I don`t know if this should be put here or some where else but, 2 days ago i bought the last Ninjago Warrior bike at my local walmart but when i opened the box i was filled with joy because instead of the Warrior bike i got the Golden Dragon set and part of Cole`s power drill. :sweet:

I don`t know if this should be put here or some where else but, 2 days ago i bought the last Ninjago Warrior bike at my local walmart but when i opened the box i was filled with joy because instead of the Warrior bike i got the Golden Dragon set and part of Cole`s power drill. :sweet:

Woah, that's unusual! And it's awesome! Congrats! :sweet::grin:

Was the set sealed? this seems very unusual, given that LEGO apparently weigh every set before they send them out - and that is to make sure a set contains the right amount of pieces so the scales must be very sensitive. It seems unlikely that a box that much heavier than it is supposed to be would slip through their checking process, and I'm also not sure how all of those pieces would fit inside the box properly. Still, if this really happened it's pretty awsome.

I've been cross-posting all over the place today. :) I re-obtained by childhood Lego collection and made a thread about it. Check it out over here:

http://www.eurobrick...6

This is definitely the luckiest find I've ever had. At one point, I thought it had all been lost or given away to younger cousins/nephews/nieces.

Edit: Oops, this is buy/sell/trade. This was more of a "found in the attic" sort of thing.

Edited by Zeya

I've been cross-posting all over the place today. :) I re-obtained by childhood Lego collection and made a thread about it. Check it out over here:

http://www.eurobrick...6

This is definitely the luckiest find I've ever had. At one point, I thought it had all been lost or given away to younger cousins/nephews/nieces.

Edit: Oops, this is buy/sell/trade. This was more of a "found in the attic" sort of thing.

Congrats, I saw your posts in the Castle and Pirates subforums. Impressive collection you re-found there. You should definately do reviews of some of the more interesting sets.

I had two lucky finds in 2012

First I got a $4 goodwill bag 599 lego...2 dozen megablocks all in poor condition,

still, for less than a penny each....

thrift1.jpg

thrift2.jpg

check out that 1x4 brick with circles....I'm still trying to ID it.

A coworker also gave me as many of his legos as he could find. Most of them were from my dark ages.

gift1.jpg

gift2.jpg

gift3.jpg

OOH! A spiderman, and yellow star wars!

There were also eight complete or almost complete sets

2162 Hydro Reef Wrecker

6341 Gas n Go flyer

1786 Jailbreak Joe

1711 Ice Planet Scooter

6879 Blizzard Barron

6076 Dark Dragon's Den

1477 Red race car

thrift3.jpg

Finally I got my new (to me) set today! Saw it posted from a local online selling forums. The seller was also a former AFOL, He bought it brandnew around US$250 back in year 2000, built it once and never touched it again.

I got it for only $80!!!! :wub: Current selling price for the same set minus box and manuals and in fair condition is around $200. Really love good deals! :thumbup:

This one is minty fresh complete with box, manuals & partially applied stickers.

Now on with the pictures

DSC_0768_zpsed3f22ee.jpg

DSC_0769_zpsdf30b480.jpg

DSC_0770_zpsb7a41315.jpg

DSC_0771_zpse95b08ca.jpg

The tires

DSC_0772_zpsfe206b1b.jpg

02022013584_zps8ca9b163.jpg

Stickers and manuals

DSC_0773_zps85ce5d18.jpg

DSC_0774_zps32b8e835.jpg

Edited by francisalmario

Got another great deal today! A local shop is selling their toys for 50% off, including Lego Technic! :laugh:

So I grabbed these:

8110 Unimog - $109 each (I bought 2 sets)

9397 Logging truck - $77 each (I bought 2 sets)

9398 4X4 crawler - $109 each

9396 Helicopter - $55

04022013592_zpsaa2c855e.jpg

I'm thinking of buying another Unimog and just put the 2 sets to sell later :blush:

kibosh - lucky! The cheapest they were here was above $50. I had no luck finding any clearance at any stores around here.

I still see them on the shelves around here for $50. This was the cheapest I've heard of them. I was shocked when I scanned it.

Caverns of Nathuz for 8.00, I couldn't believe it, so now board is going farther!

I love the western U.S Walmarts, there have bettr sales than home.

Yesteday I picked up 5 harry potter polybags (30111...I think) at target for $1.06 Each

They were labeled "as is" but I couldn't find any problems with them. I've also bought damaged boxes from target before and only once was there a defective part.

If you see a deal like this at target, I say snap it up!

Today, via a private seller. I picked up the whole Batman collection from 2006 - 2008 for $1250 US. .

I think it was a great deal considering if I bought them from Bricklink, buying them all would have cost me $1841.10 US, plus shipping, so probably about $2000. Some are over seas. That is buying the sets complete with all minifigures. I came out over $700 US ahead.

I am working on building them all now and so far, no missing pieces! All minifigs are there!!

Jamie

I had to share/brag about a great find at the local antique mall. Down in the basement in a back corner I came across a bunch of old Lego boxes mark for 3-8$. The best finds in the stash were set 6083 knights tournament in a fairly decent box with all the parts as well as set 6077 knights procession for 3$. I opened the box and there are almost two complete sets inside!

Other boxed sets I got ahold of are 6930, 6062, 6928, 517, 310, and then a number of no box first line space sets. The figs are all in mint condition with nice stiff joints. They include 487 the space cruiser and 483 alpha 1rocket base. The translucent bricks are all in incredibly clear shape, no scratches at all.

All together I spent 150$ for what could be resold for much much more. The collector in me though is probably gonna proudly display these!

Those sound like some great deals! I never seem to find anything LEGO related in antique/thrift stores around here. Granted I don't go looking very often either.

Hard to find Lego in thrift/antique shops as people seem to know the value of these and would rather post on Gumtree/Craigslist as a bulk lot instead of giving it away!

I posted this on a billion other places, but still, I found the best clearance ever today at a Target in Pembroke Pines, FL!!!

Orc Forge for $18!

Weathertop for $21!!!

Quinjet for $21!!!!!!!!!!

Also found the Uruk-Hai Amry for $21 a couple days ago at another Target.

That's cool. Do you know if the sale is nation wide?