niteangel

MOC Modular Building - LBGS (Lego Bank of the Golden Scorpion)

This is my first time to do an MOC modular building, and it is a chance for me to put my profession into practice in the brick city! (I am working as an architect) There is still a lot of room for improvement and detail refinement, but at least the basic shape is all here. Yes, this is a bank, the Lego Bank of the Golden Scorpion. Finally, the Lego citizens can get their money here for shopping at the Grand Emporium and watching movies at the Palace Cinema! And yes, finally my street is starting to look different than the others!

Overall view, the workers are cleaning up the place and preparing to get off work...

20130414-01.jpg

The main entrance has two doors, left and right, separated by a little pond. The middle fountain is a mushroom jet, and water at the entrance? It is all about feng shui! (in Chinese feng shui, flowing water means money!)

20130414-02.jpg

The front elevation is decorated with a lot of golden pieces, and the scorpion logo is right there too. It has a golden and silver on its left and right sides respectively, symbolizing trading and monetary matters.

20130414-03.jpg

Let's talk a look at the first floor. Instead of making the whole floor removable, I retain the front facade of the 1st floor to the G/F, as a little test to see if this section cut is more useful or interesting...

20130414-04.jpg

G/F . Basic Services (card return, passbook check, ATM, appointment booking...)

The ground floor has a small counter for some basic and easy services. A guard is at the door, while you can see the ATM on the left. On the right is a lift to other floors, and it is a bubble lift! (glass lift)

20130414-05.jpg

Another angle of the floor. A staff is handing a new credit card to the client...

20130414-06.jpg

Let's have a ride on the lift to the next floor!

20130414-07.jpg

1/F Bank Vault

The bank vault storing the most valuable things is located on the 1st floor. Today some green money cases are delivered and a staff is watching.

20130414-08.jpg

Well, sounds like there are enough gold bars to buy the new Lone Ranger Lego sets coming this summer!

20130414-09.jpg

2/F Premium / Advance Services

The topmost floor is for advance banking services, where you can find a bigger counter (I should put more staff in). The table on the left allows customers to talk to staff on more serious matters like setting up new accounts, insurance policies or getting more information on new saving plans. There are also seats for customers to wait during busy hours.

20130414-10.jpg

Another angle. The call button of the lift is not on the wall but on a pedestal. This guy at the counter is taking out quite some money from his account!

20130414-11.jpg

There is nothing on the roof for security reasons. You know people can go to another building from one roof to another in the modular building series, right? It is too easy! So here, there is nothing but a roof with security wire beneath. There is a UPS (uninterrupted power supply) machine but again, it is well secured with alarm system linked to the police station. I guess the crooks cannot get into this bank that easy like in the set 3661!

20130414-12.jpg

Here is what it is like to be next to the Town Hall! :) Oh, the money transport truck has just arrived!

20130414-13.jpg

Hope you enjoy it! The bank starts running this Monday! Thanks!

Haha, those banksters are so cheap they contracted the snake people from ninjago to construct the building :laugh:

Haha, if you look carefully, that's not the Ninjago one. I transformed it and made it a city crane, with all the mechanisms that a real crane has. :)

This looks really good. I like all the trims on the front facade and the little water feature looks fantastic!

AWESOME work there 'niteangel', though a guard with a musket wouldn't be considered good security eh ? :laugh:

Brick On 'niteangel' ! :classic:

Fantastic! So many details, I can't see or comment them all in one viewing, I will just have to return, but a couple of use things and comments...

1. What do the BURPs represent?

2. Overall design and decorating/theming terrific.

3. Air conditioning unit on the roof is great.

4. I may have to "borrow" some of your fountain idea, so if you see it and I forget to credit it, remember I am crediting in advance.

I'll be back...

Thanks for sharing this,

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Thanks to you all! :D You guys really encourage me to do more ;)

1. What do the BURPs represent?

3. I may have to "borrow" some of your fountain idea, so if you see it and I forget to credit it, remember I am crediting in advance.

Andy D

Thanks Andy. Do you mean the BURPs on the dump truck? Since I only use half of the base plate, the other side is now just a construction site, without anything yet. A dump truck (working on this project, haha) just parked there with some rocks in it, so yeah...

And do you mean point 4? Sure! Feel free to use the idea! :D Thanks again!

This is just lovely! All of the gold and details a great! This build looks great next to the Town Hall. Also, great photo quality. :thumbup:

I like it---It reminds me of an old building in downtown that got refurbished when a new tenant had moved in.

This is great! Whats funny is I have been putting something together lately that has the exact same concept except looks completely different I have an elevator to the top floor of the bank with the vault being attended by someone at a desk and everything but as i said, it looks nothing like yours. Its pretty cool how we have the same concept yet the end result is completely different. I will try to take some pictures of it later and post it in another thread (dont want to encroach on this thread) so you can see what i mean. I must say I like yours better than my own though. The design of the elevator car is really cool and the color scheme is great! Looks wonderful next to the town hall.

Thanks thanks! :D Suddenly I think that this bank provides a lot of good plots for some superheroes clips / stories in this brick city XD haha!

For those who are curious, the empty piece of land next to this bank will have another building, a little restaurant!

Very nice! :thumbup: I love the colors and the use of gold. And all the interior details are fabulous :classic:

Very well-designed! You used rather a lot of pearl gold but all the pieces have their places. Good job making the front of the building interesting using those little steps and the fountain.

WOW, Such a beautiful and classy building, Love it.

BTW, Love the fact it looks like Lego and you didn't tile every tiny bit of it.

Edited by Ajax

Really nice bank you have created there niteangel. You've managed to create quite a lot going on in a 16 wide building over the 3 floors. Thanks for sharing with us.