I can't be asked to take a pic, but while passing on a particularly bad condition "I Brick NY Minifigure Keychain" (£7 on Bricklink, unfortunately), I managed to pick up an adequate condition Mickey Mouse Fireman minifigure for 50p (£1.50+ on Bricklink!).

Where?

LOTR Battle of the Black gate for $29

3x Castle Dragon Mountain for $25 each

Found in the garden section of a Walmart, apparently ready to put in storage. Not sure why, maybe waiting for Christmas to bring them out again. According to the Walmart app they had Castle Forest Ambush in stock for $5, but I couldn't find it in the mess of stuff.

I just wanted to let anyone in the North Austin / Round Rock, Texas, USA are know that the Round Rock Barnes and Noble has a 9492: Tie Fighter in stock.

The box has minor damage, but the set is brand new for I think $55 USD.

Edited by lomis

This past weekend I was fortunate to acquire a used, complete Sydney Opera House for $150 through CraigsList. It is now assembled and will eventually be used for parts.

17 Fantasy castle sets (7 boxed including 7029) for 250 euro's.

Oh boy, amazing deal! I'm jealous, I've been wanting 7029 for quite some time. Great find! What else did you get?

Oh boy, amazing deal! I'm jealous, I've been wanting 7029 for quite some time. Great find! What else did you get?

Boxed: 5615, 7009, 7029, 7090, 7091, 7092, 7094

Unboxed: 7009, 7094, 7041, 7090, 7040, 7093, 7037, 7036, 7092, 7038

Boxed: 5615, 7009, 7029, 7090, 7091, 7092, 7094

Unboxed: 7009, 7094, 7041, 7090, 7040, 7093, 7037, 7036, 7092, 7038

Wow, just wow.

In Stop and Shop I found City 4x4 and Diving Boat slightly opened and reduced to $10! Only one part was missing, the orange boat (not in a sealed bag), so I placed an order for a missing piece and got it from LEGO!

At Toys R Us I was allowed access to a Bricktober Theater promo set! It sat on the shelf as a regular store item, and the manager ovverode the scanning error (intended to prevent purchases of the set prior to release date, October 5, 2014).

I didn't ask for it to be ovverode, the manager did it themselves.

Review for it here!

At Toys R Us I found a Batman DS accessory pack for $0.04! Price when scanned, originally more than $7.99, great find!

Review of it here, before anyone else publicly sees:

I have a deal for a #8070 at 67% of the original price. It is used but only assembled and put on shelves. Should I buy it?

I have a deal for a #8070 at 67% of the original price. It is used but only assembled and put on shelves. Should I buy it?

Depends on how you feel about used sets. For me, a big part of the joy of getting a new LEGO set is opening the crisp bags and pulling out the factory-fresh pieces for the first time. It's something special for me.

Week before last I wandered past a garage sale down the block. At first glance there wasn't anything of interest, but then I saw the box for 4184 The Black Pearl peeking out of a tub. It had been taped back shut, so I had no idea what was actually inside it. Took a risk, asked what they wanted for it, they said $10. Sold.

Emptying out the box, it looked like it was dismantled in chunks, but mostly there... score. After breaking it and rebuilding from the (included!) instructions, I found there were only about a dozen pieces missing, mostly small. About ten bucks on BrickLink and it's back together, complete except for (unfortunately) the two rare/unique minifigs Davy Jones and Maccus.

There were also a handful of other-toy parts mixed in the box, including a couple bits from a Playmobil pirate ship. Close enough, eh?

This isn't exactly a lucky find as I was too late to get it... But it was certainly someone's lucky find.

I was checking how much Juno Eclipse figures had sold for recently and a couple of weeks ago one sold for £2.99... But it was just her head... On Galen Marek's body. I love it when people don't know what they've got.

Reading through this topic reminded me of my own lucky find from about a year ago - on eBay of all places. I won a small lot of animal and minifigure pieces for about £16 which had a few dragon related pieces in it, then when I got them through the post, I realised I had most of a Hungarian Horntail dragon in there, including the head, body and wings. I just had to BL half the tail, and I ended up with a whole Hungarian Horntail dragon, in excellent condition, for just £20. At the time, they were worth more than twice that (even more so now), so I was very pleased with my chance find :laugh:

I've also scored two 2007 Fantasy Era dragons (a black one and dark red one) recently for £15 (though I need to replace the tail piece on one of them, and the prices for one of those in the UK are simply :wacko: ).

One of my older stories: I got an old LEGO haul with the slope dress from the Fright Knights Witch. Nothing else, just the slope brick. So I knew it was hers, but I couldn't use it, so I just tossed it away among my other pieces. I went to another sale that had a bucket of old LEGO, mainly Orient Expedition, UFO, and Castle. What do you know, the Witch's hat, head, cape, torso, and a dragon (minus wings and tail) were there, I couldn't believe that I got one whole minifigure from two different places!

Edited by 8BrickMario