Forget to post this a while back, but I found the Arctic Icebreaker (a Toys"R"Us exclusive) at my local Target. Knowing how odd that is, I went to customer service... bam, they sell it to me for $13. I'm just2lucky.

I saw that video! You are just2lucky!

A similar thing happened to me a while back; I found the rare Homemaker Family set 200 sealed and shrink wrapped at a toy store in Europe for approx $10. (Among other goodies like the Homemaker cowboys complete with 2x1 guns, and another cowboy set with unarticulated minifigs) Knowing that the avg Bricklink price for a sealed copy is $90.10, I felt bad taking advantage of the employee and let him know that the item was actually quite rare. He thanked me and sold it to me for $25, which I readily accepted :grin:. Ah well, there was only so much I could gave done.

Edited by legozebra

CITY 60069 Swamp Police Station. lego.com price $89.99 USD

Picked it up at Bargain Hunt for...

Wait for it...

$36.00

Also picked up

Chima 70228 Vultrix's Sky Scavenger

lego.com price $39.99 USD, paid $18.00 (This one was missing one piece, though I had a spare, and one sticker off the sticker sheet.)

Architecture 21011 Brandenburg Gate

lego.com price $34.99 paid $12.75

Edited by P3_Super_Bee

CITY 60069 Swamp Police Station. lego.com price $89.99 USD

Picked it up at Bargain Hunt for...

Wait for it...

$36.00

Where?!

Where?!

Store Called BARGAIN HUNT.

Keep in mind Bargain Hunt is the epitome of "lucky find" Most of the time there is only one set on the shelf. It's a Close-out/buy-out/liquidation type store. Products that are closed out from your normal retailer, or a retailer simply bought too much product and is trying to liquidate it, or maybe slightly damaged stuff(mostly just packaging)

IE the box for the Swamp Police Station looked like someone sat on it, or it had something dropped on it. No biggie to me. Not into Lego for the box. I only care about what's in it. Some of the fun for me is the excitement on if I got a complete set or not.... The Chima set I mentioned above. had a perfect box, but the Lego seals had been cut on one side. When I opened the box all for bags inside had been opened. So i have the entire set (480 pieces) spread out on the table. No one bag at a time on this build, quite fun. and this set ended up missing one piece, I happened to have, and one sticker from the decal sheet. No biggie. picked it up on Bricklink...

I've probably picked up 40 plus sets there over the last year. I think as far as missing damaged parts. I've come up with 3 missing pieces, 1 damaged, 1 missing sticker sheet, 1 missing sticker off a sheet. for all sets combined. Quite a few of them were opened and pieces just floating around in the box as well.

Edited by P3_Super_Bee

Did I say Bargain Hunt is a GREAT place for deals?

Today's bargain....

42009 Technic Mobile Crane MkII

Lego.com price: $219.99 USD

Bargain Hunt price: $139.99 USD

Just got a fairly big box of random old 90s Lego on the market yesterday. Haggled the stallholder down to £35. It turned out to have most of the Enchanted Island and a bunch of small mid-90s space sets, among other random stuff. The only minifigs I got were the Islander ones, though. He wouldn't throw in the rest unless I paid extra and they weren't terribly exciting. Very happy with it as a haul, though - I had a lot of pirates stuff as a kid but none of the Islanders. Also nice that there was an old Lego club card in the box, so I know the name of the previous owner.

Did I say Bargain Hunt is a GREAT place for deals?

Today's bargain....

42009 Technic Mobile Crane MkII

Lego.com price: $219.99 USD

Bargain Hunt price: $139.99 USD

Cool! But I can do you one better.

Mindstorms EV3 ($350 value) for $16. Yes. $16. Only missing the remote control, and I can just use a tablet.

Not sure if it's a deal, but I just got the Limited Edition ASM2 Electro for $3.99 when ToysRUs usually sells polybags for $4.99.

Would this be considered lucky? Some of my haul from flea markets over the past year:

2x MISB 1731 (Ice Planet), one for $2, the other for $0.50 (seem to go for $25 each)

MISB Adventurers sets 5911, 5912, 5913 and 5914 for a total of $7 (seems to go for about $50+, for all four combined)

MISB 1256 Shell Gas Station for $17 (seems to go for $60-100+)

Edited by General Magma

I just got a sealed 76031 The Hulk Buster Smash for $15 sealed at Goodwill. There was a big dent on the side of the box, nothing more. The funny thing is I went through the toy aisle and found nothing. Walked by an old lady's cart and that set was in it. Just when I was leaving I told her I was interested in it as well and she let me buy it! It was my birthday yesterday too, so happy birthday to me. :wink:

Cool! But I can do you one better.

Mindstorms EV3 ($350 value) for $16. Yes. $16. Only missing the remote control, and I can just use a tablet.

I've had some nice success at Bargain Hunt over the years. Nothing like that as far as savings, but here are my best finds:

Arkham Asylum 10937 for $100

Tower Bridge 10214 for $120

Both of these sets had been opened, and the desk staff were kind enough to let me check the contents before purchase. Arkham was easy, the bags were numbered, but Tower Bridge isn't numbered and has over 30 bags. I think they're all there, but worst case it's an awesome deal on parts. Arkham was only missing one common piece.

Been on a bit of a lucky streak recently I suppose:

I got 10 great condition road baseplates for £5 at a boot sale last Sunday. 50p each.

I also found 6 Protector Bionicle sets at various Tesco stores. Just £2.50 - 75% off. For that price I had to just get every single one that scanned at £2.50. All hail Tesco and their random secret nonsensical sales! :laugh:

A guy posted on facebook a couple of pictures of the set he just bought in an "old toy store" *oh2*

16798_10153419942057160_5588994818857231281_n.jpg?oh=7f80efec489237640ddc3fcebcab47c9&oe=55BF02FB

10411018_10153419941452160_3395269866358693141_n.jpg?oh=a157e91e5f01a70b7bb8c046e716cc69&oe=55FB5341

:oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh:

Edited by Robert8

Picked these two bad boys up in the past week. #6274 Caribbean Clipper off eBay for $75 shipped, and 6285 Black Seas Barracuda for $50 off a friend of mine who was getting rid of his Lego collection. Both were 99% complete, with boxes and instructions, and I already Bricklinked the few parts I was missing. Pretty awesome to finally get the sets you dreamed of as a kid....even if it is 20 years late lol.

20150523_214051_zpsaueqsvgo_edit_1432508194870_zps5csx0qyv.jpg

Edited by Corweena

At London Comic Con this weekend, I picked up a yellow spaceman from the mid- to late '80s for £3 (about $4.60). It was a bit dirty and had a stress fracture in its upper arm, but the dirt washed off and I had spare yellow arms from that period anyway. Apart from the grime and crack, it was in mint condition. The gold of the moon, the helmet's chin strap and the oxygen tank are all perfect, and those are usually the first casualties of playwear for classic space minifigs. I suspect it wasn't played with much or at all.

Not the greatest find in LEGO collecting history, I know, but enough to make me do this: :sweet:

S@H USA is throwing in a free, unlisted Jurassic Park poster in orders, I got one this week. It wasn't mentioned in the invoice, just showed up in the delivery box.