Leo604

Batman: Arkham Origins

http://ca.ign.com/ar...igins-announced

Warner Bros. has announced the next title in the Batman: Arkham franchise will be Batman: Arkham Origins, currently in development for the PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii U.
It's currently slated for release on October 25 this year, but there's no mention of the game appearing on next-gen consoles.
The game, which is the subject of Game Informer's latest cover, will not be developed by Rocksteady Studios this time around, instead being worked on in-house at Warner Bros. Games Montreal.
The new development team will be using many of the assets that Rocksteady has used in the past, including its customised Unreal engine so as to try and avoid any discrepancies in the aesthetic of the franchise. Eric Holmes, lead designer of games including The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Prototype, is heading up the project.
The game will apparently take place long before both of the existing Arkham titles, when a young and inexperienced Batman will encounter many familiar villains for the first time. As can be seen in the Game Informer imagery, the assassin Deathstroke will be one such foe, making his core Arkham game debut.
Alongside the console game though, Warner Bros. has also announced a handheld title, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate. The game, which will be released on PS Vita and 3DS again on October 25, is set after the events of Arkham Origins and is being developed by Armature Studio, the company that was founded by several of the brains behind the Metroid Prime trilogy. With this in mind, it's not too surprising to find it described as a "2.5-D Metroid-style exploration action game".
What do you reckon? Are you excited about the idea of a Batman origins title, or does the fact Rocksteady isn't involved worry you? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.

This is AWESOME.

The only downside about this game, is that it is not developed by Rocksteady, the team responsible for the other Arkham games.

Awesome. As long as the game has the same voice actors, gameplay, and a good story, I'm happy.

Hopefully this means we will finally get to drive the Batmobile!

The only downside about this game, is that it is not developed by Rocksteady, the team responsible for the other Arkham games.

To me that doesn't mean anything. Loads of other games switch developers, and a large number turn out fine. Halo being an example of that.

I know its doubtful but hopefully Hamill will return as Joker. I know he said he wouldn't but, everyone has a price. Plus hopefully Twoface has more of a role than in City.

I think that Origins is more to throw people of the scent of something else. I have a feeling that another Arkham game is in development for the Next gen and this is just to draw attention away.

Reminds me of Halo anniversary and Halo 4. Halo anniversary was leaked and then announced while Halo 4 was being developed. Mainly to keep Halo 4 a secret. I think the same is being done here.

Arkham Origins was leaked about a month ago then the announce it and, it will no doubt keep a lot of people's attention away from the next Sequel game. This could also be why its not being made by Rocksteady as their busy with the larger next gen Sequel, which will be a Secret until E3 next year

To me that doesn't mean anything. Loads of other games switch developers, and a large number turn out fine. Halo being an example of that.

I know its doubtful but hopefully Hamill will return as Joker. I know he said he wouldn't but, everyone has a price. Plus hopefully Twoface has more of a role than in City.

I think that Origins is more to throw people of the scent of something else. I have a feeling that another Arkham game is in development for the Next gen and this is just to draw attention away.

Reminds me of Halo anniversary and Halo 4. Halo anniversary was leaked and then announced while Halo 4 was being developed. Mainly to keep Halo 4 a secret. I think the same is being done here.

Arkham Origins was leaked about a month ago then the announce it and, it will no doubt keep a lot of people's attention away from the next Sequel game. This could also be why its not being made by Rocksteady as their busy with the larger next gen Sequel, which will be a Secret until E3 next year

If they know what they are doing there shouldnt be any Joker stuff in this, 2 games is enough. (i would enjoy a side mission with the chemical accident creating the joker tho, where the voice actor could be anyone)

Rocksteady is presumably making the "silver age" inspired game with batman and superman(possible more JLA people)

This game is being made so WB can earn some money every 2 years from batman arkham while WAITING for the next rocksteady game, not as a marketing distraction......

