Sign in to follow this  
CopMike

The Golden One - C-3PO

yeah.. right that is is racism in front of europe!

But i think i will see a Golden C3PO maybe in ebay??!? Hope...

Aayla

yer for like

very right...... thats big racism!

100 P. That wont shock me its gold...

but i dont need something like this..

i will paint my C3 with gold :-P

No, this is about the chrome gold 3PO, 10000 of those. Now as for the real gold figs? (well, gold plated), there will only be five, can you imagine how high the price for those would be on Ebay? I'm betting closer to $1000US

It's kind of a good/bad thing going on here. And it's not good to go directly to point at TLC. Maybe there were cost reasons. Something like that? Think of that?

I'm sorry for the rest od the World, but don't be bashing TLC. They do bring us what we are today ;-) .

A petiton would be a good idea, one I'd sign for :-) .

Yep. Good for the USA, bad for Europe. *wacko*

A reason of costs?? Maybe. It depends on where those golden boys are gonna be produced....

Sending them from Europe to America wouldn

Look, I'm sorry for what I said. Look at this. There are some sets available to Europe first. Some sets exclusive to Europe.

Here are some examples according to a U.S.-U.K. S@H comparison:

U.S.=No Sandcrawler

U.k.=There is a Sand Crawler

U.k.= Vikings is still up

U.S.=No Vikings

I know that I would feel bad that I wouldn't be getting Gold C-3PO.

And DON'T BE CALLING ME a (Said word was removed) because I'm far from one. I don't even like saying those awful words.

Once again, I'm sorry I brought it up.

Well, well, what a surprise, 10000 pieces of US only minifigs. Thanks a lot TLC. You did it again. >:-(

And the 10000 won't all survive, some will be found by little kids and get playwear, scratching, etc. consider those gone. And there is a whole bunch of MISB collectors out there who store away boxes and keep them closed. I reckon a few will be in there as well, so we are lucky if a considerable amount is being found by AFOLs. :-/

I do not know the exact nature of all new SW sets to be introduced this year (and if the pearl gold C-3PO will appear as a minifig in one of those) but I think the piece will also be randomly included as an extra item with sets that do not have a C-3PO being an inventoried part of the set, correct? 8-|

People are so quick to throw around the term "racism". This isn't racism, it's favoritism towards a larger market. Is it fair? Absolutely not!

I guess they figure that the US is more Star Wars oriented, as it is a US franchise, similar to how SB is being handled (I'm surprised there isn't as much outrage as that).

And DON'T BE CALLING ME a racist because I'm far from one. I don't even like saying those awful words.

Once again, I'm sorry I brought it up.

Of course not! *sad*

And you don

Okay, seriously, I think people are over-reacting here. Lego's a hobby. It's a shiny version of a figure most people have. It's annoying that it's only in the US, but not worth all this kerfuffle. You all bring racism into it - people, it is a TOY. Lego is a TOY. Seriously. No wonder other people think collectors of toys are sad-acts, cuz this is how they react when they can't get a slightly different version of a common figure. It's incredibly unlikely that you'd get one anyways, and end up buying multiples of sets for no reason at all.

Just calm down, and get over it. Paint your damn figure shiney if you're that desperate! Just stop calling it racist. It's a freaking toy. Get over it....

Just a quick reality check... ;-)

yeah.. right that is is racism in front of europe!

But i think i will see a Golden C3PO maybe in ebay??!? Hope...

Aayla

Oh, I forgot about this.... :-$

Dear aayla-secura, I am, like you, very upset and ashamed with that issue, but please choose

your words a bit more carefully if you can.... :-)

Racism is a very serious matter and should not be thrown in that much easily, please.

It

Racism is not the correct Term, as it is not based on race; both regions consist of many races which overlap.

maybe 'Nationalism' is more accurate? since its based on country and location, not skin color?

At any rate, I buy legos for the bricks not the licensing.

I consider all those SW specific minifigs to be a waste of my brick space; this fancy gold plated one even moreso since he's not even made of plastic and you can't take him apart to make into non-SW characters!

So, to put this annoying situation into Perspective, ask yourself: Are you a Lego fan or a SW fan first and foremost? And if its more about SW for you, to the point that you'd get worked up about this kinda silly promo; why aren't you out collecting Hasbro action figures instead?

Keep bricks simple and happy.

Well it is obvious that bickering leads to inaccurate comments and misused terms.

Like SW4J stated, this is not racist, as it has nothing to do with the color of one's skin. Please use proper terminology before posting.

