.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg

The MVR came together in under 30 minutes as there were two copies of this set in the lot.

olfimn7qo9ta1.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg

I often stumbed upon a great find such as this 6009 set from 1992!

5zrk1nxqn9ta1.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg

After four months I parted out 133 sets (103 unique) with street value of $10,027. I spent approximatly 85 hours sorting and parting out sets.

• $2,500 : 31 medevial sets have been added to my collection, many from the 80s and 90s!
  • $4,327 : 50 sets have been sold on bricklink.
  • $3,250 : 45 sets currently listed on bricklink.
  • The remaining balance of sets I am waiting on bricklink orders to complete.

I documetend my progress in a Google Docs spread sheet. The following charts I found interesting.

qtw7qgl0pjbb1.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg

the number of pieces (red) and the dollar value (green) sorted out over time

o5lndhv3pjbb1.jpg?width=941&format=pjpg&

the value over time leaving space for the days/weeks I neglected the lot

The following three pictures show what is left of the 19 tubs that I started with. There are over 100 manuals left, but a large majority of the manuals are not included in this lot.

ce4wof9fpjbb1.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg

ss1lim9fpjbb1.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg

vf3kxp9fpjbb1.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg

All the sets pulled from this lot...

6on32qqqpz3o.png

- https://brickset.com/sets/list-74781

I enjoy this aspect of the hobby more than buying the latest and greatest set. It is relaxing and rewarding pulling out well over 100 sets from a pile of chaos. I am now monitoring facebook marketplace and garage sales for my next lot.

Nice haul. What did you pay the guy that bought it for $1k? What was his tipping point?

Found the Legacy Kai Fighter for only 16 Euro at my nearest Kaufland. Its original retail price was 35 Euro and on the aftermarket it goes for over 20 used so was a wild steal.

Bought 5kg mix for £35 on eBay, just 2 miles away so pick up there. Tan castle turret & 1/4 round, = Harry Potter Castle, 1 just sold for £70. Bought castle, 3 bricks wrong colour, already 2, now I've the 3rd. So tan & brown, colour was short of. Black 1×2 plate, after some, seams sellers only have a few each.