On 3/28/2017 at 1:46 PM, Jon61 said:

Well I know that other have worked out how to build the larger cube, and that the instructions have already been done somewhere, but as I couldn't find them from the links quoted above I thought I'd have a go at them myself. I also didn't have enough 'dogbones' to build it for real without disassembling 2 of my 3 Technic sets, so it was also a useful 3D 'thought experiment' for my brain (assisted by MLCad, which I've only just started using, so this was good practice on that too).

Great work!  For a further challenge, try making legal instructions for this one:

impossible.jpg

On 4/8/2017 at 2:12 AM, aeh5040 said:

Great work!  For a further challenge, try making legal instructions for this one:

impossible.jpg

I like a challenge!

I've not tried this with real pieces, so I hope I've got this correct. I think this method is possible; it took me a while to work it out in my head. Perhaps someone with 6 unused 5x7 frames can test these instructions and let me know whether they work :sweet:

Cube-complete v4_zpsfiqqyt96

Edited by Jon61
better picture PS and now hosted on Flickr not Photobucket

11 hours ago, Jon61 said:

I like a challenge!

I've not tried this with real pieces, so I hope I've got this correct. I think this method is possible; it took me a while to work it out in my head. Perhaps someone with 6 unused 5x7 frames can test these instructions and let me know whether they work :sweet:

That's correct!  Nicely done.

On 4/7/2017 at 9:10 PM, masterX244 said:

another one involving a O-Frame and a gear

*insert picture here*

lower part of the L-piece contains a red 2 long axle

You should be able to push those 2l axles out with a long axle from the other side

2 hours ago, Technic Jim said:

You should be able to push those 2l axles out with a long axle from the other side

nope, had to use thin tweezers since the back of the gear was blocked by the O-frame (upwards facing pinhole, otherwise the dirty beam-ery wouldnt have been needed) didnt notice it while building but when noticing i used wrong axle i had a "dangit!" moment. and the beams itself were clipped to the O-Frame with blue pins

Okay.... so i am using the Porsche rims for a new project, and the rounded tiles with "RS" printed on them are nearly impossible to get off. 

15020657431_SPLASH.jpg

The stud is embedded in the rim and nearly impossible to get access to the time.  Given, I don't have any fingernails, but I could not do it without a tool 

17 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Okay.... so i am using the Porsche rims for a new project, and the rounded tiles with "RS" printed on them are nearly impossible to get off. 

15020657431_SPLASH.jpg

The stud is embedded in the rim and nearly impossible to get access to the time.  Given, I don't have any fingernails, but I could not do it without a tool 

Couldn't you just remove the wheel and poke an axle through the other side?

@nerdsforprez use this one. I always have one in my desk when i am building. If you put it in on the backside of the rim, it pops out easy.. or a little plastic hobby tweezer will also do the job..

800x266.jpg

Edited by JDL1967

Thxs.....but I got it separated....I just needed a tool to do it. 

I am a long term user of tools for lego.  Created a topic here:

And a little video of one of my favorite tools here (That I have not posted yet.)

My other favorite  tool is my surgical calipers (pictured and discussed  in thread above)

Just found out that 42070-B is lacking in another, more unexpexting way. The construction as built in steps 106-107 is impossible to undo by normal means. Don't know if there are more official models which are impossible to break down, at least I haven't seen this before. Another good reason to reconsider building it... https://flic.kr/p/XZa44A

https://flic.kr/p/YnHKxX

(hope I got the pics right, I'm quite a noob with flickr)

1 hour ago, rener said:

Just found out that 42070-B is lacking in another, more unexpexting way. The construction as built in steps 106-107 is impossible to undo by normal means. Don't know if there are more official models which are impossible to break down, at least I haven't seen this before. Another good reason to reconsider building it... https://flic.kr/p/XZa44A

Take a metal rod that's small enough to go trough that white axle piece and push the lego axle out of there. I use a toothpick. (Toothpicks are for single use only because they break.)

I find that there's enough slack in the pieces in such assemblies to gradually get the axle far enough out to get my nails or a knife blade under the stop edge to pull it out.

As long as it's an axle with stop, that is.

5 hours ago, Mechbuilds said:

Take a metal rod that's small enough to go trough that white axle piece and push the lego axle out of there

That is a very smart fix.

Do you mind if I share this on my YouTube channel? Many people would want to know :)

Those white axle pieces are solid in the middle, so pushing from the other side won't work. But, WTF, shouldn't the design department have caught that? I'd get it out by bending the white connector down far enough to pull it past the frame.

6 hours ago, MattL600 said:

That is a very smart fix.

Do you mind if I share this on my YouTube channel? Many people would want to know :)

Go ahead, you can credit my youtube channel "Ford M garage"

7 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Those white axle pieces are solid in the middle, so pushing from the other side won't work. But, WTF, shouldn't the design department have caught that? I'd get it out by bending the white connector down far enough to pull it past the frame.

My main point, in fact. I got it out myself with help from a potato knife with very thin blade, which hooks behind the stop of the 4L axle with stop. But the construction shouldn't have been in the instructions in the first place.

15 hours ago, rener said:

Wow, 42070 is REAL bad model. I never seen that type assembling in offical model.

Hey AFOLS! During building something I suddenly understood that it could not be disassembled. And the question appears not how to be but what part to broke:

1920x1440.jpg

Think what you personally would do in my situation and then see the spoiler what I decided to do:

Spoiler

With the help of knife I cut one blue pin, then remove the axle and that's it.

1920x1440.jpg

Hope this would be useful

Edited by Aleh

I think that with a bit of stress you could rotate the axle-pin connectors on the blue pin, usually LEGO makes those kind of builds but with the 3L ones, not the 2L ones, but I think it could be done.

Good luck extracting the 5L axles

With tip of this, You could get that axle out. That's (maybe) there are those holes on the sides also on those axle-pin connectors.

ilens.jpg

43 minutes ago, Wolfolo said:

I think that with a bit of stress you could rotate the axle-pin connectors on the blue pin,

I've tried - no way, it would definitely broke in my case because they are already "tired" from bending. 

15 minutes ago, Jurss said:

With tip of this, You could get that axle out. That's (maybe) there are those holes on the sides also on those axle-pin connectors.

i should buy this item definitely :)