Maxim I

Challenge VI- Not really an unexpected journey

Official Entry

(OOC)

Like I said, this will be based on 2 very famous movies, so it's up to you to guess what movie. One guess each so don't guess to quick :laugh:

First one who has one of them right has a digital cookie!!

First movie was quite simple: LOTR by Soccerkid

Second movie: ?

(Story)

Most important characters in this entry:

Lord Damaximus (LDM), Lord of Mpya Stedor & leader of the Alleenridders (Black helmet with Red, Black & Darkblue plume)

Lord Max Samu (LMS), Lord of Everlast, leader of the I.A.M.S. & Second in command of the Alleenridders (Black helmet with white plumes & Golden horn)

Sir Freh Poa (SFP), second in command of the I.A.M.S. (golden helmet with white plume)

2 Virgin Warriors, female bodyguards of Lord Damaximus (Golden helmet)

1 White Assassin, bodyguard of Lord Max Samu (the one who is completely white)

2 Ninja Assassins (Dolas & Ohsnel), trained in errrm killing people (the two sitting next to eachother, white (Dolas) and black mask (Ohsnel))

4 Black Ninja's (Mr. Oranje, Mr. Roos, Mr. Withaar & Mr. Wit)

Chapter I - The Fellowship of more than one thing

Part 1 - Blades vs. Helmets

Mpya Stedor Gatehouse Conference Room

Note: this is situated before Lord Max Samu left in response to the call of MacLean

8696086964_a19a29b275_c.jpg

8696086558_f4e00c3176_c.jpg

LDM: It's been long enough since Revolword terrorises Historica. Our resources are getting empty. We need to get rid of him so our tradecaravans can safely arrive at the other mayor cities! Lord Max Samu, it's up to you to discuss with your men the plan!

LMS: Thanks Dama, to the Black Ninja's and Ninja Assassins, as long as you are in this room, you are allowed to speak to the people inside this room. From the moment you walk outside the doors, the only people you speak to are me or your team mates!

The ninja's: yes mylord!!

LMS: Ok, the Black Ninja's are Team Helmet, the Ninja Assassins are Team Blade. You will do what you are trained for. To check if you understood this, Team Blade goes outside till I say you may re-enter!

Team Blade: Yes Mylord! (they leave)

LMS: Team Helmet, your task is to obtain that bloody helmet that can control the elementals. Your task is to bring it to Everlast, where it will be safe against other wannabe badboys. You are with 4 because you will have to work together in order to get in and to obtain it. Is there a question about that?

Mr. Withaar: May we kill Victor if we have the chance?

LMS: Nope, you may kill everyone on your way to the Helmet, but by killing Victor, you will draw to much attention. Without Helmet, Victor is as much valuable as a dead rat.

Mr. Oranje: What about the tons of guards protecting the Helmet?

LMS: That's my problem, not yours. Anymore questions?

Team Helmet: No Mylord!

LMS: Then leave and remember, the only ones you talk to are your partners!

Team Helmet: Yes Mylord! Hail Mighty Kaliphlin! Hail Glorious Mpya Stedor! We Die for the I.A.M.S.!

Well, the part of Team Blade is almost completely the same, so I won't do it too. Their task is simply to kill Victor Revolword.

8695996456_cf0e984197_c.jpg

After the I.A.M.S.-members left, only LDM and LSM are in the room, their bodyguards outside.

LDM: Why 4 in Team Blade?

LMS: Because at least 2 of them will die. I don't trust one of our newest members, so I hope to get rid of him without having provoking trouble in the I.A.M.S. . If I am wrong, nobody will ever know.

LDM: I see. Now it is up to us to do the most fun part. I am glad I finally can fight a good old fashioned battle again :laugh:

LMS: How many soldiers will you lead?

LDM: 75 mounted knights, 70 dismounted Alleenridders, and then around 200 other soldiers. The 3 years of Winter started in Atlarka, so King Donkon will arrive in a few days with 30 norsemen to help us. The other 200 soldiers will stay in Mpya Stedor to defend this city and our neighbours. Sir Tomvaximus will takeover control again :classic: Probably some other Lords and sirs will join our army on our way to Cedrica :classic:

LMS: You will do well my friend! I hope our paths cross eachother again very soon! Good luck Dama!

LDM: me too, good luck Max!

Part 2 : Embrace yourself: Winter is coming by boat!

A few days later, almost hundred proud Atlarkian Warships and Tradegalleys set anchor in the Ghuba-ya Biashara. 2 of them sailed towards the Bay of Great Mpya Stedor. Once arrivde there, small rowboats left them, heading toward the inner city of the glorious city. At the same time a group of small Mpya Stedori Tradevessels headed to the Atlarkian fleet, full of provision, weapons, slaves, ... to sell to them.

Once some of the small rowboats passed the 2 colossal Harbor Towers, a lot of citizens started cheering and yelling "Atlarka!". Not only because some of them have Atlarkian blood in them, but mostly because in these unsave times, every group of soldiers are welcome. And King Donkon II, he arrived with 30 brave berserkers. And their families as well.

The reason? The next years will be Winter again in Atlarka. And winters, they are really cold there. Whole cities are covered in snow. So the only option is that what they already do for centuries: raiding. Only the youngsters between 16 and 25 stay in Atlarka. Once they made it through the Winter, they can call theirselves real men and from that moment on, they are allowed to participate in the raids.

So a few weeks ago, hundreds of ships left the Guild of Atlarka, heading to every corner in the world. Plundering, raiding, raising, ... every small town or big city on their trip.

But as King Donkon II is a close friend of Lord Damaximus, he offered his aid to Historica. Not only those berserkers, but also the promise to not raid any village in Historica (except maybe some of the isles in the west of Avalonia :grin: )

Together with his help, Lord Damaximus is hopefully one step closer to get rid of that idiot wizzard.

8652071417_05fdd307a3_c.jpg

8652070499_e42d9be7bf_c.jpg

8652070157_ab6d0106ce_c.jpg

Part 3 : A march in April

Now that King Donkon II has arrived and the preparations were made, it was finally time to march to Cedrica.

The sun was good for the troops (not too hot) and the wind pushed them forwards. A lot of colourfull flags accompanied them, making it a joyfull sight. It would be a matter of weeks before they will reach Cedrica!

8652065997_bf234f50ae_c.jpg

8652065627_3e2d59f0b9_c.jpg

(the 45 mounted Alleenridders - note, right after this painting, Lord Max Samu disappeared to anwser the call of MacLean)

Every now and then, they passed a small village or some workers rebuilding something that was once a house before the elementals destroyed it. Lord Damaximus stopped everytime to talk with the people living at those place to give them hope about the future :classic:

8652068089_bae679dd87_c.jpg

8652067381_4dc7681674_c.jpg

Chapter II : The one and only tower

Note: the painter went gambling in Lost Vega, so no pictures from now on off at this moment :look:

Prologue: No Queens Crossing Queenscross

It was the 16th hour of the day when Lord Damaximus and his cavalry army arrived at Queenscross. On their way, they heard terrible stories about the situation so that's why he decided to lead his mounted knights to the battlefield. 60 colourfull Alleenridders and 32 heavy armored swordsmen and lancers. But against all odds, they saw only bad guys trying to save their life by fleeing. Well they stayed alive, but they were easily hunted down and taken prisoner. One of them was even one of their most feared generals, General Pastroo!! The chasing lasted until the rest of the army arrived at the ruined city. The campment doctors started running around, helping as much wounded soldiers as possible. In the meantime, Lord Damaximus went to the Forum where all the other leaders, generals and heroes where to congratulate them and to start chatting about the future actions.

A few days later, they continued their trip to Cedrica. A lot of soldiers from Queenscross joined the army of Lord Damaximus. He also heard from his I.A.M.S.-spies that he would not be the only one marching to Cedrica.

Part 1: Knock Knock - Who is there? - Justin - Justin Who? - Justin Army

Really early in the morning, a red sun peeping far away at the horizon, the soldiers finally saw the big tower of Cedrica rising up. But once they came closer and closer, they noticed the once so beautifull blue-grey stones were now as dark as the night that was just gone. Smoke came out of thousands of spots, but too big to be normal. The whole city was burning and demolished. The closer they came, the clearer it became that they didn't just burned down random houses, but they really made it impossible to reach the central tower. Clearing the paths will last days and Lord Damaximus and his army would have absolutely no defence against the elementals who were patrolling around.

Lord Damaximus cursed. He had to find a way to distract the army of Revolword very quickly. Luckily some messengers arrived, reporting that the other armies will start besieging the city in a few hours, when the sun was at his highest point. Lord Damaximus ordered to make the catapults and ballistas ready. He gave King Dragonius XXV of Drakrydar some orders so they could kill enemies with their dragons. Part one of the masterplan was almost finished!

Part 2: Ninja's Don't Need No Knock Knock's

Dark as the shadows, 4 Black Ninja's were silently hopping from dark spot to dark spot. One of them carrying a small sack. Only Mr. Oranje already visited the Tower of Cedrica, so thanks to his hints and to some plans, the other 3 found easily their way in the building without being caught yet. The higher they came the smaller the group as some were left behind to make sure the escape-plan would work. Mr. Oranje and Mr. Wit almost arrived at the place where Revolword was and the Elemental Helmet with him.

Part 3: Licence to Sneak

Dolas & Ohnsel, the 2 Ninja Assassins, looked at each other and nodded. Silently they left the colonne of marching Soldiers of the Hand and sneaked into another group. They had been doing this already since they killed 2 scouts and took their clothes outside the city this morning. With the disguise on, they could walk anywhere in the Tower of Cedrica without getting suspicious. But by group hopping, it was easier and more fun to reach the highest levels of the Tower. Only a few more to go before they would arrive at the place where Revolword was overviewing the ruined city of Cedrica.

Chapter III: The Return Of The Multiple Kings

Part 1: A Dance Of Blades

Dolas & Ohnsel were guarding a really useless door, but nobody really noticed it. From where they were standing, they could easily see the door leading to the room where Revolword was. They only needed a victim now... Minutes went by... Only a few minutes left till the big show would start...

And like he was sent out by the Gods, one of Revolwords captains just turned around the corner, completely alone. Dolas & Ohnsel silently walked to him and took him prison while putting a poisoned sword in his hands. With the necessary feeling for drama, they accused the poor captain for wanting to assassinate Revolword and dragged him accross the hallway to the guards guarding the door leading to Revolword.

Getting inside his room never was so easily as the two doorguards wanted to see how Victor would kill this "traitor". While everyones attention was drawn to the captain, Dolas quickly looked around and saw a quick shadow moving.

8698618452_267f49ba36_c.jpg

8698615518_d70595067b_c.jpg

8698612826_b7344e53df_c.jpg

The next thing happened in a few seconds during timeframe:

Dolas pushed the captain and Ohnsel came forward to act like he would give the poisoned sword to Revolword. The moment Revolword came too close, his head (with according white beard) was flying in the air. Meanwhile Dolas disarmed and killed the 2 doorguards before they even could say "huh?". The captain was to affraid to say something so before he even realised he had to warn the others, Dolas & Ohnsel disappeared.

The only thing the captain saw while realising what happened, was a black shadow moving quickly before it disappeared as well through the balcony.

Part 2: A Feast For Crows

"What the Nocturnus happened????? How the Nocturnus could they possibly find us??? Nobody knew about our route!"

Mr. Withaar was furious. They lost Mr. Paars on their way to the hide-out and some unknown archers hit Mr. Oranje.

Mr. Wit: "I don't know, but we have to stay calm and wait until Sir Fre Poah comes! And more important, we have to stay low because they are in the neighbourhood."

Mr. Withaar: "Someone of us informed our enemies! And where the Nocturnus is Mr. Paars or Sir Fre Poah!"

Mr. Wit: "Please calm down, let's occupy ourselves with Mr. Oranje, he is bleeding like an Avalonian..."

Mr. Oranje: "I am fine, I think. Where are you guys from?"

Mr. Wit: "Amenor"

Mr. Withaar: "Shut up Mr. Wit, we are not supposed to tell our secrets, even not against eachother!"

Mr. Wit: "Oh come on, he is almost dying!"

Mr. Oranje: "I've never been there. I am from Cedrica, that's why I am part of this group I think. How is Amenor?"

Mr. Wit (smiles): "Like Kaliphlin, but richer, stronger and even more beautifull. There is no Guild or land that can match Amenor. But the cities are only controlled by the noble families. Most other residents are slaves until they reached the age of 45. Then they are a free man. At that age, he is already father of at least 15 kids, but none of them he will ever see. Only the kids he makes after his freedom will be his own kids and those will be born as free man as well. It maybe sounds cruel, but that's how we are raised. In 5 years, I will be a free man as well" (smiles again) "I tell you this because I assume you are not a slave like the rest of us?"

Mr. Oranje: "No indeed. Our names, are they Amenori as well?"

Mr. Wit (laughs really hard): "In Amenor we speak a lot of languages, but not Amenori! Our names are colours in the old language of Eilandica. 'Oranje' means 'Orange', 'Paars means Purple', 'Withaar' means 'Blonde', 'Wit' means 'White', 'Blauw' means 'Blue' and so on...

Mr. Oranje: "So my name is Mr. Orange then?"

Mr. Wit: "yeah. But I gonna look for a small creek to find water for you. Gonna be right back"

Suddenly an enemy scout enters. Mr. Withaar quickly disarmed him and imprisoned him.

Mr. Withaar : "Who are you?"

Enemy : "..."

Mr. Withaar : "Ok, I am not in the mood for this. It looks you can't listen, so you don't need this" (cuts off the ear of the enemy and is heading for the other ear)

Enemy : (screams and shouts): "Aaaaah stop!! (cries) I am Avalonian, an A.A.G.!"

Mr. Withaar : "aha, so you can hear what I say! How many of you guys are there and how the Nocturnus did you guys found us?"

Enemy : "We're with 10. We have a rat among you guys"

Mr. Withaar : "who?" (takes his knife)

Mr. Paars comes in: "Daaaamn, that was one scary moment!"

Mr. Withaar : "Glad you are alive! What happened?"

Mr. Paars : "After I lost you guys, I tried to find another way to here, it's full of A.A.G.'s! Where is the Helmet?"

Mr. Withaa r: "Here it is, we better bury it somewhere..."

Mr. Paars: "I'll take care of that. Who the Nocturnus is that guy?"

Mr. Withaar: "An A.A.G. scout, I'll take care of that"

Mr. Paars leaves.

Mr. Withaar: "So you were about to tell us who the rat was???"

Out of nowhere, Mr. Oranje throws a knife, right into the heart of the A.A.G.-member. Mr. Withaar immediately realises that Mr. Oranje is the rat and draws his katana to slice the throat over of the rat.

Mr. Wit comes in: "Stop it Mr. Withaar!"

But Mr. Withaar didn't listened and came closer to Mr. Oranje. Mr. Wit, who really trusted Mr. Oranje saw no other way then throwing a knife in the back of Mr. Withaar, killing him.

Mr. Oranje: "Thanks for helping me! But I am affraid you killed one of the good guys"

After saying this, he took a small dagger and stabbed Mr. Wit. Without anyone noticing, Mr. Paars entered the room, watching the drama scene going on.

Mr. Wit: "Nooooo! Why?"

Mr. Oranje: "With this Helmet, the A.A.G. can take over every Guild in Historica! We can kill every single Nocturnian, burn every Mitgardian and enslave every Kaliphlinite! Avalonia will finally rule allover Historica again! My task was to infiltrate and let you guys do the work!"

Mr. Wit fainted. Mr. Paars clapped in his hands, went to Mr. Oranje and whispered in his ears

Mr. Paars "you Avalonian fool, you really thought we were only with 4 in here?"

The last thing Mr. Oranje saw before he died were 10 Ninja Assassins, 9 of them holding a head in their hands.

Sir Freh Poa: "Congratz Mr. Paars, you did your job! We get rid of a rat, a ninja who lost his mind and one who wasn't focused anymore. Time to burn this hide-out down..."

Mr. Paars: 'What will happen to the Helmet?"

Sir Freh Poa: "If the right person uses it, it can help restoring the villages and cities we like to be restored"

Mr. Paars: "And it will make our foes think twice"

Part 3 : A Game Of Thrones

Lord Damaximus looks around him. Cedrica is no more. The only buildings that were left before the siege were now nothing more than a few bricks on a pile.

They found the previous king dead in the cellars. But his son was alive. Long live the King of the ruins! Long live the King without home! Long live the Poor King! (sarcasm)

Some Lords are loudly announcing that they will not accept the new King. Lord Damaximus neither.

Historica is more divided than ever. War is almost a certitude. It is finally the chance for those puny hippies from the West to take up arms. Nobody can stop them as there is no powerfull ruler. Nocturnians can easily raid the Mitgardian cities as they won't get in trouble for doing that.

Lord Damaximus looks to King Dragonius of Drakrydar XXV and King Donkon II of Atlarka. If it is true what they say, Sultan Steh of Amenor and King Mattiximus of Ximus are also sailing to Mpya Stedor. So finally the time has come to unite those 4 Guilds into one powerfull militaristic Empire. The Empire of the 4 Free Guilds as the only power they give to the Emperor is the command over their troops. And that emperor will be Emperor Damaximus of the Imperial Capital of Mpya Stedor.

And maybe, Kaliphlin and Nocturnus will join very soon.

And if everything went as planned, the future Emperor Damaximus will have a small thing to convince Avalonia and Mitgardia to do the same...

------------------------------------------------- The End of the first Chapter of GoH ---- & The Beginning of Chapter II of GoH ---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading everything and commenting! :classic:

I really wished I had more time for some extra builds, but real life decided to keep me busy.

scored builds will be:

First build: Mpya Stedor Conference Room

Second build: Winter Is Coming By Boat

4th build: Viktor's Room

You want more pictures?

Check it out here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76053512@N04/sets/72157633250620943/

Edited by Damaximus

I really like it. Great use of parts and minifigs, excellent light, very dm like. Best however is your wall painting/carpet. I'm currently working on something similar but brick build! Anyway, great moc!

Nice interior that fits well into your Mpya Stedor building style! Do you have an easy technique to surface-mount the shields like that? The one I used on my last build (first time I tried to hide the "shaft") was relatively piece consuming.

Wow! Very cool interior! I like all the tiny details especially the hand drawn map! The furniture looks great too!

Very cool interior :thumbup: The many shields on the walls look great as does your map.

Oh, and I guess the movie is Lord of the Rings :classic:

Very cool interior :thumbup: The many shields on the walls look great as does your map.

Oh, and I guess the movie is Lord of the Rings :classic:

Hmmm, basically seen, I have to count that right, because the titles and the global story are indeed a parody of LOTR

So I edited the intro, I am looking for another famous movie as well. But probably, you will have to wait for the next parts :laugh:

I have planned on having my story for Chal. VI connect with yours, so if you want to mention seeing my characters, go ahead. I say 'mention' because most of my characters are made from uncommon or custom parts, as well as some hard-to-find/unique weapons.

My commenting about Qarkyr in the Kaliphlin thread was to have my characters avoid the city and stumble on Uurd Huurg and his quest to find the Hammer of Onng'Ng. It is a weapon that may be able to distroy the helmet controling the elementals, and possibly release the questing heroes inside.

My story would have the brother of Victor get away with an ancient golem in Kaliphlin armor, from the time that the Kaliphlin seat of power was at Cedrica. (So we can have some other storylines.)

My plan was: your guys kill Victor, but the helmet ends up on the street near his body, and Uurd Huurg distroys it. Now, seeing as you plan to sieze the helmet, maybe Uurd Huurg just distroys some small elementals with it, and then leaves with DaMaximus' forces to see if he can be of some assistance undoing it's magic.

I really hope to see the characters from Battle at the Ruins of Mehd (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=79546) though.

They will be mentionned :classic:

It is the task of Team Helmet to bring the helmet to Everlast in one piece :tongue: But thanks for mentionning the "releasing the questing heroes", I forgot that part :laugh:

So Uurd Huurg will probably cross my storyline and can crush the helmet as much as he wants in Everlast (together with some rituals and so on) :classic: But the crushing of the helmet will be a freebuild after Chall VI ended :classic:

About the Squire, as he is one of the Wall Guards, he will have to stay inside Mpya Stedor, so I fear he won't show up yet :classic: (Simply because I already made my army of Imperial Guards for Brickmania Wetteren in 3 weeks)

My story is supposed to be anticlimactic, as the heroes get there too late. So Uurd Huurg not getting to do the deed then and there is just fine. It will add to his frustration, and ultimate vehemence later (possible corruption by the hammer). I figured Rikhard 'Redbird' Greisun would be tending to the home guard. Wahl and Lohp are who I really want to see. If you need help portraying them, they have Indiana Jones heads.

My story is supposed to be anticlimactic, as the heroes get there too late. So Uurd Huurg not getting to do the deed then and there is just fine. It will add to his frustration, and ultimate vehemence later (possible corruption by the hammer). I figured Rikhard 'Redbird' Greisun would be tending to the home guard. Wahl and Lohp are who I really want to see. If you need help portraying them, they have Indiana Jones heads.

I only have one silver dwarven helmet, so it will be only Lohp who will be portrayed in the next MOC (which will be uploaded tomorrow) :classic:

Great stuff! Exellent base and I really like those massive chairs, they fit well in the room. Also nice tutorial of putting shields in the wall!

Thx!!

Honestly, if I knew so many people were waiting for that, I would have done the tutorial last year *huh*

2 new parts and 2 new MoC's added!!

Edited by Damaximus

Brilliant my friend, The colors are great, I always think of your army as a traditional middle-ages army with many different nobles and colors. The builds are very good, and you have improved ten-fold since your first posts on GoH. It is always good to see new stories and builds from you. Can't wait until the finish.

Love the crowd scene. Do I guess, Game of Thrones?

:classic:

Brilliant my friend, The colors are great, I always think of your army as a traditional middle-ages army with many different nobles and colors. The builds are very good, and you have improved ten-fold since your first posts on GoH. It is always good to see new stories and builds from you. Can't wait until the finish.

Thanks to the system of vassals and cities (who had their own emblems and colours). So in times of war, all those vassals together gave a very colourfull bunch of soldiers :classic:

That's somewhat the effect I always wanted to have. When I was a kid, I already collected/created as many different knights as possible and always played with heroes in stories similar to those of King Arthur and The Round Table tales :classic: So when I joined Historica, I had the problem that I never had one big army with the same colours. That's why I had to create the story about the Alleenridders, knights and heroes far far away from their homes, but still representing their homes in their shields and flags :classic:

One of the most epic medieval movie scenes in my opinion is the last scene of "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" where hundreds of knights and soldiers are standing next to eachother, everyone with another emblem or colourcombination :laugh:

Love the crowd scene. Do I guess, Game of Thrones?

:classic:

Haha no :laugh: I know the titles bring confusion :classic:

But normally when Chapter II is finished, you will know it. A tip: the movie is situated in the 20th century :classic:

These other builds are great as well! I love the title: Winter is coming by boat. Very clever! :laugh:

I like the dark red and white colorscheme on the house and the dock looks great :thumbup:

Excellent rockwork on the third scene as well :classic:

You have one bigass cavalry army :drool: I sort of want it!!

It's only a part :p i had not enough flags for the others :p

Right now I got 60 Mounted Alleenridders and 40 other mounted knights :)

I thought I had replied to this... Anyway nice entry and I really like the meeting room with the shields and giant table! :thumbup:

I thought I had replied to this... Anyway nice entry and I really like the meeting room with the shields and giant table! :thumbup:

Thanks, I edited those pictures:

check it out here (click on the picture):

8696086964_a19a29b275_c.jpg

Great idea with the map! I have also something like that in the tube. Just have to take some photos of it first! =) Your story is great and that large room with all the importanat minifigs are really nice!

I do feel that you could have built a baseplate for your army. Looks weird that they march on a table..?

Why do your sigfig always have the helmet on? Even inside, in an important meeting he is sitting with his heavy helmet on and the visor down..?

Other than those little nitpicks, great entry DM!