See those little grooves at the end of the 2L axles? You can hook those with your fingernails and pull them out that way.

See those little grooves at the end of the 2L axles? You can hook those with your fingernails and pull them out that way.

The axle are not pushed inside all they way on this picture. Once pushed in piratically impossible to get out by hand. I Also like the fact that your only using your hands here.

This guy made renderings of his. Easier to take apart, but still get the point across.

Thanks!

I would think this is why Lego generally avoids making too many fixed frames for Technic, because any piece which has fixed holes at least two studs apart can be "broken" with methods like these.

Those are easy to get apart, just need a pick is all, go between the ridges on the axles and pop it out. Yeah I guess for the purest that's cheating, but I tend to do things my own way and don"t follow others in there quest to be perfectionist.

Dan

Now what if this happens?

r100_3231.jpg

I would pull one of them out 1 stud, and then simply bend it a bit, then pulling it out

I would pull one of them out 1 stud, and then simply bend it a bit, then pulling it out

Could you be able to put a 2L axle in the center?

Maybe, maybe not, LOL. Try this one, take a 5x7 frame with a lift arm on either side slip one of those 3l hole in the center things in the box then insert a 4l stop axle on both sides to hold it in place, lol. fun thing to get back apart.

Dan

Could you be able to put a 2L axle in the center?

Why would you even do that? :tongue:

But if you want a 2L axle in there, this is the way to go:

1. First insert one of the pins

2. Then insert the 2L axle

3. Insert (or rather; squeeze) the last pin in.

TADAAAAH!

If you want to insert a 2L pin AFTER both of the pins are in place, you have to pull one of the pins out 1L, then bending it to steer clear of the other pin, then insert the axle and push the whole thing back inside.

I don't think there's an impossible to take apart connection with official lego parts, they probably take this into account when designing new bricks.

I once out 2 3L hole and axle connector with 2L axels, it turned out really made, but i used tweezers to get them ut with only a few small chips on them, never going to do that again :tongue:

Sometimes, the most difficult parts to disconnect, is two PF wires connected together. These can be a real pain

Why would you even do that? :tongue:

Because I like to build stuff.

Sometimes, the most difficult parts to disconnect, is two PF wires connected together. These can be a real pain

I agree with this 100%. I use my mutitool to get them apart among other things.

I don't think there's an impossible to take apart connection with official lego parts, they probably take this into account when designing new bricks.

Think outside the box on this. I think that it is possible to make a impossible to take apart connection with LEGO and Only LEGO... no super glue... Just LEGO. There are locks that will lock ,after you have enter the wrong code, once and they will never unlock again.

Maybe, maybe not, LOL. Try this one, take a 5x7 frame with a lift arm on either side slip one of those 3l hole in the center things in the box then insert a 4l stop axle on both sides to hold it in place, lol. fun thing to get back apart.

Dan

That sounds great. Can you show a picture of it. LDD would be great.

Edited by Boxerlego

The examples shown above are impossible to take apart by hand, and only official Lego parts were used in them. As stated before, any frame with fixed holes at least two studs apart can be abused with axle connectors and axles, and even if the frames wouldn't exist, one can still create impossible situations using 2l axles to "lock" the build in place.

Here is a nice moc I made in LDD - maybe a birthday present idea for a Lego enthusiast?

impossible_lego.jpg