Sign in to follow this  
neon-rc

Lego Minecraft

well today i received my first new lego kit in about 12 years!

The minecraft micro world set

first thought upon unboxing were of the hundreds of tiny little tiles, i had seen pictures online but wasnt expecting it!

then i set about counting all my pieces, turns out i have 2-3 missing and 16extras! meaning my kit is a 494pice set and not a 480 piece kit lol

got it built within the hour and as i play minecraft myself on both pc and xbox the layout of it seems quite good, but some parts dont quite make sense.

The "house" on the lego set is 1 block tall, but in the minecraft game, you are 1.6blocks tall (each block representing 1metre) and the doorways are 2blocks tall which also means that the minifig (which is 2.3 bricks tall) has no chance of fitting inside the house.

the gold bars are way too big and they may have been better making Ore blocks such as gold, diamond etc that are built into the walls instead of doing gold bars.

another thing although trivial to anybody who doesnt play minecraft, is that when you place a water block, it will travel for 7 blocks, which would be more than the 6block size of 1:4 of the micro world :laugh:

i plan on placing a order of about £60 with lego in a few weeks to purchase enough blocks to expand the standard 12x12 world into a 18x18 world, complete with a couple of new characters, and then once i am happy with a layout and the amount of blocks i need for this, i will place another order with lego and see if anybody would like to purchase an expansion set of between 500 and 1000pieces so i have a couple of questions, for those of you who are interested in minecraft :wink:

1. What would you be willing to pay for an expansion pack for the lego minecraft kit, which retails at £34 (and $34) that would more than double its size?
  2. How many pieces would you like it to contain?
  3. What new characters would you like?
  4. Would the kit be for you or a child?
  5. would you like Ore blocks (coal,diamond,iron,gold,redstone) blocks to be included?
  6. would you like minecart track blocks to be included?

Thanks

Gav :thumbup:

I think the whole minecraft set looks boring, and it is no better than a normal bulk of LEGO bricks.