The time to shop at Target is when they do their "reset." I have no idea when that is (other than after Christmas), but it's when they need to clear out that old stock for the newer stuff. I think there's a few Target-specific websites out there like AllThingsTarget which flags when they're having a big clearout.

Noted. Thanks for the info, and for sharing that site.

The competition is fierce and not every store marks down the same, even though it is the same company. Very odd. We have 3 Targets and 4 Wal-Marts in town here. I have never seen the same mark down at any of them. And the Targets that are easily accessible to me never have discounted sets. I'd love to pick up a few extra Rancor Pits for that price!

There's nothing like a good sale to make you pull the trigger on a set you otherwise didn't plan on buying (or getting extras).

This happens to me too. The 3 targets I checked only had new sets no 2013 ones and all the Wal-Marts had no discount sets. They were all at regular price. I really wanted the galaxy squad sets.

Edited by TheLazyChicken

On the Learning Express website I found images of some polybag sets that are marked for purchase at $4.99. Among them is the Mikey's Mini-Shellraiser, which surprises me if they actually do have it available. Also included are Piece of Resistance and Police ATV, both marked as well for $4.99. I'm willing to make a purchase to experiment if they have it, okay? You may try it as well.

Here are the links:

Mikey's Mini-Shellraiser: https://lexnj.learningexpresstoys.com/buy/lf30271/lego-minifigure-tmnt-shellraiser-in-polybag

Piece of Resistance: http://lexnj.learningexpresstoys.com/buy/lf30280/lego-minifigure-movie-piece-of-resistance-in-polybag

Police ATV: http://lexnj.learningexpresstoys.com/buy/lf30228/lego-minifigure-police-atv-in-polybag

Hi just found on my parents house the most old polybag, from my collection in MISB condition :)

Made by LEGO in 1996.

sB4syEc.jpg

I found a hobby shop which had a whole box of a collection of trains! :laugh: I now have 7839 and 7715! :grin: Every time I come there I'll be sure to pick up more and more sets! :tongue:

I visit several Raleigh area Targets once a week or so and WMs whenever I am nearby at the bank or Whole Foods about twice a week. It is very rare to find any LEGO marked down more than 20 percent. If it does get marked down more than that, it must fly off the shelves because it is not there when I drop in for a quick look.

My only decent find the past two years was (four of) the Goblin King Battle 79010 for 30US at a WM in southern Virginia. One is a birthday gift for an excellent child builder turning six and the other three went at cost to a friend who usually parts out sets on BL unless he wants them. He calls me if he sees something I might like in his state, and I really appreciate those calls.

With so many collectors out there roaming through the stores, it seems that the days of serious discounts are pretty much over for us amateurs.

With so many collectors out there roaming through the stores, it seems that the days of serious discounts are pretty much over for us amateurs.

Yep. My Targets NEVER have any dicounts. Not even a 20% discount! Neither do my Walmarts. :cry_sad: I only find good discounts at my nearby store. It always has discounted Lego there. From 50% to 70%. Mostly from sets that are 2 years old.

This past Friday I went to an estate sale here in NJ and got pretty complete (with instructions, but no box) versions of Cafe Corner and Green Grocer for about $200 total! As far as I can tell I'm only missing about 10 or so pieces total from both (and all common enough that I can find them on Pick A Brick). I have to admit, I was pretty excited, I almost didn't go to work in order to go home, break it down and reassemble :)

A few weeks earlier I had purchased a set from Goodwill online that appeared to have the Holiday Train. Along with it was a new 9v train regulator and some megablocks. The Holiday Train bricks were clean and from what I can tell never assembled (the axles were still packaged), Sadly though, the person only left me with half the train (the back 3 cars), so now I have another Bricklink adventure ahead of me.

14231302545_20d17c42c3_z_d.jpg

Edited by PJ Gomez

PJ, That was an amazing find for sure! After running into a CC and GG at that price, I seriously doubt anyone would show up for work that day. Way to go!

img_2075-1.jpg

I found these from two different sellers at a local flea market-like place. It has two full gallon bags of dark gray, two full past the point of being able to close gallon bags of light gray, and the tub in the middle (I already owned the red tub, but not the bricks inside it). Also included were four Pirate sails (not pictured). It ended up being 15.4 pounds for $85.

Found the 6754 Family Home at 20% off retail price at a local toy shop. MISB :wub:

Now, do I build it or sell it....

I don't want to crush your enthousiam, but the 4 figures to the left looks like non lego minifigs to me.

Probably still no problem with some quite exclusive minifigs for that price. :wink:

I never find anything like this. The best I have ever found is the giant castle chess set chess board and a C-3PO for 5.

Where do you find deals and lots like these?

My local stores barely have any of the new sets, I've found my best deals on amazon mostly, for some City sets.

I don't want to crush your enthousiam, but the 4 figures to the left looks like non lego minifigs to me.

Probably still no problem with some quite exclusive minifigs for that price. :wink:

I know that, that's why I kept them apart :wink:

Still don't know what to do with them.. probably buuuurn :devil:

Still don't know what to do with them.. probably buuuurn :devil:

They are no match for droidekas! Let them take care of business :classic:

I bought my Republic Gunship for 50 USD. I love the shops when they make mistakes with their prices.

Edited by Dharkan

I got the City set Museum Break in, (60008) for about $22 off the regular price from Amazon.com. I wanted it to go with my Town Square, which has the bus advert on its side for the museum, and the bus stop sign has a reference to it too. Oh and the Lego version of the painting 'Girl with the pearl earring' ;-)

I am not sure what is going to happen here, but I wanted to order some parts to extend my new 60050 train station from bricks and pieces. There seems to be many errors on the lego inventory for this set on the UK site, one of which was track sections for 5p each! I immediately ordered the max 200 from the drop down box and submitted the order, I have got the confirmation email showing £10 for the 200. Funnily enough the lego inventory now shows 'out of stock' - presumably as an emergency measure until they can correct it properly. I will call them up tomorrow to pay, I wonder if they will honour it?

Edited by Heppeng

Well if you managed to complete your order, then you have every right to tell them that they need to honour their service.