4 hours ago, come2me said:

Even with a 16 or 32 stud length axle ?

Where do you plan to put this axle? Did you see a connector in the center? :)

I always get a mini heart attack when (even in the instructions) I have to push an axle on a blind hole all the way. In my mocs I took the habit to use the 4-5-8L with stop and a red bush to indicate they are sub-model connection points which could be separated easily to store the moc in a box or to separate a section to reach gearboxes or possible weak points. (I know I shouldn't leave weak points)

Definetley dont push a 1x1 round tile in each end of a 3L clutch ring. I had to bend some tweezers to curl round the insides through the slot in the center  of the clutch ring, in order to push one of the tiles out.

14 hours ago, Aleh said:

Where do you plan to put this axle? Did you see a connector in the center? :)

I am sorry i did not see it effectively...

On 12/30/2019 at 6:49 AM, Aleh said:

Hey AFOLS! During building something I suddenly understood that it could not be disassembled. And the question appears not how to be but what part to broke:

Think what you personally would do in my situation and then see the spoiler what I decided to do:

On 12/30/2019 at 9:03 AM, Wolfolo said:

I think that with a bit of stress you could rotate the axle-pin connectors on the blue pin, usually LEGO makes those kind of builds but with the 3L ones, not the 2L ones, but I think it could be done.

Good luck extracting the 5L axles

On 12/30/2019 at 9:33 AM, Jurss said:

With tip of this, You could get that axle out. That's (maybe) there are those holes on the sides also on those axle-pin connectors.

On 12/30/2019 at 9:52 AM, come2me said:

Even with a 16 or 32 stud length axle ?

I posted way back in this thread a solution: 

To be honest, to use screw is a very good idea! I'll investigate this one day)

I had put a normal 4L axle in a 5x7 frame because I already used my few 4L w/stop I had. So drilled and screw and out.

22 minutes ago, Gimmick said:

Hmm what am I missing? The axles can be removed, they are still one stud out.

I think he means this but using 2L axles, which can still be removed using tweezers anyhow, you use tweezers much in the same way that you would tention a lock if lockpicking except the tweezeers also levers the axle out.

Or push it out again using tweezers sicne you can see the axle hole a bit next to the yellow connector.

Edited by SNIPE

Got 'em out by using a tweezer and sneaking in behind the axles to shove them out. Ridiculous. At least with the turntable in 42049, you could use the exhaust pipe part to dislodge the pins... :ugh:

Here is some old-school impossibility from the 80s.

Yes, it looks exactly the same from the other side.

Here it's not only impossible to take it apart.  It's also impossible to assemble in the first place.

20200310_145935-1.jpg

1 hour ago, Alfe Berlin said:

Here is some old-school impossibility from the 80s.

20200310_145935-1.jpg

Not being at home to test this with my limited studful pieces is the key to this one perhaps that the 4x1 bricks and 6x1 bricks act as a parallelogram allowing you to pop the 6x1 off the plates one stud at a time?

That'd move the 6x1's closer together, not further apart.

I'd bet at one of the 4x1's actually being 2 2x1's.

52 minutes ago, pleegwat said:

That'd move the 6x1's closer together, not further apart.

I'd bet at one of the 4x1's actually being 2 2x1's.

I’d rather assume there are no pins in the lower back...;)

Edited by rener

29 minutes ago, rener said:

I’d rather assume there are no pins in the lower back...;)

He did state it looks the same from the other side.

It's also possible the pins are not full pins, but half pins. In that case the 6x1 beams would barely be kept in place and easily pulled out.

EDIT: Yup, that can definitely be assembled. And is tricky to pull apart, because the stud side has a better friction lock than the pin side.

Edited by pleegwat

21 minutes ago, pleegwat said:

He did state it looks the same from the other side.

It's also possible the pins are not full pins, but half pins. In that case the 6x1 beams would barely be kept in place and easily pulled out.

EDIT: Yup, that can definitely be assembled. And is tricky to pull apart, because the stud side has a better friction lock than the pin side.

Aha, I didn’t read too well...

Nice to see you tried and tested it yourself!

So not Technic, but does fall under the impossible situations.  Happened accidently, as the bricks where muddled in a box and general sorting obviously forced them together like this ;-)

It's a one way situation....

img_4130.jpg

8 hours ago, paul_delahaye said:

So not Technic, but does fall under the impossible situations.  Happened accidently, as the bricks where muddled in a box and general sorting obviously forced them together like this ;-)

It's a one way situation....

img_4130.jpg

Isn't possible to disassemble the steering wheel parts? 

Also steering wheel can be bended, and then pushed out. Maybe it will not evene brake.

I have pulled a steering wheel off one of these once, it didnt break it. surley if it got pushed in by accident in the parts bin it can get pulled back out

stm3-02.jpg

You can put a 24t gear inside one of these, but only if you do so before you clip it together...

Edited by amorti