Shadows

Ameribricks: Shocking News Here

It's over? Can we at least have an "Americanisze your Avatar" contest? I was all ready to get started on mine today.

You can put your drink bottle away now. :classic:

And just when I got used to typing color instead of colour.

Bhahahahahahahahahaahahahahhaaha! Now I look like an extreme idiot. I'll just insert this to salvage some dignity, I suspected AmeriBricks was a fake, all along...

I've been busy with work so I haven't been on the site in a little while. I've been waiting to be included in this community..

Good joke. I actually didn't find it annoying or troublesome and I wouldn't necessarily think it was because I am already in "America." I looked at the content and rolled with it, whether it was a joke or not.

I try not to take things too seriously usually. Being worried about stuff all the time will make you re-evaluate a few things.

I knew AB was an AFD caper.

So I inserted some

of my
. And when you click the Of link, and scroll down, you'll find another one of my capers.

Then, like at least one other did, I started to have my doubts. I was thinking, "Was it a serious change passed off as a joke?" Another asked a similar question.

In another word, We all got Brick-Rolled. And while we were getting Brick-Rolled, we got Brick-Rolled. Double Brick-Roll!

It was really funny at first, but when I saw that some members didn't get the joke and became frustrated about it, the fun disappeared. I don't care what the reason is, but willingly frustrating others isn't neat.

@ Shadows: You might even lose members for the sake of this 'joke' as it obviously lasted too long.

So...it's the mods fault and are in the wrong because some can't take a joke?

What I thought were the best and funniest comments were all the Europeans who felt excluded and outcast because Ameri was in the name. I never once read anyone not in Europe complaining about feeling excluded in the name...

I thought it was an awesome joke. Can't wait for next year to see if you guys can top it and maybe cause another would be mutiny. :laugh:

I still believe DutchBricks is a better name. :laugh:

You guys did a good job on working people up , but please take in concideration that wherever people flok together, you get pro and cons , as a social " experiment " I can't see the fun of it, and then try to reflect it on the people who reacted poorly in your eyes.

I like cracking a good joke on people, but letters and words are the worst kind of media to get your point across, you can't see the emotion on the faces, you can't tell if this is sincere or not.

For years now I wish people a Good weekend on monday's , just to see who reacts, who feels the joke and whom are serieus. If they react with, " but's monday :cry_sad: !" , I react with " Day after tommorrow and 2 night of sleep and it's the weekend !!! :laugh: " just to get the people think on the positive side of live.

Be very, very carefull about this kind of jokes gentlemen, it can backfire on you ! ( and that would be a shame )

grtz Saint

So...it's the mods fault and are in the wrong because some can't take a joke?

What I thought were the best and funniest comments were all the Europeans who felt excluded and outcast because Ameri was in the name. I never once read anyone not in Europe complaining about feeling excluded in the name...

I thought it was an awesome joke. Can't wait for next year to see if you guys can top it and maybe cause another would be mutiny. :laugh:

Speaking from how I experienced the announcement, it wasn't the name change that caught my attention. Rather, it was the plans that were stated, namely to rework "the site graphics to better match American visual sensibilities", and "to shift the focus of our discussions to a more American point of view". It gave me an immediate feeling or impression of being excluded from this community, simply because I couldn't understand or share what the sensibilities or more American point of views were. Again, that was my initial impression. Then I realized that it was April 1st, and I gave it a second thought, resulting in my post. The point is that at this point, I was in doubt about what to believe. Although it appeared rational to assume that the announcement was a joke, there was no criteria to decide this question. Doubt could only be removed by the explicit statement made today.

I wouldn't speak of anyone's fault, but I think the mods were surprised by certain reactions, just as I was surprised about my own initial reaction, so I agree with Shadow when he says that it, "almost turned out to be more of a psychological experiment than an April Fool's joke". It definetly was the most interesting April Fool's joke I have experienced so far :thumbup:

I thoroughly enjoyed this! Apart from some posts, generally from those who weren't so quick on the up-draw, got a little off color... "Why so serious?" I'm sure the mods got quite a kick out of many of the posts. I thought this was original and quite funny. This will be tough to top :laugh::classic:

@ Shadows: You might even lose members for the sake of this 'joke' as it obviously lasted too long.

If we lose a few people who can't see an obvious joke and get worked up over the name of the site when the content didn't change, that's just one more positive to the whole thing. :wink:

One of the funniest parts of this whole thing is some of those that were most 'spirited' against the change now saying, "yeah I knew the whole time. I just like to add fuel to the fire." :laugh:

Everyone is feeling like an idiot now and failing miserably to defend their dignity! :laugh: "I knew all along, I was just trying to get people riled up"? Please. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by 8BrickMario

Heh heh.. For a little while I was wondering if it wasn't a joke, it had stayed on for some time. :laugh:

As an American I found the joke funny! And what was even more hilarious was the overreactions from the folks who took it too seriously. :wink:

Well played guys!

Can we keep the banner for a themed month? I really like it. Especially the ostrich

:wink:

What an awesome April's Fool joke. Well done! I was surprised at how many fell for it, and reading the responses was quite hilarious.

Looking forward to next April already. :laugh:

Haha ... this was the best April Fool's joke from Eurobricks yet :laugh_hard: ! I can't wait to see what you cook up for next April 1st!

Eurobricks will continue to live on in my heart...

And is irreplaceable.

Euro.

Bricks.

Eurobricks.

wait, it's a joke? sorry, i really don't get it. i tought it was serius. it didn't bother me tough.

Honestly, I just came out of the shadows that is lurking, just to point out, that I found this hilarious.

And that I find stereotypes of the country I live in to be side-burstingly (yes I made that adverb up) good.

GoogledMurica-25630.jpg

So that's it?

It was all dream?

There's no place like home

gasdoc

one of several non european, non american readers here!