No sign of travelling with the Batmobile yet. Fast travel will happen with the Batwing though. Althoug I guess that it works like the taxis/cabs in GTA 4. You can drive it yourself when going to the marked location.

It will also feature Black Mask putting the hit on the young Batman and the Penguin without his Coca-Cola bottle pressed into his eye socket.

New Batman game? Christmas? Snow? :wub:

So looking forward to it! And we'll get Penguin!

penguin.jpg?w=604&h=339

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Awesome!

I loved the previous games and origin stories is one of my favorite things. I think this game will be amazing.

It would be very cool indeed, if we got to see Joker's origin too. If so, I hope they do it like the first Batman movie with Michael Keaton: Jack Napier falling in a chemical storage unit at Ace Chemicals. (I do believe the 'Jack Napier' isn't a canon-origin, correct, Batman-fans?)

Regards,

Mitch

Awesome!

I loved the previous games and origin stories is one of my favorite things. I think this game will be amazing.

It would be very cool indeed, if we got to see Joker's origin too. If so, I hope they do it like the first Batman movie with Michael Keaton: Jack Napier falling in a chemical storage unit at Ace Chemicals. (I do believe the 'Jack Napier' isn't a canon-origin, correct, Batman-fans?)

Regards,

Mitch

Correct the Jokers name has never been revealed and neither has his true origin confirmed. All that's know is that he fell into a Vat of chemicals at Ace chemicals and that Batman was involved. Like The Joker says ' I prefer my origin to be multiple choice '.

This sounds awesome!

So looking forward to it! And we'll get Penguin!

(image)

I hope you make some awesome customs from this!

And you look awesome in the game!

Correct the Jokers name has never been revealed and neither has his true origin confirmed. All that's know is that he fell into a Vat of chemicals at Ace chemicals and that Batman was involved. Like The Joker says ' I prefer my origin to be multiple choice '.

Haha, awesome quote :tongue:

And thanks for the confirmation.

I wonder how long Bruce has been Batman, in the game. Will it start when Bruce wears the Batman-suit from day one, or...

Regards,

Mitch

Haha, awesome quote :tongue:

And thanks for the confirmation.

I wonder how long Bruce has been Batman, in the game. Will it start when Bruce wears the Batman-suit from day one, or...

Regards,

Mitch

He's been batman for some time, but this is the first time he encounter proper villains and not just gangsters etc. source: gameinformer magazine.

All I can say is: Yes yes yes!

The first two games were absolutely and undoubtably brilliant, and I cannot contain my excitement for this next one. :excited:

What really makes me worry is the fact that Rocksteady is not developing it, as well as the fact that Dini is not around. I do understand that it doesn't mean that the game cannot be good, but at the same time I do wish to see an interesting plot, I do want to see some new features, new additions. The ones like Blackgate 2D stages make me scared already. Perhaps I was unattentive, but is it part of the game, or just some DLC or spin-off for PSP?

What really makes me worry is the fact that Rocksteady is not developing it, as well as the fact that Dini is not around. I do understand that it doesn't mean that the game cannot be good, but at the same time I do wish to see an interesting plot, I do want to see some new features, new additions. The ones like Blackgate 2D stages make me scared already. Perhaps I was unattentive, but is it part of the game, or just some DLC or spin-off for PSP?

As far as I know the Blackgate versions are for 3DS and PS vita. They have a story set after Arkham origins but still before Arkham Asylum.

He's been batman for some time, but this is the first time he encounter proper villains and not just gangsters etc. source: gameinformer magazine.

Thanks for the reply! :thumbup:

Okay, that makes sense, I guess.

Can't wait to see his reaction to some of the more.. weird/supernatural villains :sweet:

Regards,

Mitch

This is what I've been waiting for. Even though this game isn't produced by Rocksteady, I believe it will still be amazing. I mean, Slade, Roman and Ozzy! I can't wait.

Can't wait for this game! Any chance we might get a lego set(s) for it? At least one with Batman, Deathstroke and Black Mask? No? Okay. :cry_sad: