SheepEater

What would you do if your minifigs came alive?

Pinch myself, then buy more supplies to make a larger city and increase the population for them. And don't forget about getting more female minifigures :grin:

All of my collection is divided by themes (Star Wars divided further by factions). With this obvious segregation, I imagine there would be a lot of cultural tensions between the various groups. Eventually war will break out. The Star Wars factions will be well prepared for this battle, I also assume my Bionicle and Harry Potter sets would be equally adept at battle. However the residents of my Modular Buildings and Trains will be doomed, unarmed and caught between armies. Themes I have only a handful of figures for would become guns for pay, using their unique powers to change the tide of the war. Finally despite their size my old Galidor sets (yes I still have them) will be treated with disrespect and hatred by all the other Lego groups.

And then after the war, the figures will put everything back together, tell the opposing side "Good game, same time next week?" and then return to their immobile plastic state.

Hahah ... this was totally the best answer :rofl:

They might wonder why their heads are in one section of a divided container, their torsos in another, and their legs on the the far side of the container.

I'd probably not even notice.

Mine are all confined in plastic storage boxes, except for the ones which are still sealed in unbuilt set boxes. Although I do have a bunch of castle figs in the same box as some weapons, have to keep a closer watch on that box.

(Reminds self to build 50-brick high wall around building area, with a moat on the inside full of LEGO sharks and crocodiles. Just in case I want to take some out.)

Awkwardly enough.... I've actually thought of this before, my figs rising up.... and shooting me with plastic revolvers. :look:

Hey! Interesting question! I'd first check if anyone slipped anything into my coffee! :wink:

Joe

I knocked over a bunch of my figs once and I could have sworn my Deadpool got up by itself, but let's be honest, if any one minifigure was going to come to life it would probably be Deadpool.

1. I would teach my mostly pastel and female minifigs to build themselves selecting the torsos, faces, hair, etc. that they want for a change. Then they would get to spend a day at my pastel mall....drinking coffee in the bookstore, shopping for clothes and LEGO, catching a film, and enjoying watching the swans in the lake. And adding any features and stores they want. And of course a visit to the medical and dental clinics at the mall for basic check ups...who knows how long it has been since they have seen a doctor or dentist.

2. Then they could take a walk in the park, bicycle along the paths to the lake, or go to the gym or pool for some exercise. And maybe stop at the grocery store for the food they like.

3. They could design, build and landscape new cottages and pick/design a vehicle using Creator set plans as reference tools .

4. And choose with whom they want to live with. (This could become interesting. Once I held roommate try outs that required sight reading a simple Bach piece on the piano, cooking dinner, and doing a load of wash. it worked, and the roomies were good neighbors!)

5. I would try not to make them my slaves as their lives have been dull enough living so many years in large pink Rubbermaid containers. But it would be tempting to train them to pick up and sort LEGO, vacuum and do the laundry. (I don't mind doing the yard work, but inside cleaning is not the high point in my life.)

6. When I leave the house for errands, a few could go with me every day so they could learn the lay out of the BIG TOWN and remind me when I forget to do an important errand, like buy gas for the Prius or make a bank deposit the old fashioned way with paper checks at a real bank.

7. And of course they need a job, so that would require teaching them how to work in my home office. They would be skilled on the phones, drawing up proposals for contracts, describing what we do, writing invoices, paying bills, and answering questions of customers. This means I would have a back up to cover for me when I am out of the home office...woooohooo! And of course they need commensurate pay checks! Otherwise the Dept. of Labor would arrest me for hiring illegal aliens.

This could keep me occupied for many years....oh, what fun! (And they don't have to worry about nuclear annihilation by SW guys or shooting posses or hanging a la the Lone Ranger. And the many other violent means of departing Planet Earth contained in the other themes.) They could just be Friends Forever....sounds blissful, doesn't it!

is this only applied for minifigs? because i also collect constraction figure like bionicle, HF, ultrabuil, etc. if this is applied into all your lego, then that means all those figures will comes to life as well. building a really high walls would be a good idea. it'll feels like a scene from "Attack On titans", except you're the titan, from minifig's point of view.

Well, if each character keeps his own powers i'm in serious trouble. I have a buttload of minimates and custom lego figs so by the end of the day i would have been webbed, bitten, cut and all around injured. Or, if they were cooperable i would make them do my stop motions all by themselves. I would just hold the camera and build the sets! The rest would be made by them!

Have more intellectual conversations than I do with my wife, probably longer also. She thinks Lego are childish and dumb. I say the same thing about her crafting. Then, while closing my eyes and trying not to look, put my Medusa CMF in a box so she doesn't turn me to stone. Fun topic.

Look for the nearest escape from my room! Most of my minifigs are armed with guns and swords. It would be even worse if created MOC's also came to life in their hands. Two Slave I's and a Republic Gunship would be attacking me along with any mechs and my one vic viper. I hope that wouldn't give that nuke I built nuclear properties either (at least in minifig form), because then I'd be in trouble.

I would wonder what kind of illegal substance I had today, and never use those again. :P

How much harm can they do? Are we talking about same strenght and speed as humans, scaled down to the minifig size?

How much can they do? If you only accept all the functions a minifig can do now, snap on a tool with the hands, snap on a brick -nob with a foot, there isn't much what they could do.

Unless you bring alive the rest of LEGO to. Working vehicles, tools and such. If I could keep them contained and/or trained, I have a few possibilities.

LEGO exploring to the life of ants or mice. Sell the ducumentories to Animal Planet and buy more LEGO for my minions.

LEGO Private Investigaton company. Nobody suspects a LEGO minifig with a camera.

I wonder how far they could evolve with a huge pile of LEGO.

Well, so long as they don't train my Lego Pokèmon devastating moves, figure out how to use the One Ring, don't form a pact with the transformers, and the Bionicles don't try to kill me, I'd make them into my personal army and use them to raid the local TRU.