Tyfighter77

Tyfighter77

My love of Lego started when I was three, living in hotel in Weisbaden in 1980. My older brothers had the old denim storage bag and several classic space sets. I was captivated by the transparent red and green 1x1s. My personal heyday was the late 80s and early 90s, collecting Castle (especially Forestmen) and the first wave of pirates. I've recently been recapturing those days by building the old sets in LDD. I still have every Lego I ever had that wasn't vaccumed up by Mom, including what's left of my older brother's space collection.

It's been really fun exploring this forum and realizing I'm not alone in my AFOLness. As long as you'll forgive me for saying Legos for the plural, I think I might have some fun here! So hi everybody!

Edited by Tyfighter77

Thanks Vincent and Leo!

I should have mentioned, although I've spent parts of my life in Germany, Jamaica, Russia and California, I currently live in Utah. Didn't want to throw anyone off with the Weisbaden reference. I wish I could speak German, but alas.

Mmm. Very nice. Forest men was my favorite. I have a fond memory of doing a cross country trip and not remembering about 8 hours of the usually long and painful drive because I was playing with my "new" Forest Men's Hideout in the back of our station wagon. (Yes back in with the suitcases, long before you were required to wear seatbelts.)

Edited by Rook

... I still have every Lego I ever had that wasn't vaccumed up by Mom...

I sadly had the same type of mom. Welcome to Eurobricks!

I sadly had the same type of mom. Welcome to Eurobricks!

Yeah, she didn't do it on purpose, but sometimes I was a little *ahem* slow to clean my room. I remember disecting vaccuum bags and sorting through the dust to find missing pieces.

@Rook

My parents used to have astro turf in the back of our station wagon. It was kind of uncomfortable going around turns, lemme tell ya.