Sign in to follow this  
rongYIREN

MOC: A Few Droids

Hello All!

A few droids that I whipped up the other day. Let me know what you think.

Added some wings to one of the droidz

8642997750_15b438508f_c.jpg

8642737518_789755ef8b_c.jpg

8620999281_f01fcb7ef8_c.jpg

Thanks,

rongYIREN

Edited by rongYIREN

These are cool! I like the head design, they would be even cooler if their limbs had more articulation (knees, elbows).

These are cool! I like the head design, they would be even cooler if their limbs had more articulation (knees, elbows).

True, but at this small scale that kind of articulation isn't necessary.

I think they're pretty awesome.

Thanks!

Very cool droids, the shape of the head is great and I like that you use numerous round pieces throughout the design :thumbup:

Excellent color variations too :classic:

cool!!!recognized that it is your style!!!but I'd like to see them with more joints,I know that is difficult with this size,next week i will post the photo of a minisuit with a lot of articulation and the scale is the same of your droids,but the style is very very different,however well done, i love your style!!! :wink:

Awesome. The connections are real NPUs, and the overall look is very techy.

Nicely done, at this scale I think there is ample ariculation, anything else would throw the limbs into an out of scale appearance I think.

Nice part usage when it comes to the ankle connection :thumbup:

cool!!!recognized that it is your style!!!but I'd like to see them with more joints,I know that is difficult with this size,next week i will post the photo of a minisuit with a lot of articulation and the scale is the same of your droids,but the style is very very different,however well done, i love your style!!! :wink:

You know, I'm afraid that the frame will just get too bulky if I add knee and elbow articulation

cool! and cute, too.

Nice robots :thumbup: :thumbup:

The feet are my favorite parts! Very ncie! :thumbup:

Cool looking droids 'rongYIREN'.....nice long blaster rifles too ! :grin:

Brick On Fight On 'rongYIREN' ! :grin:

Awesome. The connections are real NPUs, and the overall look is very techy.

Very cool droids, the shape of the head is great and I like that you use numerous round pieces throughout the design :thumbup:

Excellent color variations too :classic:

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedback! :classic:

Nicely done, at this scale I think there is ample ariculation, anything else would throw the limbs into an out of scale appearance I think.

Nice part usage when it comes to the ankle connection :thumbup:

Thanks, that's how I feel. I like the skinny, joints would just make them too thick bodied.

I love these. You've really captured the essence of 'robot'. The wings are good but my preference is without. On first glance they look far bigger than they really are. Would love to see this posed in a diorama.

Sorry, just bumping this for the new pic up top.

It's nice to see variety. The first droids were really nice, but the winged variant is so cool :thumbup:

I love these. You've really captured the essence of 'robot'. The wings are good but my preference is without. On first glance they look far bigger than they really are. Would love to see this posed in a diorama.

Well, only some of them would have the wings anyway... as for a diorama, I'd like to make more of these guys so eventually they could get worked into some kind of diorama.

It's nice to see variety. The first droids were really nice, but the winged variant is so cool :thumbup:

Thanks! I'm thinking about using these droids as an update to my old primalBOTS theme, not sure yet.

Btw, which set(s) did the parts come from?

Well, some of the pieces, like the wings come from the set 70003, other parts come from set 70700 with everything else coming from Bricklink

The winged version looks absolutely awesome, with those wings giving it a sort of electrical look.