Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

MOC: 3 trucks of Lego Town

Time has now come for me to put some vehicles in what is threatening to become a full layout :tongue:

After milling around these forums for a while and gathering inspiration, I have ventured to start my own projects. :blush:

Some of you (forgive me, I am horrible with names....) have been upgrading classic Lego vehicles, and I couldn't help but to want to try it myself. Specifically the tv-van, one of my all-time favourite sets, caught my attention, so that is where I started.

TV-van

Here is my take on a 6 wide version. I struggled a bit with fitting two minifig's next to eachother and fitting in seats, but I think I managed allright. It's gotten a bit boxy, and seems quite short, but I find that I quite like that.

From the front right:

img_1959.jpg

Rear left:

img_1960.jpg

Obviously the antenna folds out.

img_1962.jpg

And the van easily holds a camera and film rolls. :sweet:

img_1963.jpg

Containercarrier:

(Or whatever it is called... :tongue: )

Luckily, my brother visited me and got the same idea, only with a different set. (I am working on bringing him out of his dark ages, and I am starting to succeed :devil: )

Here is what he came up with.

img_1965.jpg

It wasn't easy to make the loader work with a longer container, but he managed very well, I must say.

img_1967.jpg

We both agree that it is a bit too red in red, but for a first build in a long time, I think he did very well! :thumbup:

Semi:

And here the third and last one. A semi to pull the trailers of Lego Town.

Again, it seats two minifigs, and I find it turned out quite well. :classic:

And I found a place to use my chrome parts! :grin:

img_1968.jpg

It's always a bit of a struggle for me to fit the wheels in without the arches I see many use. (And have very few of...) But for a semi, this solution works fine for me.

img_1969.jpg

And lastly a picture of them all together!

img_1964.jpg

Hope you like it! Comments and suggestions are welcome :classic:

Bregir out

Nice set of truck Bregir! I've been thinking about building a 6W T.V. van, as well. I have the classic set, love it, don't want to take it apart, so I bought a couple extra decorated panels a good while ago. This really makes me want to give it a whirl :classic:

Nice set of truck Bregir! I've been thinking about building a 6W T.V. van, as well. I have the classic set, love it, don't want to take it apart, so I bought a couple extra decorated panels a good while ago. This really makes me want to give it a whirl :classic:

It's nice to be able to pass on the inspiration as it was passed on to me :sweet:

I am really looking forward to seeing your version!

It looks like old lego sets! Brilliant! Great job!

Thank you, MatiPasio :)

The TV van is superb! The other two could be a bit better IMHO but the TV van is very recognizable and very well built. I like it a lot!

Wow these are great! I think the blue tv van is my favorite. You should definitely make more because I really like the old style that you captured with these models. :sweet:

Great trucks! I love the use of classic pieces on these, they look like old school Town but in modern 6-wide size.

Not bad at all 'Bregir', the red skip loader is my favourite of the three......Brick On Truck On ! :grin:

My brother will be happy to hear! :sweet:

I, however, my now declare you my eternal enemy for prefering my brother's creation above mine!! :wink:

Thanks for all the replies :classic:

I never thought about the classic brick and classic look :laugh:

But as it happens, most of my bricks are old, hence the rustique look! :grin:

I am glad you like our creations - And even more happy to hear all of them have their fans!

Brick on

Bregir