Mike S

The Legend of Revolword: Challenge VI

Challenge VI: The Legend of Revolword

As the four guilds did not know Revolword had left Cedrica, many armies from the four guilds under various lords and leaders converged upon the city. Bishop Jamon and his Knights of Aslan were one of the first to arrive. As soon as the city was within sight, Bishop Jamon knew something was amiss. At first he thought his army had arrived late and that the other armies had already breached the city walls but the scouts returned stating that there was no sign of battle at the southern, eastern, nor western walls.

"Perhaps Mitgardia's armies were the first to arrive and have succesfully entered the city from the north," Jamon responded. "Let us be quick and give our brothers aid."

The army quickened their pace and before too long they had reached the southern gates. Sounds of massive destruction came from within the city as billows of smoke rose above the city.

The gatehouse seemed abandoned but then on a high tower along the wall some members of the Hand caught his attention.

Just then one of his commanders rode up to him. "Sire, the leader of the Hand in that tower wishes to speak to you."

"What is there to speak about?" Bishop Jamon questioned.

"He said it was concerning Victor Revolword."

"Very well," Bishop Jamon replied and rode his horse to the bank of the part of the moat nearest to the tower.

"Hail most wretched creature," he called up to the Hand leader. "Hurry and speak your piece before we begin our assault and remove your wicked presence from this land."

"Oh most holy human," the creature responded, "Word of your honor and honesty has reached even our ears. We wish to make a deal with you but we only trust you. We know that any other leader of Historica would break their word and slaughter us in a rage after we opened the gate for you."

"You will open the gate for us?" Bishop Jamon asked incredulously. "You would turn so easily on your master? You pathetic creatures have no honor or loyalty do you?"

"Quite the contrary oh most holy human," the Hand leader replied. "Lord Revolword is dead."

"Dead?" Bishop Jamon laughed. "Throw me his head and then I will believe he is dead."

"I cannot do that as Lord Revolword left Cedrica some time ago."

"Then how can you say he is dead?"

"He has to be dead as all the elementals have gone crazy and are destroying each other as they would if they were not under his control. We will open the gates for you if you promise to let us go free with our lives."

"You know I cannot do that," Bishop Jamon replied.

"We are stuck between death in the city by elementals and death by you outside the walls. Why should you waste the lives of yor men assaulting us when all we ask is our lives in return for the lives of your men?" the Hand leader asked. "We will fight taking as many of your soldiers with us in death if you press us."

Bishop Jamon thought the creatures offer over knowing he could and would never guarantee them a full pardon from their crimes.

After a few moments he replied. "I will make but one deal with you. If you deal in honesty and uprightness and open the gates for us as well as giving me all the information you have concerning Victor Revolword, his plans, and his actions, I will give you and those under your leadership three days to flee. After the three days are passed, mark my word, we as well as the rest of Historica will hunt you down and bring you to justice. This is my final word with you, take it or leave it and prepare for our attack."

"Oh human of great honor, it is well that I spoke to you as I knew it would be. I accept your most gracious offer." the creature responded.

So it was that Bishop Jamon was able to enter Cedrica without a single casualty. Bishop Jamon held the southern gate until the other armies arrived and together as one army they swarmed the city destroying any elemental or Hand member that remained.

Bishop Jamon also kept his word to the Hand leader and waited three days before he sent trackers to hunt the Hand leader and his army but they were never to be found. Their trail disappeared in the deep tunnels below Historica.

8690020444_82dc4e93cb_c.jpg

Walls of Cedrica by Masa of Kaliphlin, on Flickr

8690018694_26062dc99b_c.jpg

Walls of Cedrica2 by Masa of Kaliphlin, on Flickr

From what Bishop Jamon had learned from the Hand leader, Victor Revolword had left Cedrica a month before Bishop Jamon and his army had arrived. It seemed that as with any unholy desire, Revolword's thirst for power had begun to crave even more. The power of the Elemental Helm had started to become mundane to him, so he began to search for other legends of power. One legend in particular intrigued him- the legend of the Mind Benders, a mythical race that supposedly were able to control the minds of any living creature. Revolword secretly traveled into the long lost caverns far below Historica's surface with only a couple fire elementals as his guard, for he did not trust even the most loyal members of the Hand.

8688903307_d1595d0fe9_c.jpg

Unending Thirst by Masa of Kaliphlin, on Flickr

8688898973_62b383dd6d_c.jpg

Unending Thirst2 by Masa of Kaliphlin, on Flickr

As far as Victor Revolword's true fate, no one knows. Some say he fell down a deep crevace losing the Elemental Helm in the process. Others say that he became some creature's meal and the Elemental Helm lies hidden in some lair waiting to be rediscovered. Still others, doomsayers claim that Victor succeeded in his search and is biding his time until he masters his new found magic. But the most common fate given to Revolword is the one parents tell their children to make them behave. In this version of the Legend of Revolword it ends with him eternally enslaved by the Mind Benders who send him out to kidnap naughty children.

The Historica mainland slowly recovers as the last of the elementals and the Hand are hunted down and destroyed and the people return to their homes to rebuild. However, many are looking to new lands to settle in, lands that were untouched by the elemental destruction, lands such as the increasingly wealthy Varlyrio. New alliances are forming, and with the king missing, several powerful lords scheme for Historica's throne. Whether Historica will find peace again or whether Historica becomes embroiled in another war remains to be seen.

8681979384_6c3a8c18d9_c.jpg

8682092868_cb31ab0203_c.jpg

New Alliances3 by Masa of Kaliphlin, on Flickr

New Alliances by Masa of Kaliphlin, on Flickr

Edited by Masa of Kaliphlin

Whoah! That is so cool! Great work so far Masa! :thumbup:

Not be rude, but I see one small typo you might want to change. In the description it says log lost caverns, but I think you meant long lost caverns.

Whoah! That is so cool! Great work so far Masa! :thumbup:

Not be rude, but I see one small typo you might want to change. In the description it says log lost caverns, but I think you meant long lost caverns.

Thanks, n key doesnt always make contact when I type fast. :blush:

Nice build! Looking forward to seeing the rest :)

Very cool! I like the wall, the vault, and the creepy crawly! Can't wait to see what happens next.

Love that spider, Masa! Very nice box too. I think the rock walls could do with some work, it looks a litte too rectilinear right now, kind up straight up and straight along - I have this problem all the time. I am really looking forward to the story.

:classic:

That's an ugly spider! But you have to take this as a comment, because I think all the most fearsome spiders are ugly :laugh:

So for being a spider, he is really awesome!!! :thumbup:

Is that a tire you used as it back?

I don't like it, because its creepy! But I like it, hehe. Nice rock wall and spider leg/body. What is the large black piece you used for the bulbous body?

I think the rock walls could do with some work, it looks a litte too rectilinear right now, kind up straight up and straight along - I have this problem all the time.

I don't think the pics have very good depth perception. There is a 3 brick height difference between the bottom and the top as well as the center. I wanted the wall to apear as if it had been carved out and the box is supposed to be the base of a broken pillar. I guess I didnt do a very good job portraying it as nobody seems to get it so I might add more height to it to make it more visable.

Is that a tire you used as it back?

You got it! :thumbup:

What is the large black piece you used for the bulbous body?

It is a tire turned inside out. I wanted to portray that no matter how great and powerful Revolword is, there will always be things in the universe that are bigger and more powerful than him.

Edited by Masa of Kaliphlin

Ah!! It looked like a tire but there were no treads. Nice =)

Really nice build, can't wait to see the rest of the story.

I hate spiders! And this one gives me nightmares so you have done a great job with it! Cant wait to see the rest!

I really like the rock work, but the spider is indeed the most impressive part. Great job! And those power miners monsters are indeed fine elementals monsters!

nice spider and rock work, dark grey is it! Maybe a better light would have hepled to get a better pic. Other than that, good job, can't wait to see the rest!

nice spider and rock work, dark grey is it! Maybe a better light would have hepled to get a better pic. Other than that, good job, can't wait to see the rest!

Yes I'm changing the pillar a bit which means that the spider pose will be different and I'm hoping to be able to do some outside photoshooting for all 3 entries.

That rockwork is really well done, and the first part of the story is quite intriguing! :thumbup:

Yes, I have to agree with the others, great rockwork, MK. :sweet:

The gold pieces also add a nice touch to it.

Nice story so far.

That bridge is quite impressive! I like how your story leaves the possibility for Revolword to be dead, or just waiting to attack again and the introduction of exploration and a fight for the throne adds a lot of possibilities :thumbup:

Looking forward to the first build and updated second build :classic:

That second build is just as fantastic as the first. I love that tree too. Wow. Can't wait for the third.

Wow! Great bridge and water! I love the white tree! I think Revolword is lurking more powerful than ever... :wink: