aemil

[Moc] Queens's carriage and Medieval cottage

Well people this is my first post showing a moc of my own. The story behind this is that the Queen decides to go for a ride to the countryside with her carriage. :grin: She passes in front a cottage and the kid gets out to wave her.

This is also my first attempt of building something from the medieval/castle era. What do you think? Any comments are more than welcome!

Here is the complete moc:

8634957948_aa8a7f6d2a_c.jpg

Queen's carriage passing through the village by aemil.toe, on Flickr

A close up to the cottage:

8634957636_07e0a5c173_c.jpg

Medieval cottage by aemil.toe, on Flickr

And the carriage from different views:

8634956888_501d7a9851_c.jpg

The Queen's carriage by aemil.toe, on Flickr

8634957168_9a39e32168_c.jpg

The Queen's carriage back view by aemil.toe, on Flickr

8634956646_bea35e7211_c.jpg

The Queen in her carriage by aemil.toe, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing it! Have a nice day, built something! :classic:

Great MOC, I love it, the only problem is the carrot is behind the horses head :laugh::classic:

Great MOC, I love it, the only problem is the carrot is behind the horses head :laugh::classic:

Thanks Kez, well, the driver will move forward in just a moment, I took the photo too early I guess hehe :tongue:

From the sprawling vegetation to the approach you've used for the roof and the carriage there's a lot to enjoy in this MOC.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

That queen is fantastic! She looks really royal!

The small cottage and the wagon is also great! Well done!

Great MOC! I love the carriage, the well, and the little cottage. I :wub: that queen minifigure too.

Really nice. :thumbup:

A minor nit, I think some smaller plates or using only one color with some 1x1 rounds thrown in would have helped the path out. The larger plates of different colors make the coloring a bit blocky to my eye.

Love how you contained the pitchfork--sometimes it's an otherwise insignificant detail that I take away from somebody else's work, and I'll definitely be remembering this one!

Thanks guys for your kind comments! The queen was actually the beginning of this, when I made her, I thought she should have a carriage, then I said, lets make a little house as well :grin:

A minor nit, I think some smaller plates or using only one color with some 1x1 rounds thrown in would have helped the path out. The larger plates of different colors make the coloring a bit blocky to my eye.

I'm still experimenting with different techniques for the ground, but I think you are correct, smaller plates would make the job just as well, thanks!

Was I the only one thinking about Princess Vespa's luggage when reading the title... :laugh:

:tongue: It's her face, so maybe I should call her Vespa! lol

Very well done for your first MOC!

The cottage and carriage are both excellent and the landscape is well detailed, the fenced section and weather vane stood out to me :wub:

The hinge plates over the windows works well and I like the treasure chest on back of the carriage. Hope you build some other MOCs :classic:

Very well done for your first MOC!

The cottage and carriage are both excellent and the landscape is well detailed, the fenced section and weather vane stood out to me :wub:

The hinge plates over the windows works well and I like the treasure chest on back of the carriage. Hope you build some other MOCs :classic:

Glad you like it, and that you've noticed the little details I've tried to incorporate in it :classic:

This really is fantastic. You vegetation is done very well. LOVE the carriage, and your queen is beautiful. She looks like a happy, nice queen. Unlike Queen Cersei...

This is a really cool build, especially because its your first attempt at medieval scenery.

There are lots of details, that's how Castle should be done ! Great buidling, wagon and foliage. Also I like the Queen Fig.

Thank you guys!

It seems I'm in the right path for medieval/castle era mocing, it was actually quite enjoyable as well!

[...] and your queen is beautiful. She looks like a happy, nice queen. Unlike Queen Cersei...

Well, If I had a son like Joffrey, I don't know how happy I'd be :grin:

Well, If I had a son like Joffrey, I don't know how happy I'd be :grin:

:laugh: Very true. He truly is evil personified. That's what spoiling your kids will do! :wink:

This is really amazing!!

I love the carriage!! Also a fantastic way to let the (stunning) queen sit down!

I see your avatar found its way into the moc! Love the details on this, especially the awesome carriage. Good luck for further medieval mocs!

Thank you, it actually happened the other way around, I made the kid first, then I changed the torso to make my avatar, I liked the combination of these hair with that face :classic: