DAY SEVEN

"Kill him! KILL HIM!!" cries Mr. def.

8630023396_c45db10def_z.jpg

Li'l Boy Wonder musters up a blockbuster defence. "Guys, guys, wait! Have you considered, there's a chance that I may not be scum?"

Someone replies, "no, since that's how someone would talk about someone else you were unsure about, not how you talk about yourself!"

Li'l Boy Wonder stammers, "but I might be the bodyguard, that's plausible."

"NOOO! That's what you describe it on the scumboard, not how you do so in thread! OMG!"

They begin the pummeling.

8628916575_6811601236_z.jpg

They all get kicks in, someone manages to sneak in a sock full of quarters, while others rely on the satisfying fist-on-face method.

Unfortunately, someone took the opportunity to take out Li'l Pirate Dave in the meantime.

8628916559_ab32998c8c_z.jpg

"Oh dear," says Mr. def. "It seems the town 'leader' has been taken out." He approaches the fresh bodies. "As you all could tell, Li'l Boy Wonder was most definitely scum, while Pirate Dave was most definitely town."

8630023316_3c864f96ff_z.jpg

"Oh, and that reminds me, Li'l Rick, you are mayor, are you not? Where is your crown?"

8630023266_334658547b_z.jpg

Li'l Rick replies, "I got it, but I just don't wanna muss up my hair."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day seven has begun. Voting will start in about 26 hours.

The Host

8556295377_39b6217bdc_t.jpg Mr. def (def) - the teacher

The Players

8556295445_5e271e142c_t.jpg Li'l Capt. Redblade (Capt. Redblade) - foppy hair

8556295407_dac17ec3e3_t.jpg Li'l Endgame (Endgame) - hit puberty early

8556295385_122975212a_t.jpg Li'l Kieldaman (Kieldaman) - cosplay fanatic

8557405494_d0d41b5cdb_t.jpg Li'l Nightshroud (Nightshroud) - poindexter

8556295355_2232c25366_t.jpg Li'l Peanuts (Peanuts) - soft head

8556295343_000a79e38a_t.jpg Li'l Rick (Rick) - tolerating

8556295303_85c9410b47_t.jpg Li'l Walter Kovacs (Walter Kovacs) - bandaged

8557405426_0065a06089_t.jpg Li'l Zepher (Zepher) - not an alien

The Dead

8557405592_e6727faf04_t.jpg Li'l Big Cam (Big Cam) - Died day one, butt blew up

8571850442_e32769a369_t.jpg Li'l TrumpetKing (TrumpetKing) - Lynched day one - his enthusiasm was erratic Town

8571850462_1f387f75cf_t.jpg Li'l DannyLongLegs (DannyLongLegs) - killed night one - swinging in Hell Scum

8581624423_fd82d2e074_t.jpg Li'l Scouty (Scouty) - lynched on day two - piled on Townie

8581624435_d505dac13e_t.jpg Li'l Cornelius Murdock (Cornelius Murdock) - killed night two - Townie mayor of nothing

8581624431_ebea3040e8_t.jpg Li'l Fugazi (Fugazi) - killed night two - Townie flew into the danger zone

8594236175_d042660e5a_t.jpg Li'l Palathadric (Palathadric) - lynched day three - Townie succumbed to peer pressure

8594236183_1e3e16d198_t.jpg Li'l Cecilie (Cecilie) - killed night three - Townie had a bad case of the mayors

8604963225_bb5ed4912e_t.jpg Li'l Chromeknight (Chromeknight) - lynched day four - Townie too beautiful to live

8606066884_1f5b13f1e9_t.jpg Li'l Pandora (Pandora) - killed night four - Townie lost her head, and then her hair

8617112987_550ed1f48c_t.jpg Li'l Hinckley (Hinckley) - lynched day five - Scum pushing up daisies

8617112983_71003420c3_t.jpg Li'l CallMePie (CallMePie) - killed night five - Townie mayored into oblivion

8630023226_0415041743_t.jpg Li'l BoyWonder (TheBoyWonder) - lynched day six - Scum smile couldn't be wiped off his face

8630023224_e7141869b3_t.jpg Li'l Pirate Dave (PirateDave84) - killed night six - Townie loose lips sank his ship

Rules (deviations from the normal EB rules are struck-through)

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Scum. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum, while the Scum needs to (knowingly) outnumber the Town.

Third-party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting will be done in the following format; Vote: Player. Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Player. No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. The player with the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the mayor will decide the lynch, through their vote, or by PM if necessary. Voting is mandatory. Failure to vote will incur a vote penalty the following game day.

2.5. A mayor will be elected in the first 24 hours of the game day one. Voting for the mayor will be done in the following format: Mayor: Player. Unvoting for the mayor will not be allowed. One may vote for themselves. In the case of a tie, the first person to achieve that number will win. In the case that the mayor loses their life, a new mayor will be elected in the first 24 hours of the following game day. The mayors single duty will be that of tiebreaker.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hour. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached after 72 hours. In the case of a unanimous vote, the day may end 24 hours early. After the day has been concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last 24 hours (or 48 hours if an emergency comes up). Night actions must be sent to the host in the first

24 20 hours of the night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as any that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the host via PM. That includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

5.5 Do not use the wording of the host to publicly back up your claims. Statements about the game made before the game started are fair game, but those made in game should not be considered either way in strategising.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM. Do not spam the hosts's PM box.

11. Violation of the above rules may result in a 5 vote penalty vote penalty per every 4 living players against you, and death upon further offense.

Great! We're still alive, meaning it's either we're still 4-4 and the scum failed to convert last night OR we're actually 5-3 against them (best case scenario).

I still think Walter is our best bet for lynch today, based on the previous evidences against him. He may try to persuade us that he's town but the failure to recruit him, his closeness with proven scumbo killer Hinck, and the fact that our last two masons, Pie and Dave, believed he's scum are reasons that cannot be just ignored and I think they are enough for us to convict Walt today.

Before Li'l Dave died last night, he dropped a bomb that the masons failed to recruit Rick, That alone is a red flag, and with the fact that he was not killed today despite being Mayor raises a high suspicion alert on him. But there is still the distinct possibility that this is a 'frame job' by the scum (recruitment block on him + intentionally not killing him) to make him look lke scum. Still, I say we lynch Walter today and 'deal' with Rick later.

I'm still sticking to my guns about lynching Walter. Interesting news about Rick; and apparently, Endgame is a mason. It's sucks megablocks that Piratedave was killed, but I think he won the game for us townies. :classic:

No vote for mayor, so I guess I'll wait and hear what Walter or Rick has to say.

If there are very few posts in the opening of the day, I may remove the opening 24 hour-period, making any future game days 48 hours long, no waiting to vote. Anyone who doesn't like the idea may state so, either in thread or in private.

Well, no real surprises there. His role claim and lack of a defence made it pretty clear li'l Wonderboy was scum and li'l Dave painted a big target on his back yesterday and the day before.

Great! We're still alive, meaning it's either we're still 4-4 and the scum failed to convert last night OR we're actually 5-3 against them (best case scenario).

Best-case scenario would actually be 6-2, but I agree that's unlikely as it would mean the scum never managed to recruit successfully.

I still think Walter is our best bet for lynch today, based on the previous evidences against him. He may try to persuade us that he's town but the failure to recruit him, his closeness with proven scumbo killer Hinck, and the fact that our last two masons, Pie and Dave, believed he's scum are reasons that cannot be just ignored and I think they are enough for us to convict Walt today.

If no new information about him surfaces, I agree about li'l Walter. We have to follow up on the masons' suspicions.

Before Li'l Dave died last night, he dropped a bomb that the masons failed to recruit Rick, That alone is a red flag, and with the fact that he was not killed today despite being Mayor raises a high suspicion alert on him. But there is still the distinct possibility that this is a 'frame job' by the scum (recruitment block on him + intentionally not killing him) to make him look lke scum. Still, I say we lynch Walter today and 'deal' with Rick later.

So you trusted me enough to break a tie yesterday, when - as today - the numbers may very well have been equal, but are now going to use that I'm not killed last night against me? I understand the masons didn't want one of their own as mayor yesterday (nominating Endgame or Dave would have given the scum a choice for last night, but would have also given them a very clear target for the coming night), but they still trusted me with the position though. I knew the masons failed to recruit me on night 4. Li'l Dave told me right away. As I also told Dave, I probably was metagamed and blocked for recruitment. Looking back, it's likely the scum teams united on day 4, so by night 4 they probably knew I was town.

So you trusted me enough to break a tie yesterday, when - as today - the numbers may very well have been equal, but are now going to use that I'm not killed last night against me?

Yes, I trusted you since Dave trusted you enough with the role and like what I've said to you privately (and even publicly in my posts), you've been generally pinging town to me throughout the game...

...well until Dave made the revelation on the failed conversion against you. Surely you would understand why I am suddenly suspecting you right? I think the others would feel the same way, it is but a normal reaction of an uninformed townie considering the paranoia and the fragility of the numbers game between the town and scum right. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, hence I stated the possibility of you being 'framed'. But at this stage of the game you couldn't really blame the town for clinging on every bit of evidence they could find to help their cause.

If we're going with Walt today then you're still safe and there may be ways the inner town group could still verify you.

I'm fine with shortened days.

Due to the evidence that the masonry has gathered, Walter is definitely the best lynch for today. Not only were we unable to track him, he also proved unrecruitable when I tried... And I don't recall him explaining either scenario.

I'm fine with shortened days.

Due to the evidence that the masonry has gathered, Walter is definitely the best lynch for today. Not only were we unable to track him, he also proved unrecruitable when I tried... And I don't recall him explaining either scenario.

This is the first time I've heard that I was not trackable. Care to give me some details? Like what night?

As for being unrecruitable, the only explanation that makes sense is that the Scum's Recruitment Blocker blocked me. I do believe I have mentioned that. Several times. Rick's likely in the same boat.

Rick, you were blocked on an odd night(s), correct? I've been blocked on all three even nights. I know I cannot target the same person twice, perhaps the scum have the same limitation?

I think it's about time we took stock of where we are at.

Endgame is a mason, and clearly town.

Rick was trusted by Dave, another mason, and so I think we can safely call him town.

KDM was trusted by Dave, though Dave also trusted Hinckley to a degree during the game. I'll assume he's town.

I know I'm town, though no one believes me.

So who does that leave?

Redblade, who has said very little, and even less of substance, all game long.

Peanuts,, who has said even less than Redblade.

Zepher, who started out town, but everyone and their mother agreed was recruitment target #1.

Nightshroud, who I am least certain is scum.

I won't fight a bandwagon against me. I've said everything I could, and it still seems that no one believes me. It's your funeral.

Oh, and for the record, Dave was not certain of my scumminess. Not by a longshot:

I called you out in thread; don't think too much of it, I want to see Rick and Zepher's reaction.

I am trying to see what we can learn about them.

Whom did you target last night?

I totally forgot to get back to you after your posts.

I meant to tell you Pie had told me his intent.

Let's see how it develops! He is convinced you are scum; I am not.

Rick, you were blocked on an odd night(s), correct? I've been blocked on all three even nights. I know I cannot target the same person twice, perhaps the scum have the same limitation?

As I said earlier today, Dave informed me that I could not be recruited on night 4. I think you're confusing being roleblocked with being blocked for recruitment though.

Okay, we're still alive, that's good. Li'l Dave is dead, that sucks.

I guess I should tell you everything I know right now, which is:

-I was the one-shot lie detector, but on night 2, I wasted my night action on Foog to find out if he was really town. He was. :hmpf_bad:

I already told this Li'l Hinck, who passed it to Li'l Piratedave, so the town block should already know anyway.

-Walter claims to have blocked me on night three; I didn't get any confirmation that I was blocked.

Unfortunately, Walter has never claimed to have successfully blocked another player who is still alive. I didn't have any night action, so that might explain why I didn't get any notification. Or he lied. Both is possible. I really don't know.

Right now, we have three confirmed town; I know I am town and there probably are three scum members (unless there are only two, which means, we have a free lynch anyway).

I'll split this into three fractions:

1) Confirmed Town:

Endgame

Rick

KDM

2) Unconfirmed town:

Two people (including myself from my POV, or the other person from their POV)

3) Scum:

Three people

So, there's a 75% chance that Li'l Walter is scum from the POV of two people, or a 60% chance from the POV of three people.

I think, based on this, we should analyse yesterday's voting pattern:

Li'l Nightshroud did his best to stir the lynch away from Li'l BoyWonder towards Walter, while Li'l Zepher immediately hopped on the Li'l Boywonder-Bandwagon. Interestingly enough, Nightshroud had shouted out two names as lynch candidates at the beginning of the day, none of which was Walter.

After withholding his vote for a while, Li'l Redblade hopped on the BW-Bandwagon, and half-assedly accused Li'l Nightshroud.

Walter voted for BW, no big surprise.

Out of these four, the only one I wouldn't be giving the benefit of the doubt is Li'l Walter. The other three have interacted weirdly, and I think Li'l Redblade is a close second. His indecisiveness definitely isn't a very townie sign. I'm torn between Zepher and Nightshroud, I know one of them has to be scum, but I can't figure out who. Currently I'm inclined to think Nightshroud is scum and Zepher town, but that might change over the next two days. Also, I don't know how you fit me in there, that's up to you.

So, with all said and done, Walter is who I'll vote for today.

Peanuts, why do you believe Rick is a confirmed Townie? How did you come up with that idea?

Okay, confirmed is the wrong word. He and KDM are trusted. The mason trusts them, and I assume Endgame has his reason to do so.

The masons actually said yesterday that they don't really trust Rick... :sceptic:

Either way, our conviction today seems relatively easy. Walter, what exactly is your townie claim, clean and simple. Who do you propose instead of yourself?

The masons actually said yesterday that they don't really trust Rick... :sceptic:

Either way, our conviction today seems relatively easy. Walter, what exactly is your townie claim, clean and simple. Who do you propose instead of yourself?

In a nutshell, I am the Town Blocker.

Night 1 I blocked Cornelius Murdock

Night 2 I attempted to blck Palathadric, but was instead blocked myself

Night 3 I blocked Peanuts

Night 4 I attempted to block KielDaMan, but was instead blocked myself

Night 5 I blocked The Boy Wonder

Night 6 I attempted to block Capt. Redblade, but was instead blocked myself

Before the game began , I asked Mr. Def if I would receive any feedback from a successful block. He told me that I would only receive feedback if I was blocked (which has happened on every even numbered night), and if I wasn't, to assume that the block was successful, whether the target was scum, town PR or Vanilla Town.

The entire case against me comes down to the fact I wasn't able to be recruited by the Masons, though I am not sure which night it was. I see it as proof that the Scum have a Recruitment Blocker, but everyone else apparently thinks that is too convenient an explanation. :sceptic: Apparently I also wasn't able to be Tracked one night (again, no idea which night), but if it was an even numbered night, I was blocked, so I would have been seen as a Vanilla. No one seems to be suggesting that possibility, either.

Everyone also seems to find it suspicious that I talked with Hinckley, a known Scum. Yet I don't recall anyone pointing fingers at him until Day 5. Is it a crime to get duped by a scum? Especially one as persuasive as Hinck? Apparently it is, in this town.

As for who I'd lynch? I think it's obvious I'd like to see Redblade put under scrutiny. I tried to block him for a reason. I think he has a scummy stench that I'll be able to smell in the afterlife.

Grr...

blck = block

I'm starting to believe you Walter, but I'd like to hear what the masons say. Your first few targets, two of them are confirmed town. I imagine that Hinckley wanted you to go after them? Also, the day Hinckley was lynched you blocked a known scum. This is good, but I suppose there isn't any way to confirm this tidbit. That being said, I don't feel good about lynching the town blocker; especially when there are other's, ie: Rick who have evidence against them and also have pinged scum for me.

I agree with you about Redblade, he hasn't been doing much. Unless he's working behind the scenes.

My first two targets were my choice. Corny was acting very... defiant on Day 1. Almost cocky, like he knew he wouldn't be killed. My thought process was that he knew he wouldn't be killed because he WAS scum. I was wrong, but it seemed like the best lead on Day 1. It wasn't till after the fact that I thought of alternative theories (he could have been a Grenade, and was hoping to trade one Townie for a Scum killer, or he was hoping to attract the Watcher, for example).

I targetted Pally for the same reason everyone jumped on his bandwagon on Day 3. He was acting very scummy. Hindsight is 20/20, but after Days 1 & 2, pretty much everyone thought Pally was scum. Dave was among those. As was I.

I didn't start talking to Hinck until late Day 2. I was talking to Cecilie on Day 1. If you want proof (that goes for anyone who is interested), I can add you to the conversations. Everyone in them, except me, is dead now.

It's unfortunate we lost Dave, but I can't say I'm surprised. He painted a rather large target on his back at the end of yesterday and I can definitely see where a scum might have wanted to get rid of him.

I agree with you about Redblade, he hasn't been doing much. Unless he's working behind the scenes.

I tried to reach out to Scouty on Day Two, but he more or less gave me the brush off. Other than that, I unfortunately haven't been as active as I'd like, with real life school taking time away from mafia school.

And it's funny you should say I've not been doing much. You started this game with a fair to middling amount of activity, but have slowly become quieter and quieter as time goes on. What happened? Conversion got your tongue?

I already said this yesterday, but I'm also still suspicious of your attempt to sway the vote. At the time, the case against BoyWonder was 99% likely, while the case against Walter (if there was one) was the same as for any of us: 50%-50%. A known converter is more dangerous than a possible killer (I think I'm not the first to say this) but you were quite insistent that we get rid of Walter, who we weren't even sure was scum. It was a case against a less plausible target, based on flawed math, for no other reason than to give BoyWonder another day to do his dirty work.

If there are very few posts in the opening of the day, I may remove the opening 24 hour-period, making any future game days 48 hours long, no waiting to vote. Anyone who doesn't like the idea may state so, either in thread or in private.

Mr. def, I think we'll need all the time we could get so I say we keep the normal length of the days. Thanks.

Sorry, I forgot to mention, voting is open!

A little light reading for you all. :grin:

This first PM is between myself and Dave. He had expressed some doubts about my allegience, so I contacted him.

I saw your post that you don't trust me. Which doesn't surprise me, it's hard to trust anyone in this game.

I've been talking to Hinckley, and he says you claimed Tracker to him. I invite you to track me tonight. You get to choose my target. Anyone except Palathadric, as I can't target the same person twice in a row. Choose someone nice and scummy, because I really do want to catch scum. Believe it or not, but I am Town, and I'd much rather work with you than against you. Unless you ARE scum.

Hum... This is interesting; You are the vig are you not?

I am inclined to accept your proposal; I am about to go to bed but I will get back to you before 10 EST tomorrow morning.

Thanks for reaching out!

Sorry, no you cant be the Vig, palathadric is alive!

I never said I was the Vig.

And what makes you think Pally is the Vig? Because I've been contacted by someone else claiming to be the Vig.

I said Pally was the Vig? When .. did you read my post where I redacted that statement (that you were the vig)?

here it is:

Now this meant "you cannot be the vig since you targeted Palathadric yesterday and he is still alive"

Let's chalk this up as a misunderstanding.

I would like to work with you, but seeing you know mine, I should know yours (role) I am not willing to blindly trust you, sorry.

I am the Town Blocker. I attempted to block Pally last night, as I believe him to be scum, but was instead blocked by the Scum Blocker. God's honest truth.

I blocked Corny night 1. Turns out that was a mistake.

The "Vig" I have been talking to says he/she/it didn't have a good read on anyone, and didn't use his/her/it's action on Night 1. On Night 2, he/she/it thought he/she/it had a good read on Foog, hence one kill on Night 1 and 2 kills night 2. Of any of the PRs for town, Vig would be the one I could see as not being mandatory. Too many wrong choices would cripple the town.

That would also place Danny in the Recruiter camp and make him scum killed.

I was always a fan of the "Danny was killed by scum and was a recruiter" theory

I tracked Foog on Night 2.

Let me read the last days threads abnd review today, I will get back to you my a target I would like you to block

Thank you for the trust that you have sown me. I'll keep you updated on any information I come across.

Oh, and Hinckley PM'ed me the same Peanuts compilation that you quoted in thread. If that makes a difference. I haven't claimed my role to him yet, though.

He told me he had sent it to you!

I just used it to save some time. I don't think he is especially scummy but he should not have called me out for something he is guilty of!

I was going to say something about that. Nothing in the PM really points to anything scummy, at least to my eyes. I'm still eyeing up Palathadric. Hence the reason I tried to block him.

And for the record, we know the scum have at least three PRs: Recruiter, Killer, Blocker, and if def put them in, a Conversion block as well. That would be 4 PRs among 5 scum.

I'm just thinking out loud here. If the Recruitment Blocker exists, it is almost certainly on the Recruitment team. Otherwise the Scum killers might block the target the Recruiters are going after, AND kill one of the Recruiters by accident. We know that the Scum Blocker is still out there, not sure which team he'd be on. I wonder how the Recruitment team works. Would only two of the three (if they started with three) have the recruitment power? And if we take them out, would the recruitment team be crippled, or would new recruits get to recruit?

I think the ability gets passed over if one dies; in EB I, I was town so I am no sure, you can ask Nightshroud I think he was scum

Why have you been telling Hinck; he is pretty much calling me a liar!

Editorial: This is where things got confused. And the reason why I ended up claiming to Hinckley and outing Cecilie to him, though he had already had a good idea about it.

I saw your post that you don't trust me. Which doesn't surprise me, it's hard to trust anyone in this game.

I've been talking to Hinckley, and he says you claimed Tracker to him. I invite you to track me tonight. You get to choose my target. Anyone except Palathadric, as I can't target the same person twice in a row. Choose someone nice and scummy, because I really do want to catch scum. Believe it or not, but I am Town, and I'd much rather work with you than against you. Unless you ARE scum.

Hum... This is interesting; You are the vig are you not?

I am inclined to accept your proposal; I am about to go to bed but I will get back to you before 10 EST tomorrow morning.

Thanks for reaching out!

I never said I was the Vig.

And what makes you think Pally is the Vig? Because I've been contacted by someone else claiming to be the Vig.

I said Pally was the Vig? When .. did you read my post where I redacted that statement (that you were the vig)?

here it is:

Now this meant "you cannot be the vig since you targeted Palathadric yesterday and he is still alive"

I would like to work with you, but seeing you know mine, I should know yours (role) I am not willing to blindly trust you, sorry.

I am the Town Blocker. I attempted to block Pally last night, as I believe him to be scum, but was instead blocked by the Scum Blocker. God's honest truth.

I blocked Corny night 1. Turns out that was a mistake.

The "Vig" I have been talking to says he/she/it didn't have a good read on anyone, and didn't use his/her/it's action on Night 1. On Night 2, he/she/it thought he/she/it had a good read on Foog, hence one kill on Night 1 and 2 kills night 2. Of any of the PRs for town, Vig would be the one I could see as not being mandatory. Too many wrong choices would cripple the town.

That would also place Danny in the Recruiter camp and make him scum killed.

I was always a fan of the "Danny was killed by scum and was a recruiter" theory

I tracked Foog on Night 2.

Let me read the last days threads abnd review today, I will get back to you my a target I would like you to block

Thank you for the trust that you have sown me. I'll keep you updated on any information I come across.

Oh, and Hinckley PM'ed me the same Peanuts compilation that you quoted in thread. If that makes a difference. I haven't claimed my role to him yet, though.

He told me he had sent it to you!

I just used it to save some time. I don't think he is especially scummy but he should not have called me out for something he is guilty of!

I was going to say something about that. Nothing in the PM really points to anything scummy, at least to my eyes. I'm still eyeing up Palathadric. Hence the reason I tried to block him.

And for the record, we know the scum have at least three PRs: Recruiter, Killer, Blocker, and if def put them in, a Conversion block as well. That would be 4 PRs among 5 scum.

I'm just thinking out loud here. If the Recruitment Blocker exists, it is almost certainly on the Recruitment team. Otherwise the Scum killers might block the target the Recruiters are going after, AND kill one of the Recruiters by accident. We know that the Scum Blocker is still out there, not sure which team he'd be on. I wonder how the Recruitment team works. Would only two of the three (if they started with three) have the recruitment power? And if we take them out, would the recruitment team be crippled, or would new recruits get to recruit?

I think the ability gets passed over if one dies; in EB I, I was town so I am no sure, you can ask Nightshroud I think he was scum

Why have you been telling Hinck; he is pretty much calling me a liar!

Voila!

Why are you unrecruitable?

Why am I unrecruitable. Three possibilities spring to mind.

1 You are on the scum team and I am not one of the six townies that are recruitable. If this were the case, I doubt you'd contact me, unless the scum are about to win and you're gloating. Not likely.

2. I am scum, and therefore not recruitable. This is the question you want answered, I think.

3. When I got the message from def that I was blocked last Night, he meant recruitable-wise, not Power Role-wise.

Overall I tend to believe option number 3,as it fits. You of course need to make up your own mind.

Hum ... I am not scum; I think you may be.

A person I trust very much told me they tried to convert you last night and it failed.

Whom did you block last night.

I attempted to block KDM last night, but I received a message that I was blocked.

Personally, I think Hinck might be scum. To the point that he made a ludicrous suggestion to me. Almost like he wants me to try and lynch him, because it will take a strong case to do it, and he can use that to unite the teams.

I'll PM you what evidence I have when I'm not on my phone.

Sorry, I'm a bit late compiling this. Kids and Easter, not a pretty sight.

Let's look at the evidence against Hinckley.

We shouldn't let anyone know she was the vig so the Scum still think we have one. For as long as that works. And we should stop using this thread...

Goodbye, Cecilie!

Hinckley found out Cecilie was the Vig on Day 3, she was killed Night 3.

You've been certain of me having a town power role since day 1, and I'm still alive and have not been blocked, and you haven't given off any scummy vibes, so I'm pretty sure I can trust you at this point. Your story adds up too, so I have no problem believing you're a blocker. I have actually been in contact with Corny since night 1, when he came to me and told me he was the protector, and that he was protecting me. He then proceeded to tell me he was blocked, so that adds up with your story of blocking him.

Yes, I am the vig. You guessed correctly. And congratulations, you are now the second person to know, the first person being poor Corny. I admit, I screwed up by killing Foog . But he was acting all scummy and shit! Corny agreed with me about killing him too. I spent a lot of time going through his posts and trying to look for clues about him before finally deciding to kill him only a couple of hours before the deadline. I'm not sure I'll go out and kill again unless I have a serious clue to act on.

And with Corny dead, we now don't have a protector . So that sucks.

I'm glad you chose to trust me, because I wasn't sure what to do, I can't be a vig on my own, and I can't just go around telling anyone I'm the vig... And I keep dropping stupid little hints in thread about my role . I have got to get more careful...

All those three you mention have given off scummy vibes, so I'm all for going after any one of them. Which one do you think has the most going against them? I'm afraid they're just not very good players though, and that's the reason for them appearing scummy ...

Did Cecilie let Hinck know Corny was the protector? I know they were talking together before the three of us started our conversation. Corny was killed on Night 2.

I've received a message that I've been blocked on Nights 2 & 4, and Day 2 was when I claimed to Hinck.

Then there was this gem.

Double Post:

I'm leaning towards Zepher, but I still think they'd all make good block targets.

Thanks to the {discussion that shall not be said in thread}, everyone and their brother assumed that Zepher was Vanilla town. So Why would Hinck try and direct me onto him, when even if he was converted, he would LOSE a night action, and never gain one? Zepher is the last person anyone would need to block. Though he could easily be scum.

It's certainly not conclusive, but it's a fair sight better than anything else we've had this game. Unfortunately, the Zepher post sort of looks obvious, like he wants me to use it as evidence so that the scum teams can unite and end the game. And I don't know if I've got enough to force the issue without it.

Editorial: I had to sanitize the above post or face penalty votes. I can't afford that right now. I think everyone knows what was left out. :wink:

Who did you target again?

Can you list your targets since day 1; we may be on to something!

Certainly:

Night 1 - Cornelius Murdock

Night 2 - Palathadric (received message that I was blocked)

Night 3 - Peanuts

Night 4 - KieldaMan (received message that I was blocked)

I totally forgot to get back to you after your posts.

I meant to tell you Pie had told me his intent.

Let's see how it develops! He is convinced you are scum; I am not.

Well, I at least have one mason in my corner.

CMP has PM'd me as well. I'll go talk to him and see what I can salvage.

Meanwhile, start thinking about who another killer could be. If I can successfully block the killer, we can keep from losing a townie in the night.

I called you out in thread; don't think too much of it, I want to see Rick and Zepher's reaction.

I am trying to see what we can learn about them.

Whom did you target last night?

Ahem ... take 2

Whom did you block last night ...

I blocked BoyWonder, per CMPs instructions.

Block TBW tonight, please. There's a chance we could confirm you, which would be fantastic if you're really the townie blocker.

He was supposed to target Pie; this does not help us ...

Well, shit. I did what Pie asked. And it might have cost him his life.

How much do you trust Rick? I've talked with him during the game, and he seemed very focused on the mechanics, but very tight lipped about his actual thoughts.

MIGHT is the keyword here.

I think he is scum and that is bodyguard claim is garbage; the chances of him being town are extremely slim though so I don't think you had a part in his death at least not with your block!

Rick seems on the level; I kept tellig him I knew he ahd a night action and he never explicitly denied it. at this stage if he has a NA he is scum so .... I don't know!

Night 1 - Cornelius Murdock

Night 2 - Palathadric (but Blocked)

Night 3 - Peanuts

Night 4 - KielDaMan (but Blocked)

Night 5 - The Boy Wonder

how about Capt. Redblade for tonight?

What do you think of him?

Fairly scummy. I like the thought of blocking him.

More to follow.

This PM is between myself and Hinckley only. Somewhere in the middle a third PM started, between Dave, Hinckley and myself. Have fun reading!

Welcome back to Mafia! Different concept, isn't it? It's certainly a challenge. What you said in-thread is right. We're not doing great at choosing the right lynch candidates.

Yeah, this is so completely difficult, it's unreal. We do have to remember that the scum teams are having the same difficulties. Except that they at least have some team members they know they can trust to bounce ideas off of. With the exception of the masons, we townies have no clue who we can trust. Hell, I don't fully trust you yet.

You've been very quiet this game. And people other than me have noticed. This leads me to one of two conclusions: you're either scum, or your a mason. I'm REALLY hoping it's the latter.

I've been talking to other players. If they can be believed, Corny was the town doctor.

I'm also in touch with someone who claims to be the Vig. I won't name names, but if you've got a lead you want to test, you can funnel it through me.

Everyone has been telling me I'm quiet. It doesn't feel like it to me because I'm spending all of my free time here, so I feel rather active. I've been working 60 hour weeks and probably will until April 5th. Besides, in every game I play, people think I'm playing differently than before. And hard to read sounds like a really safe spot to be right now for this concept.

I had been talking to Cornelius, but he never told me he was the protector. Evidence of those people thinking I was too quiet. I am talking to somebody claiming to be a tracker, a potentially Scummy role and he has made friends with someone I thought had been a little Scummy. They tracked Foog last night and said Foog targeted nobody. And that CallMePie targeted nobody on Night One.

I have company coming over, so I'll be off for a while tonight. Would you be willing to be mayor? From what I get from your posts, I think you're more on my trust list than my Scum list. Moreso than Palathadric. I think Zepher is probably Town too, but that's just based on the PM thing which we're supposed to ignore even though it's hard to once the info is out there

Double Post:

Yahtzee break. Duh, I can't believe I didn't think of this when you first said it. Does this vig claim to have killed Danny?

No, the Vig claims to have targetted no one on Night 1, and Foog on Night 2. Which is consistent with the results seen in the opening vignettes. That would make Danny a Scum kill. (Nice choice, Scum )

Which brings up an interesting point. In the PR role PMs def showed us, it said that penalty votes would be handed out if the PR didn't target anyone. I don't recall seeing any penalty votes on Day 2 except for mentioning the role PMs in thread. It could always be that the Vig's PM was different and didn't require a target every night, since that could drastically change the game balance quickly if the Vig starts taking out townies. I'm going with that theory for now unless I see another red flag.

For now, my focus is on Pally and PirateDave, and it seems that many other players are lining up to take their shot at those two.

As for the Scum having a Tracker, I think it's not very likely. Scum already have a Killer, a Recruiter and a Conversion Blocker. Do we honestly think that out of 5 starting scum, there were 4 PRs? While not out of the realm of possibilities, I think it's unlikely. It makes the scum seem a bit overpowered to me.

Oops for the Scum! I bet they were annoyed. That's good to hear. Hopefully they are as frustrated as we are.

In EB I, the vig wasn't a compulsory role. The vig, I believe it was TrumpetKing, thought it was and annoyed def by killing Townie after Townie. So, that gives you one more reason to trust this person.

The Scum didn't have a tracker as that would give them a tool to confirm each other. Draggy was the Town tracker. PirateDave claimed tracker to me. If he is, then it's not so Scummy after all. Dave always draws suspicion in these games because he processes things differently. If he is Scum, that's a bold claim to make. All he has told me so far is that the two people he tracked, one of them dead, targeted nobody. The other person he tracked, CallMePie made me really suspicious on Day One and I started a PM with him and he seems to be trusting me way too easily.

Dave may actually be Town tracker. If he isn't, drawing him out may lead us to Scum.

I'd be fine voting for Nightshroud or Pala. Nightshroud still bugs me for some reason. I need to read his case closer about Pala. I was distracted by the fact that he voted for Kiel.

Double post: I take it by your vote for Dave that you don't believe his claim.

I really did want to get him talking. I have every intention of retracting that vote.

Pally is the one I don't trust. I'm just looking for a good reason to swap votes at this point.

I think there's an all right case against Pala. It's just weird that Nightsgroud was the one to really put it together. I've been suspicious oh NS for three days now. I suppose they could both be Scum on opposite teams.

It looks like people are not liking Peanuts. I'm not sure what I think. I've been briefly checking in in my phone while I'm out with my Mom. I'll have to look over everything more closely when I get home.

Yeah, I've been busy at home, so I'm not as up to date as I should be. Plus we've got over 13 inches of snow here, and it's still coming down, and will for the next three hours or so.

I miss snow! I want to move back to Chicago. I miss it there. Where are you located?

I'm looking over Peanuts's posts and I don't see what Dave sees. Peanuts seems to lack the same amount of substance in his accusation posts as Dave does.

I need to do some FABULAND building while I have some free time. I'm not really sure what to do yet for voting, so I'll think about it as I build.

St Louis, MO. Second largest March snowfall for this city. (The first was over 20 inches, back in the 1890s. No thank you on that one.)

I like the snow, except when it impacts my drive to or from work. Snow during rush hour in the STL tends to turn 45 min commutes into 4 hour commutes.

I'm still angling for Pally. I've retracted my vote on Pirate Dave. I need to review Peanuts' body of work thusfar.

I was just looking over them myself. I'll share:

Well, at least we have a candidate now. I myself don't set value on being mayor, and I'm happy to defer to you.

It's unlikely the mayor will ever have to return a verdict, so I don't think the scum would actually make killing him top priority.

There doesn't seem to be a penalty, but two of us have already voted, which means, if no-one else votes, Li'l Kovacs will be mayor. But may I ask why you think that we will profit if there is no mayor?

I wouldn't go as far as to say Li'l Cornelius is confirmed town just for candidating, but he seems as good a candidate as any, and I might not be around by the time voting ends.

Hence, I Mayor: Li'l CorneliusMurdock.

Wrong format

Mayor: Li'l CorneliusMurdock

Well, I know that I won't trust our mayor just because he is a mayor, but to me, it's not a reason to scrutinize them either. I just don't think it's a very important role, because I think we as town will manage to make sure no ties will be generated.

But I have to disagree that an unexpected move would be a good move for the town. There's a reason we don't expect them to step into the spotlight, because it would be bad for them to be scrutinized.

Huh? Are you just thinking aloud now? There is no reason whatsoever to elect a scummy mayor. It's just stupid. We can scrutinize them without electing him, you know. And no scum in their right mind would refrain from using a night action without a good reason to. As you yourself point out, we should lynch scummy players, not make them our mayor. I don't say the mayor has to be incredibly trustworthy, but he shouldn't be scummy either. I'd prefer them to be town.

There is no more productive way to use this role, in my opinion. It rarely has any power, but we won't gain anything from giving it to the scum.

Sorry, I wanted to say "disagree that an unexpected move would be a good move for the scum".

I highly doubt scum would be able to provoke a tie. Think about it, in all the mafia games that were played on Eurobricks, there never has been a tie (I think). And every lynched scum player ever would have created one if they had been able to.

Probably not, no.

I am aligned with the town.

I can't say the case against Li'l Zepher is strong, his defense was okay considering the accusation didn't have much weight. The stranger is it that Li'l Trumpetking seems to be so tunneled on him, first because he wanted to lynch convertible townies, then because of his "inconsistencies".

I'm afraid I can't see where these inconsistencies lie, can you please point them out by quoting his posts? If not, you seem to be a good lynch candidate to me.

So, Li'l Trumpteking has spoken up, and what he said doesn't make me believe he is town. And even if he is, I highly doubt we'd lose much if we lynch him, he hasn't been very helpful either.

Thus, I vote: Li'l Trumpetking

Well, it's good news that one scum is dead. I wonder if that's the result of Li'l Trumpetking's ploy, or just pure luck?

And I wonder what happened to the other kill. Maybe we got lucky and blocked their killer, maybe they got lucky and blocked ours.

Do we even have a blocker?

To be honest, I doubt the scum team would have converted Li'l Danny after the way he played in the Pearl (no offense, I really don't want to be mean or complain about him, but he was killed for a reason).

It is odd that we all together asked if he was town right before he was revealed, though.

I wonder if he might have been a Dead Miller? But that role doesn't make sence without an investigator, does it?

No, I mean the scenario, that he was converted before he was killed (by either side).

And by Dead Miller I mean a Miller who isn't cleared right upon his death. Not that I really believe that, it seems far more logical that he was scum to begin with. What I really meant to say is that for metagame-y reasons I don't think the scum would have converted Li'l Danny.

I don't think the scum would actively try to get anyone lynched, out of fear that they might end up lynching one of their own by accident. That's why Danny voting for you doesn't clear you one bit, it just means you were not on the same team, but it doesn't mean, that you aren't both scum.

The case against you is not the best I've ever seen on Day Two, but it's the best we can go on right now. One third of the day is left, and I seriously doubt something better will come up.

Fortune favors the bold, as they say.

Vote: Li'l Scouty

On another note, we all said yesterday we were town, in order to give a possible Lie Detector something to test. Thing is, people can be converted, and I am afraid the Lie Detector might get skewed results. Do you think we should state our towniness once a day from now on? Well, it's just three words, so: I am town.

Well, that's not good at all. I guess those of you who thought the mayor was about to have a short life were right. So, who wants to be his successor?

I guess we can agree that the vig took out Li'l Foog, while the scum killed our late mayor .

I find it somewhat strange that Li'l Sandy seems convinced that Li'l Danny was offed by the scum. I thought we had agreed that we couldn't be sure, or am I missing something?

I meant Li'l Cecilie, of course...

Actually, no, it wouldn't. Whether they killed one of their own or not, it always makes sence to kill someone who they are farily certain is town. And Danny seems like an unlikely scum target to me. But I guess that's yesterday's topic.

Sorry, but I can't see how Li'l Corny's death correlates with the scum team uniting at all. In fact, all I read there is: "Either they tried to convert him and teamed up or they didn't try to convert him and teamed up or they didn't team up at all".

It's not very far-fetched to say that they killed him just because he seemed townie, as that's the logical thing for the scum to do. I think all combinations of conversion and uniting are possible, but there are no real signs that strongly indicate either.

Trying to find some signs looks like reading tea leaves to me, you'll always get the result you were expecting to get.

By the way, if nobody else wants to, I don't mind becoming the new Mayor. I don't want to see the role given to somebody at random.

I am still town.

Congrats to Li'l Cecilie for being mayor. I hope you'll live longer than two days...well, that is, if you are town, of course.

Right now, I can't say I have many people who appear outright scummy to me. The only person I am really suspicious of right now is Li'l Piratedave. Why? I re-read all his posts yesterday and I realized, that while he said quite a lot, and encouraged the lynch of Li'l Scouty, he never came up with a character analysis. At all. Out of every post I read, I never saw anything that I would count as character analysis. He seemed to base his whole gameplay on numbers, game mechanics and night actions, which I think is highly scummy.

There are some others, like Li'l Pal or Li'l Redblade, who have acted weird in the past, but I can see how a townie might behave like they did.

The thing about Li'l Dave is, in my eyes he tries to look helpful by posting frequently, but when he does, he ususally is summing up what others said or is looking for information instead of analysis. To me, his reasoning behind his vote for Scouty sounded like "If we don't lynch him, we won't know what side he's on" and "I don't think he'd try the same thing he tried in the last game".

To me, he looks like the best lynch candidate we have today.

Oh, and I completely forgot to mention this:

When called out on just reiterating, he reacted highly defensive. His whole post read like "Why do you call me out, I am already acting like a townie!"

Hm, it's true that Li'l Hinck came up with the "kill him or we won't know if this is a sting" resoning, I completely missed that before. I have to say, it sounds like a strange reason to vote for someone, simply because that's basically inherent to most lynches.

I don't know about Li'l Walter; I have to say, his quick support puzzles me. Maybe he was suspicious of Dave before? But if, why didn't he say so?

No, here's the thing: Your amount of contribution actually isn't that low. But you are contributing without analysing. I myself may not have said much, but this is because I wasn't able to come up with any good suspects. You, on the other hand, have tried to look like you helped us by frequently speaking, when you, in fact, were adding nothing to teh discussion at all.

Also, I accused you earlier. That's more than you have done.

Right now, I don't know how I'll be available until the end of the day, so I'll vote: Li'l Piratedave. I still should be able to follow and post later, but I want to be sure the day doesn't end without me voting.

Well, it's easy not to focus on some guys agreeing with Li'l Hinck's argument when there are better arguments for lynching Li'l Scouty around, really.

And yes, there's a chance I won't be around for the next 24 hours or so, and if you include sleep in my time zone, I might not be around before the day ends.

I contacted PirateDave, since he seems convinced I'm scum. He told me Pally has claimed Vig to him. That is not who I have been talking to. Pally is at the top of my potential scum list. Could that mean both Dave and Pally are scum? Or have I been lied to by a member of the killer scum team? Ugh, megablocking mafia setup, with no good answers to any questions.

Dave is pissed at me because I told you about his roleclaim. He's being pretty short with me. Oh well. He'll come around. Palathadric is definitely where my vote is staying, but we can't reveal it in thread that he claimed vig when you have another claim. That will confirm the Scum teams to each other and they'll just go straight to Pally. If Pally is the one who is lying.

Do you mind if I mention this to Dave?

Dave worked out the scenario to me. He Tracked me last night, and knows I targetted Pally. I was blocked by the scum though. He assumed I was the Vig. So we still only have one vig claim. And now you know I have a PR This is turning out to be the worst kept secret in the game. And I was trying so hard not to let my role slip. It's gotten me scum killed twice.

Whoa whoa whoa!! He told me he tracked Fugazi.

Double Post: If you were blocked then you didn't target anyone and he couldn't have tracked you. He is Scum.

Triple Post:

I have to run. I've already asked him for clarification as he knows we're talking. I think it may be smart to draw him out. Once he starts squirming I can pretend to be the other Scum team and see if we can get the names of all his team mates. The problem is I don't know what team he's on. If he's saying Pally claimed vig, I assume he's the killers.

He's a liar and a Scumbag and we caught him!

Don't go jumping to conclusions, Hinck. He told me he tracked Foog Night 2 as well.

Here is what he said:

Perhaps he knows the Watcher?

But wait, if I was blocked, even the Watcher wouldn't know. The only person that knows I targeted Pally would be the "Vig". Cecellie.

I think it might be time for a trademark Hinckley play. I might be a dead duck tonight, though I have a fantastic idea on who to block. Hopefully they are the Killer Team.

The only other scenario I can think of is I was Conversion blocked. But def told me before the game (since I asked) was that the only feedback I would get is if I were blocked. And that is the feedback I received.

He couldn't have gotten a result on you last night if you were blocked. Def would never have given him your target. You let your target slip when you claimed to him. I'll take care of him.

Double Post: it's a pain to quote directly from my phone but he says he targeted Foog and thinks you did too. I'm confused by the sudden and blatant lying.

Editorial: This is when the third PM, between Dave, Hinckley and I, started. That will follow soon.

I think he's saying he's going to track you tonight not that he did track you.

That's fine with me, I have nothing to hide. I've told him exactly what he'll see. I just hope we get a good target out of it.

I've been talking with Cecilie. I'm going to tell her I know she's the vig. Do you mind if I tell her you told me? I've been referring to you as the green giant with her. I did think she was the vig due to her first post today.

Go ahead. Just let her know we were trying to untangle a bit of a mess, so I don't look like a complete megablocks.

I was thinking about Dave's...reluctance...to name his confidants. Is it possible that he was inducted into the masons? And his asking if we were masons was just a test to see if we'd lie about it (scummy) or tell the truth (townie)? Just a random thought.

I'm looking forward to Dave's play, now. Where's the popcorn?

EDIT: It would also explain why he has "100% confidence" in them.

2nd EDIT: Alternatively, he could be scum, have been contacted by Chrome, who said he was scum and these are Chrome's friends, and need us to kill Chrome to confirm the rest of Chrome's team. That would make Dave part of the Recruiting team. Tis sounds a bit far-fetched. Just thought I'd megabluck with your head.

Trust me, my head is already there. I can't wait to hear this story.

I'm getting a flat fixed. Battery dying. What do we do about Dave?

Double Post:

Should we tell Cecilie to kill Dave?

Seriously, he reacts too quickly and really jumps to conclusions. I think I know who these other people are. I definitely know who one of them is. Because of reading everything from my phone, I didn't see that he had guessed Cecilie as the vig.

He does seem to jump to conclusions far too quickly. I say leave the CK decision to Cecilie, she has all of the conversation to draw her own conclusions.

Dave still seems Town, despite his rush to action. There's always a chance that Pally will flip Scum. Perhaps he was claiming town behind the scenes to possibly save his own skin? Not sure.

If Cecilie doesn't go after CK tonight, we certainly need to force CKs hand on Day 4. Hard. (Get your mind out out of the gutter, Hinck.)

Dave is freaking out.

He's all weary of me now just because I'm not agreeing with him. Doesn't he know someone that agrees too easily is the one to be weary of? I hope he calms down soon. I know who he's talking to so I've contacted that person directly so they don't freak out as well. Then again, they should just go ahead. I'd certainly make the most out of some scrutiny and try to draw the Scum out.

I don't think Cecilie will go after him. I was mostly trying to prepare him for that. He's totally freaking out though.

First of all: megabluck, megabluck, shit megabluck, just...megabluck!!!

What does Dave mean by "This conversation is over"? Does that mean he doesn't trust us anymore?

Alright. Who's left.

Assuming you and I are town:

Dave

CMP

Boy Wonder

Redblade

Peanuts

Pandy

Rick

Chrome

Nightshroud

KDM

Endgame

Zepher

At least four of those are scum. Up to three of them could have been converted. That could make it 7 town vs 7 Scum. Or 4 scum vs 10 town. Or...megabluck, this is impossible.

What the hell is Dave talking about? Should we tell him Cecilie was the vig? He seems to think the vig is actually Scum. We could clear this up for him or watch him throw a total spaz.

I'm going to add him to the PM with Cecilie, but let me edit out the parts where I insult him. He's a volatile little spaz and I don't want to set him off. It took me an hour to explain to him last night why it was dangerous to just kill CK.

I'm trying to calm Dave down but he's in full out spaz mode. We may just want to give him time to process.

Has Walter talked to you at all since yesterday?

You are Walter. I meant Dave.

Yes, I talk to myself many times a day.

If you are asking if Dave has talked to me, or if I've talked to Dave, the answer is no on both accounts.

I've had a nice ongoing conversation with Rick in the meantime.

Dave has gone off the deep end but isn't saying why. I'm trying to figure it out.

I've had a thought. Let me bounce it off of you before I go and put my foot in my mouth.

Right now each player is staring at 13 other players. The scum obviously know a little more about allegiances than the Town do. But finding 4-7 scum out of 13 isn't easy, especially with little to no information.

What if the mason block came forward and claimed publicly. That could remove as many as 5 suspects off the list. 4-7 scum in 8 or 9 should be a hell of a lot easier than finding 4-7 in 13.

There is a major downside. It WILL make it easier for the scum teams to find each other. But if we really believe the town is close to a Lylo situation, then it's a risk we might want to take.

Of course, I'm assuming the masons have been able to recruit, and they haven't had losses through lynch or night kill. 1 or 2 masons coming forward still leaves a large pool of suspects.

I'm just trying to think outside the box here. What do you think. Risky, yes, but worth a shot in desperate times?

I guess I don't understand the benefit vs the risk there.

Benefits are that it shortens our list of suspects. Instead of having to look through the magnifying glass at 13 other players, if 4 masons come forward, we only have to scrutinize 9.

Risks: say 5 scum are on the recruiter team. They are looking for the Killers that they know are amongst nine other players. 4 masons come forward, now they only have to look for 2 or 3 out of the five non-masons.

It also gives the Killers a clear target at night, ensuring they won't kill one of their own again.

I think I just talked myself out of it. The risks really outweigh the benefits.

OK. Dave is much calmer now. Who were you thinking about blocking tonight?

Double Post: actually, let me ask in the other thread c

Everything else is in the third PM.

This is the final PM, the one between Dave, Hinckley and I. Be sure to read carefully! Mr. Def has promised a pop quiz in the morning. :laugh:

I'm so swamped and posting from my phone and the back and forth is pissing me off.

Who targeted who and who said what to who?

Either on of you is a blatantly lying Scum or really sucks at communicating.

It would. I can't copy and past easily from my phone or I'd try to sort it out here.

In the mean time, what did Pala say to you?

I never talked to Pala

here:

*snip* This is the PM between Dave and I, up to the time when this post was made. No need to post it twice. *Snip*

Voila!

How about one of us just add him to our PM conversation. I ask your permission first, Dave. Then Hinck can see everything we've said without alteration. I don't think there is anything in there he doesn't already know.

You never talked to Pala?? Walter, did we not converse about Pala making a claim to him?

Oh , I see. I must be reading too fast. I am so megablocking swamped. Walter, I thought you said Dave claimed to have already tracked you and that Pala had claimed vig to him.

No, it was a misunderstanding between PD and I. His quote says :

I assumed that meant Pally was the Vig.

well, that explains a bit!

While were at it, lets keep this conversation going; we trust each other through association, so let's see where it leads us

I'm fine with that. I completely forgot I mentioned Pala's name in my first PM to Dave.

Well, through a comedy of errors, it looks like we have some powerful roles talking at last.

Wow, that was a whirlwind. OK. I'm glad that's cleared up.

What do you not like about Pala Walter? Or was it just the potential vig claim?

For the record, I am also weary of Pala.

HOWEVER the most interesting player to me is Chrome; he is usually very vocal in thread, today ... nothing

I haven't liked him from the beginning. Obviously something tipped me off, for I tried to block him Night 2. I need to go back and see if I can find some hard evidence.

Chrome knight had some iffy posts on Day One. I was grabbing his and Nightshroud thinking they were the same person. then dropped my points due to time constraints.

let's block him and track pala

Does the vig trust you enough to follow your lead?

Nightshroud and endgame have been pinging Scumdar. They could potentially make good lunch candidates.

Does the Vig trust me? I'll never know unless I ask

But yeah, the Vig is looking for targets. He/she/it does have the option of not acting, so if we aren't confident, that might be a better option.

hum .... no, we have several targets lined up here.

Let's have the vig target the more scummy and track and block the other.

I still don;t get why you wanted me to track you Walter; can you explain to me your reasoning?

I think he wants us to confirm him so we know we can trust him.

You didn't trust me. I wanted to be transparent and earn your trust.

That's how the game works, man. I trust you now. Especially after that little mess we just went through.

It makes sense and I get what you were trying to do. I was not sure how it would play out seeing i could not "see" the results i.e. see i your action was successful or not! The only thing I could have seen is that you would not have killed the target but who was to say you did not convert the target!?

Anyways; are you guys the masons!?

I am decidedly NOT a mason. Hinck might be, but he's neither confirmed nor denied that rumor.

I very much wish I were a Mason and I wonder what they are doing since I haven't met any yet.

Pandora has been REALLY quiet. I PMed her about it and she seemed as busy as I am. She's playing differently but so is everyone. Maybe she's lying low because she's the mason recruiter. I hope she's not Scum. Zepher might be a mason. That post he made asking for the Miller is weird.

Double Post:

If Palathadric is lynched, I say we block Peanuts. If Peanuts is lynched, I say we block Palathadric.

His whole reason for suspecting Cecilie is megablocks. {Sanitized for safety's sake} How can Palathadric actually still have that in his mind? And he lied. He said it was something Chromeknight said and then he quoted Cecilie.

Triple Post:

Where are you guys? I can finally sit at my computer and type and I'm all alone. And you guys are in North America! You're supposed to be online right now. Let me guess...wives.

I agree with the block pattern; whom would you recommend be tracked!? I was thinking Chrome

I also think we should ask the Vig to target Chrome, I will track Cecilie.

Triple Post:

Where are you guys? I can finally sit at my computer and type and I'm all alone. And you guys are in North America! You're supposed to be online right now. Let me guess...wives.

Wives, children, work. All of it causes Li'l Walter to be sleepy.

I know what you're going to say, "It's mafia, sleep comes second." To that I say BAH! Walter loves his sleep.

And his wife and kids.

Double post:

So do we all agree that Peanuts should be blocked tonight? It seems like a sound strategy to me, especially if Peanuts and Pally are on opposite teams.

yes!

Any idea who the vig will target?

Peanuts sounds like a good block.

Dave, who were you thinking of tracking? The vig suggested Redblade. You sound like you were thinking Chromeknight.

Double post : the vig is worried about having killed Foog and being wrong. So he's staying home tonight.

That's a bad move, there are fairly obvious scums out there.

I will track Chrome.

My other friends think Pally may be a good Vig kill or Chrome for that matter.

I don't want to track a person that will ultimately get killed.

The vig should/must kill; we are in a good enough position to afford a mishap tonight

Cecilie is the Vig, correct?

Pally was lynched. who are the obvious Scum?

And I would track Chrome even if he gets killed. If he's a recruiter and targets someone. Even if he's dead we'd want to know who he converted to the Scum team.

Sorry, lots of things going on at the same time; I meant Chrome or Endgame

I can track Chrome see what happens; I (we) would like for you two to try and sway the Vig to kill tonight.

My suspects, and those of my friends as well, are Peanuts, Pally (lynched), Chrome, Endgame, TBW; and frankly you cannot deny that any of those make good vig kill there is a 75% guaranteed success rate in that list.

Dave, who are these other people? Are you sure you can trust them? Is it the person you and I talked about before?

I trust them 100%

I trust them as much as I trust you.

What sucks for the time being is that you are weary of some of them as much as some of them are weary of you. I am trying really hard to work both sides and come to some sort of middle ground where we could merge our conversations.

I will tell you this, other than your suspicion of them and their suspicions of you, we are all on the same page, or at least very, very close in our perceptions of the game; which is really good.

I have come accross interesting info.

You must put me in communication with the Vig; add him or her to the conversation maybe?

Whoa there. What is it? Big group PMs are dangerous. Please tell me what's going on?

Double Post:

Hello? You can't say something so intriguing and not follow up. I'm at work and constantly refreshing my PM box. Don't leave me hanging.

I find your lack of trust in me .. Disturbing!

You are very eager to get info from me but reluctant to volunteer info to me!

I have stumbled on something juicy; do you want to kill scum yes or no? This is pressing; has the vig picked a target, if so whom?

Trust me

Dave, I clearly trust you. I don't even know who these other people are you're talking about. I've connected you to the blocker and vig. What have I not given you? I have asked for no info except why you need the vig's name. Do you understand why caution is necessary in this concept with so many potential conversions?

Double Post: the vig has not chosen a target. Can I give him a good target? There's no danger in giving us the target. Walter and I have asked him if its OK to add him here. But if he's not comfortable with that, telling the both of us can work. I can't tell the vig anything without Walter knowing.

Chrome must be killed

I'll tell the vig. If he doesn't feel comfortable adding himself to this PM we'll have to keep relaying messages.

If you don't want to tell me how you know Chrome is Scum, don't tell me. But I'm so curious. Lets still track him to see if he converts someone. Or should he just be blocked as well?

Sorry, I can't, I promissed!

Let's do all 3!

There's no point in blocking him and tracking him.

Lets block and track, I'll change my target!

You mean block and kill, right?

Can you tell us how you know without naming your contacts? Use aliases like I do.

Double Post: vig has been given the message.

Will do after supper if you dont mind!

No dinner during Mafia!!!! Especially at 2:45 in the afternoon.

Take your time, man

Will do after supper if you dont mind!

Here, sanitized PMs:

Nope, Pala was definitely town...

Trusted person, I know you voted for me, REDACTED, looking at you play, I think you're the one I trust the most of them all. I have been in communication with SCUM 1 in a, sort of, sting-like thing, let me let the PMs speak for themselves:

I would be certain you are scum if I wasn't so damn sure you are town...unless you've been converted.

I guess we'll never be sure until the game is over.

I doubt I'll survive the day. It's not there is an incredible amount of votes against me yet, but let's face it, I have been darn scummy, and your agreeing with me makes you darn scummy as well. So I think I'll go out and ask it: are you scum? I would've thought you obviously were if it wasn't for REDACTED. But you continually seem really scummy and your REDACTED senseless arguments really does make you stick out.

It's really odd, because I've been dropping hints all along and nobody has really been picking them up seriously until now and of all things it has to be the townies .

Now, you know I can't answer straight forward either way. If you're town, then you're just doing a sting. If you're scum, then why would you trust me? How can I trust you're scum OR town, or know anything about you, or you me? Why aren't you coming out as scum in thread?

I would come out in thread, but I prefer to leave the chances that I may live still a slight chance if I can. Coming out in thread would ruin it, but I would later on. I do realize that you can't trust me and I can't trust you, but I haven't exactly revealed anything to you. Furthermore, I haven't actually claimed to be scum.

I'm sure if the scum teams unite, I may have a chance of surviving since the votes are everywhere right now and it wouldn't actually take too much to overturn what's going on now.

Besides, why would I post this in-thread. If you're town, you're the one who wants to get me lynched if I'm scum.

If you post in thread you'd potentially connect with anyone if they're scum. It's the same thing Scouty and Trumpet did as stings when they were town, but would also be what a dying scum would do...

I cannot tell you my alignment until I have further reason to trust you one way or another.

Now if you're screwing me over REDACTED. I will furiously multiple times over, but frankly I haven't really trusted anyone since CM and Foog died, so I think you're my best bet.

CK also questioned me later on:

Wow. They're really hammering you.

They've got the smell of blood in the water.

I don't think there is much hope for you. Sorry.

I know you said above that you're town (or at least implied so). Are you standing by that or is there something you'd like to tell us that might help us win?

He seems to infer that he is not on the town's side, as I see it.

If you're town, good luck. If not, die tonight!

I don't know if you can see it or not but for the sake of transparency; I have edited the post to redact a part that was incriminating for SCUM 1 as it is unclear what really transpired there, maybe we can look into that tomorrow.

It is pretty damn clear that CK is scum

What? I have to read that a few more times...

Double Post: Dave, that's nothing definitive. Chromeknight could be just as easily be running a sting. Or am I missing something? I'll post this for the vig, though. Let him make up his own mind.

And why are you redacting one Scum name? Scum 1? You're protecting one Scum side? Um...

No, scum 1 and the interaction with trusted person could easily lead you to trusted person.

Listen, I gave you what you asked for (behind trusted person's back I might add) Because I felt it was obvious that CK was scum. I doubt very much that CK is town.

I definitely see that. Whoever was talking to Chromeknight should keep trying to poke him. Get the names of the rest of the Scum. Want to send me after him? The vig is really reluctant to kill tonight. He did say he needed to know the story first. He knows it now.

So is Scum 1 really Scum? Or just one of your other suspects?

What's the point of the first part of what you quoted? Pala contacted someone you trust and said, hey I tried to draw out some Scum and this is who I found: Scum 1. The problem with this game setup is that any Townie who wanted to see if Pala was Scum and get to the other team would say the exact same things Scum 1 is and possibly what CK is saying, although that's ludicrously blatant. I wonder if the Scum would be even as bold as what we're seeing here. And who's to say Palathadric wasn't looking for the other Scum team before he died? I have trouble seeing this as definitive, but I'll leave my opinion out so the vig can decide for himself.

Do you see how it could be a Townie tactic to pretend to be Scum to someone who is being lynched? You risk getting lynched by the Town...or killed by the vig but you could uncover one whole Scum team if they agree to give you their names...

Pally was talking to CK; how is he supposed to keep poking?

Scum 1 is less scummy than CK; i find it ridiculous that with this evidence the vig would not kill. What is it you always say, occam's razor or whatever; we must/need to test the claim.

Seeing you are obviously still weary of me, I will step out; I trusted you, looks like I was maybe wrong. Now I'm kind of screwed since I told you too much already.

Hinck, I am in a GREAT position now and you need to trust me.

See my post in the other thread. Trusting you has nothing to do with if the vig will see the same thing you do. I trust you at this point. This just seems very hasty. Personal feelings about trust aside, what do you think about the possibilities I bring up that people are trying to garner info for the good of the Town?

If someone started hinting to me that they were Scum, I'd certainly play along to find out as much as I could. Why kill one Scum if we can kill them all or trick one team into giving def the wrong names and losing? That would be awesome!

Think about that. It's a different game concept.

It is possible that others are trying to gather info for town; the link in the story I posted (and now regret sharing FYI) was Pally, not 'trusted person'

nor Scum 1, the link is lost.

we trusted you to do good with what is a pretty obvious scum move and to try and sway the vig to kill scum, you seem reluctant to do so.

I understand your points but I don't agree that we should wait. As I said in the other thread, let's wait for tomorrow; have the vig make a decision and let's wait and see.

Think about that, though: obvious Scum move. Would the Scum be so obvious? And what is the context of that quote from Chromeknight? What was the rest of the conversation? If Palathadric was acting like Scum, it is possible Chromeknight was acting back to try and draw him out. Two things:

1. If he's Scum, one of us can go in and try to find out more, maybe catch the whole Scum team or totally block them from winning. Do you get that?

2. If he's Town, you kill him and there's yet another dead Townie.

Chromeknight hasn't inspired any confidence as Town from the very beginning. I can and have agreed that he's worthy of scrutiny. You're over-reacting to me and you should really relax for a minute and just think about it. There are many ways to handle a potential Scum confession in this game. I think a Night Action result would give us a more confident lead on him. Townies have good reason to pretend to be Scum in this game.

Once again, do you mind if I talk directly to Pie about this?

From the vig:

Well, it definitely raises a red flag, but it's still inconclusive. Chromeknight is actually a very smart player and he's definitely capable of screwing with people's minds in PM.

But who is SCUM 1, and why is that name being shielded? I don't get it... It's the same for him as for Chromeknight though, the conversation is inconclusive, but it does raise a red flag.

I need to think this over for a bit before I make my decision... But is Chromeknight being tracked? Because that would be a waste if I whacked him...

I responded that it would help to track him even if we killed him as if he is the Scum Recruiter, his Action would still go through and we'd need to see who he targeted.

I think it's now past the deadline. I don't know what the Vigilante chose to do.

Double Post:

Well, it's too late now anyway, and I couldn't do it . Sorry, I'm such a suckly little vig who can't even man up to make a kill . The worst case numbers frightened me too much...

Sorry, Dave. No go. We'll figure him out today.

this conversation is over.

Walt? Walt? where did you go?

OK... Why?

Somehting has come up that incriminates one of you

What's that?

There is a reason the 'vig' did not target CK .. guess what that may be?

Um...I'm not sure I have a guess.

I think he's trying to insinuate that we never told the vig to target CK. And that you fabricated all of the PMs to make it look like you did. I say you add him to the now dead PM and prove to him that we did tell the vig

I am referring to a PM between Cecilie, Hinckley and I. I won't post that one unless you REALLY need it.

Walter, did you have a target in mind for tonight?

Not yet. I was going to see how the voting shakes out. Why, do you have a suggestion?

Yes. What do you think of beacon boy, Boy Wonder?

I had a feeling that was who you had in mind. Barring any revelations, consider it done.

Awesome. It's hard to tell with They Boy Wonder what he's even saying since his sentence structure is so off. What language is he speaking?

Walter, if there was another plan to see what Boy Wonder might be up to, do you have any other targets in mind?

Yeah, everyone else in the game!

No, seriously, anyone could be scum. Anyone, I don't have a clear direction. KDM might be a good target. Rick. Zepher. Nightshroud. There are 13 players on the list besides me, and only two of them I wouldn't block.

I'm back; whom would those be?!

I'm imagining he meant you and me.

Hincklet gets the prize. Sorry I was so abbreviated. I was getting ready to shut down at work and head home for the holiday weekend.

And now I'm on my phone, so messages will be brief (for me).

Those are all good block targets. Zepher has really been pinging my Scumdar with accusing people, asking for support, not following up and then just voting for Nightshroud. Kiel is way inactive and everyone is talking to Rick it seems. He's a sly one so he'd make a good block target too.

Double Post:

I'm leaning towards Zepher, but I still think they'd all make good block targets.

I've gotta say it... and I'm not loving saying this... but you seem pretty town, actually. Which leaves us high and dry today... but...

In all of those, you think pretty damn logically. You even accuse Hinckley of being scummy in private to someone else, assumedly a scum would just try to reach out to someone scummy. Your block targets also seem pretty justified as far as townie thinking goes- Pally was looking scummy, I could understand a block on Corny day one...

But where does that leave us today? Who do you suspect, seperate from defending yourself?

Nightshroud has ALWAYS been on my list. Rick has also been someone who the masons were unable to recruit- why do we think that is? Rick, you weren't told you were the miller by chance, were you?