Personally I do not care whether I get one or not. I have at least one regular version and I am happy with that. Besides your odds of getting one are extremely low and you are not going to go and purchase every set multiple times just to attain one, so why then all the fuss.

I would like to point out that there are a lot of young people on EB who do not have jobs or the money and have to beg thier parents to buy them stuff. You are the ones causing the rift in all of this, because no matter where they(C3) would end up, you still would not be able to get one, yet you would still complain that TLC is treating you unfairly.

Now for the reasons that this is occuring, if it even is true.

1)TLC may not be doing so well in Europe as in the States, so they chose to run this kind of promotion here.

2)Being that Star Wars is an American IP, one can see why this is only going to be a promotion in the States.

3)Remember TLC is using a license, there may be clauses in the contract that stipulate the destinations of such promotions and therefore giving the license holder(Lucas) control over what happens to gimmics and promotions such as this one.

4)Finally, TLC may have an entirely different promotion happening in the future for the EU, but they do not have the resources to do it all at once. Dig.

Remember this is a chase figure, they want you to purchase sets like crazy so they can make thier shareholders happy. Because at the end of the day it is all about business.

Otherwise have fun with what you got and do not dwell on it so much. Cheers!

DB

I just wonder how hard it could be to make a smaller set where C3PO is included

and have it as a limited edition.

Then everyone gets an honest way of having him.

Every fan would seriously love to have a chrome-gold 3PO!

LISTEN TO THAT LEGO!!

-Ras-

Well it is obvious that bickering leads to inaccurate comments and misused terms.

Like SW4J stated, this is not racist, as it has nothing to do with the color of one's skin. Please use proper terminology before posting.

I would have to dissagree, the term race is used to discribe a group of people with things in common, wether it be skin colour, nationality, or any other characteristic. So in all fairness this could be perceived as "racist" against europeans although i wouldnt use that term myself, its just different markets and different marketing is used.

Some of you take this collecting thing way too seriously. You're becoming like "Trekies" with Lego SW. It's just a single figure. I'm in the US, but I couldn't care less if Europe or any other continent or country was the only market to get it.

Words of Wisdom: I was a big SW collector years ago. I raced out at all hours of the day/night to be the first to stores so that I might be able to get my hands on exclusive/limited pieces. Guess where all of this is now? It sits on shelves or in boxes in the garage collecting dust. What's worse is to see grown adults racing out to take these items out of the hands of kids so that they might add it to their collection. I still have a few friends that do this. Open it, play with it, and have fun with it - and don't worry about it if you can't buy one. There's an indefinate supply of all sorts of things to collect, and there will always be much more.

One of the many reasons I always liked Lego, is that I didn't need to race out and buy that particular set. Lego made enough for anyone that wanted it, and it wasn't priceless like other collectibles. Keep it fun, and don't place too much emphasis on any single fig/set.

TheBrickster wrote:

One of the many reasons I always liked Lego, is that I didn't need to race out and buy that particular set. Lego made enough for anyone that wanted it, and it wasn't priceless like other collectibles. Keep it fun, and don't place too much emphasis on any single fig/set.
That's what I started this tread for - that LEGO hasn't been like Hasbro etc in making superspecial limited ...... stuff!

But that kind of changed now :-( , at least that's my opinion.

I understand your reasoning about keeping it simply/joyful and I agree BUT C-3PO will look like in the movies and that makes him even more playable to me *sweet*!

babyjawa - I totally agree with you, drop the rascism talk >:-( .

Play On

copmike

Have you included the sets which will be available via shop@home in your thoughts?

They will include some golden C3-POs as well...... :-(

Have you included the sets which will be available via shop@home in your thoughts?

They will include some golden C3-POs as well...... :-(

I would guess yes to that but only in the USA if the reports are true.

Some of you take this collecting thing way too seriously. You're becoming like "Trekies" with Lego SW. It's just a single figure... Keep it fun, and don't place too much emphasis on any single fig/set.

For the love of god, IT'S ONLY A MINIFIG! If I were a European, I would stop whining and just Bricklink or eBay it.

For the love of god, IT'S ONLY A MINIFIG! If I were a European, I would stop whining and just Bricklink or eBay it.

Thanks for that it really helps :-| Gezzzz........ Look it may be only a fig to you but to many of us it represents alot more, its unfair that lego has kept this offer to just one side of the world and that is why people are so upset.

As for ebay or bricklink do you have any idea what that would cost!!!