Time has passed since the Single Ring was destroyed.

Mount Doom is a peaceful place today, and Frodo has come to see if everything is correct

1_zps69b6a8e7.jpg

But that Sauron is gone, does not mean it is not free from dangers

2_zpseba7874f.jpg

A couple of orcs wandering around, and you better hide until they disappear into the arid territory in search of something to plunder

You better go home, the hobbit think...

3_zps975407cd.jpg

Gandalf has been to see how things go for Isengard, after the demolition of SarumanĀ“s tower

3b_zps9aa0ec6e.jpg

It seems that the forest is recovering, that's good. Gandalf decides to go to The Shire, to see his old friend Frodo.

4_zps8933bd86.jpg

Hobbiton, still as beautiful as ever!

Both friends find themselves at Bag End, these stairs where so many adventures began!

5_zps8f6d73fe.jpg

6_zpsec356993.jpg

down the hill to "The Green Dragon"

8_zps5142cb4b.jpg

cross the bridge over the lagoon, is a sunny and beautiful day for walking ....

9_zpsee6c2214.jpg

and drink a good beer remembering all the adventures!

10_zps27a8098b.jpg

These photographs correspond to the following locations:

• Hobbiton, near Matamata in a private farm

• Mount Doom is in the Tongariro National Park, and is a trekking I recommend to everyone, it's like walk on another planet.

• Isengard is located near the town of Glenorchy, and other locations, which have no proper figures, I could not include in this cartoon.

And I'd recommend New Zealand to everybody, is an amazing and very beautiful country.

What a great job, These pictures are amazing, thanks :classic:

Those are funny :laugh:

The first pictures are really stunning as it almost look likes the nature is on the scale of the minifigs (or vice versa :laugh: )

New Zealand is definitely on my "bucket list" as far as places to visit. I'm so glad they opted to build permanent structures this time around; hopefully they stay well-maintained for years to come.

I thought it was NZ from the first picture onwards! I've driven past Hobbiton, but never been there. Aren't we lucky to live in such a nice country. I would recommend it to everybody (bar the fact we have high Lego prices and no Lego stores :cry_sad: )

Great pictures. :) I remember my own visit to Matamata and the Hobbiton set in 2007. Also attempted the trek across the Tongariro, but it was too snowy and ice was everywhere, making it impossible to climb to the pass.

Edited by Nefarious

The photos make me really want to visit NZ. It looks so magnificent. I can't wait to come visit these beautiful locales. :cry_happy:

Its a very amazing country, when I was there I undestood why Peter Jackson filmed the movies in this natural paradise. My minifigs enjoyed so much the travel. :classic::wink:

Thanks for the pics! I did the Tongariro track last year and agree with your recommendation. Rugged volcanic landscape, sulphur lakes, waterfalls, clear streams and finally dense vegetation - I've never seen that much variety within a single day's walk. Knowing that the mountain functioned as Mt. Doom in the movies made it even better. :)