Sign in to follow this  
Sleeper

CF9 Crossfire starfighter

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello, ladies and gentleman out there.

Here is my newest creation. It's the "CF9 Crossfire starfighter" from the legacy era of the expanded universe. It is produced by Incom Corporation and used by the Galactic Alliance and the Galactic Alliance Remnant around 130 ABY. So, it's the same time-period as on my "X-83 Twintail starfighter".

As Wookieepedia says: "A relatively short-but-bulky fighter, the Crossfire had a shorter length than previous Incom designed fighters (...). The back S-foil could rotate, folding away for landing and dropping down for combat to form a cross-shaped configuration (...). the cockpit module was big enough for two beings, with a second seat facing the modules rearward for an optional gunner, who would control the rear-mounted laser cannons, in a configuration similar to the Snowspeeders the Rebel Alliance used on Hoth. (...)."

This creation has rotable s-foils, which can be locked in the right positions, a rear mounted duallaser cannon, landinggear and enough space for 2 minifigs. A pilot, and a gunner.

cf901.jpg

cf903.jpg

cf902.jpg

If you like this creation, you mybe like the one or the other of my Cuusoo-projects... :wink: So, take a look and support, if you want.. :classic: This one will be online soon.. ^^

Best regards

$leeper

Now that is really, REALLY cool! I'm not quite sure if this vehicle is supposed to be tan or white, but the overall design is really spot-on!

You state that the wings can be 'locked' into vertical position; what kind of technique did you use for this 'locking' ?

Thanks for your comment.. :)

It's a very simple technique. Can't explain it, so i have made a step by step instruction. ;)

rotatec.jpg

best regards

$leeper

Wow, such a simple locking design yet so very effective! That ship, while looking weird and totally Retro Star Wars, is an impressive and accurate representation of it! :thumbup:

Awesome work :thumbup: :thumbup: I really like your LEGo version of this Legacy starfighter :wink:

sleeper, have you ever thought about opening a Flickr account for your MOCs? I saw your Mocpages isn't in use anymore and imageshack isn't easy in use...

also, do you have building instructions available for these? I'd really like to make one in due time...

Edited by HJR