Electricsteam

MOC: Es. Co. Steam-Mono-Tram

gallery_8966_235_3881.png

This is the Es. Co. Steam-Mono-Tram-Thing...

This is highly based of of the Lisbon Tramway. (picture needed)

It uses the 2 stablizer wheels to keep balanced on the monorail track.

This locomotives runs he oddest wheel arrangement of 1-2-1.

w3rxcn6.jpg

TGM0fvb.jpg

PSNC5Xs.jpg

5JUBtY9.jpg

Here is the view of the unusual way it stays on the Mono-Tram-Rail-Thing...

I tried also to base the locomotive on the very well designed B-model of the 9v cargo train set 4559.

AiXyBgT.jpg

Looks like a good design, how well does it manage corners and switches? Are you able to run it around track without it coming off the rails? I have been looking at pictures of some of these single tracked engines over the last month or so as there have been a few obscure mentions of them in threads. However your little build there seems to capture the essence of the idea very well!

Good to see the details of the coach after the single teaser picture in my own thread. It's fascinating to see the three wheel method used by the Lisbon Tramway on their coaches as compared with the Ewings system. And you provided a stove to keep your passengers nice and warm! I'll have to keep that one quiet or my lot will be demanding a stove in their coach :laugh:

Good to see the details of the coach after the single teaser picture in my own thread. It's fascinating to see the three wheel method used by the Lisbon Tramway on their coaches as compared with the Ewings system. And you provided a stove to keep your passengers nice and warm! I'll have to keep that one quiet or my lot will be demanding a stove in their coach :laugh:

Its a Worker Wagon I plan to prototype a design of the real coaches later I have nicknamed them Coachest on stilts. I just find it odd that they would have them so high up.

I'm loving this design, a great use of single rails (I have so many of these somewhere). Ever attempted a switch design for the tracks? 

Re Lisbon Mono Rail Steam Tram:
For more info see this website:
http://www.douglas-self.com/MUSEUM/LOCOLOCO/lisbontramway/lisbontramway.htm

The large wheels drive the train - the small wheels guide the train along the mono rail.
In later versions the center guide rail was set flush into the road.

The Lisbon Steam Tram was a 1-1-2-1-1 configuration.

Edited by Doug72