Shadows

AmeriBricks: It's up to YOU

You decide.  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the transition to AmeriBricks?

• Fuck yeah!
    • I want to have it's babies!!!
    • I love it!
    • I really like it.
    • It's pretty good.

Dear friends and members of the forum,

We were very excited to announce the transition of Eurobricks to AmeriBricks, and we expected you would be as well. Many of you were, but a few were slightly less enthusiastic to see this happening and some even chose to go into denial and declare it a joke, which it obviously wasn't. We've always been a community where the majority, and certainly an overwhelming majority have made the decisions, and things are no different now, if anything, it's more like that than ever.

So, here's the plan: we're going to let you vote and then proceed according to that vote, whatever it may be. How American is that?

Please be sure to vote and feel free to comment, but limit those comments to the question and not bashing people. It might be cooler to be American and we can certainly take the silly stereotypes and jabs, but that doesn't mean that this topic should become insulting to either side, so let's have a clean fight, nothing below the waist and no biting. Without permission. No biting without permission. :wink:

And ... begin!

EuroBricks/AmeriBricks Staff

i voted f**** yea sorry my mommy dosn't let me curse amerieca ia best country love it, and im very patriotic.

an kfc is american, how good is that.

Edited by just2good

I miss the option : megabluck what ?? I want it to be Eurobricks !

If you want to be really democratic, you should get your all your bases , even the negative one's.

Sorry , I want it to be Eurobricks, even with the transision to Ameribrickys, I will keep revering the site as EuroBricks. What's next ?? Will the Star Wars forum transformed into the Disney's Star Wars with mickey Mouse Forum ? ( I even think it's still a april 1st hoax )

Ohw, and to be honest : I'll take option : megabluck No !

I say no, don't get me wrong I like you americans but it just don't feel right. I am to used to Eurobricks.

But I have the feeling this is sill the April Fools joke that has gone further than it needed to :tongue:

Edited by Wall E2624

I miss the option : megabluck what ?? I want it to be Eurobricks !

If you want to be really democratic, you should get your all your bases , even the negative one's.

Sorry , I want it to be Eurobricks, even with the transision to Ameribrickys, I will keep revering the site as EuroBricks. What's next ?? Will the Star Wars forum transformed into the Disney's Star Wars with mickey Mouse Forum ? ( I even think it's still a april 1st hoax )

Pfft, can't you see? It does cover all the bases! It ranges from 'pretty good' to megabluck YEAH 'MURHIKA FOREVER! And babies of course. Not sure if that's more of the same or slightly less.

Why do you have to be so negative? You don't see the Ameribricks supporters being negative, so there's another vote in their favor. :grin:

Well, it does still seem like a very ill thought out joke to me as there is no option for a non American theme in the poll. So I feel that I am unable to cast a vote as my vote would be for the option that if it has to change then it should reflect a global community and not in anyway reflect on one continent (Or country if you think that way.) so we really need a better more inclusive choice to vote for, or accept that it is still an attempt at a joke but one that has now got out of hand and is becoming rather offensive in itself.

Why do you have to be so negative? You don't see the Ameribricks supporters being negative, so there's another vote in their favor. :grin:

Because :

1 . Has everything in the world be American to be good ?

2. What is wrong with EuroBricks

3. Are there so many Americans on this site to justify the name change.

4. No Europeans here ?

5. you say to be democratic, this does not give me any options but voting in favor .

6. The word F*** yeah drives me up the wall, megabluck megabluck megabluck megabluck megabluck bhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !

7. ohw yes, I'm fully aware that that says megablucks.

8. Still think this is a hoax !

9. Since this is Fu**yeahMuricaBrick, the E-mail system does not work,

10. I want it to be DutchBricks!!! Because it ain't much ,if it ain't Dutch !! and : As finishing touch , God created the Dutch !!

Reasons ?? got them , worked up ?? Nah , being negative is just another vote in favor it seems, so quit being "democratic" and get it done allready, so you can get back to buisness !!

Edited by Saint

So, here's the plan: we're going to let you vote and then proceed according to that vote, whatever it may be. How American is that?

Wow the vote is an American vote, all the choices are all the same, what a country :laugh:. I voted Fcuk Yeah, because I have a sense of humour, and get the joke. Edited by Mr Man

It seems the site admins has gone republican tea party and looking at this vote it looks like North Korea and the US apparently do have something in common after all...

I have visited this forum for years also before being a member and has always enjoyed the good tone here where people from all over the world met and talked about their favorite brick with out ever talking nations or us vs. them.

With this stupid idea or prank that has changed the last days which I find sad, so I think it is time for you to re-think this and get back to what this forum does best: being one of the WORLD's best forums for adult Lego fans from all over the WORLD!

6. The word F*** yeah drives me up the wall, megabluck megabluck megabluck megabluck megabluck bhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !

Ok, I confess, I agree there, but it's what Hinck used in his cool graphic for the change, so, like all of you, I am bending to the will of the people and accepting that annoying phrase. :laugh:

It seems the site admins has gone republican tea party and looking at this vote it looks like North Korea and the US apparently do have something in common after all...

I have visited this forum for years also before being a member and has always enjoyed the good tone here where people from all over the world met and talked about their favorite brick with out ever talking nations or us vs. them.

With this stupid idea or prank that has changed the last days which I find sad, so I think it is time for you to re-think this and get back to what this forum does best: being one of the WORLD's best forums for adult Lego fans from all over the WORLD!

I agree whole heartedly. I've tried to laugh along with a joke that was moderately funny but have been saddened by the discomfort that it is clearly causing for some users. The leaders of this site really need to consider the long term damage they may be causing to this community.

:classic: :classic:

It's not April the first, today...

What is this joke about renaming Eurobricks "Ameribricks" ? And this fake vote where you can only vote yes or yes ? I don't feel very american, you know, as I love France, my country, and I'lm european. Call this Occident Bricks and everyone will be happy. This kind of takeover over an international community is a shame.

If you wanna stay together on your very own private forum, europeans can leave, it's not a problem. We will create our own European Forums where you will not be autorized to connect. We can also start to boycott Bricklink vendors that are not europeans, what do you think about this cool idea ?

For the moment I'm also thinking about all these people from Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Asia and "non-american" areas. Don't know why you decided such a change, but excuse my outspokenness, it's the most stupid idea I've seen for a long time.

I voted for F$%# Yeah! But I do want it to have babies and every website could look like this! I have it on my toaster and now want a tattoo on my behind saying "Ameribricks, megabluck Yeah!" :grin:

Call this Occident Bricks and everyone will be happy.

:enough::ugh::facepalm::wall::damn:

This is ridiculous. I suggested a poll. but a poll with a "NO" or other negative answer. You are just making people agree to it to some degree. Give them a chance to say no, and maybe the results will change something. May I also suggest a " Yes, but I would like a non-patriotic banner" option?

What is this? A vote with only 1 side for the candidates? Are we in America or CCCP? Oh, wait.... :look:

Anyways I like it a bit. I vote for last option.

Actually what is this, first I thought this was a joke and played with it but it has gone on too long now. What is this USA nr 1 shit, hey Okay (not ok-ey) the majority of members are in the US and the Admins and mods majority also but here are members from around the globe (you can maybe notice that if you take of the US sunglasses)... hey this is a Lego enthusiast site, it should be about Lego and the love for it not boosting any more US on the world. Have you thought that there are/may be members from around the world, from countries who don´t really like and despises anything from USA.

Stop this joke now, it isn´t funny anymore!

Edited by Mencot

I'm American, and I think this is stupid. If it's for real, that stinks and will probably lose you some membership.

Yes, I will begone. I have loved this forum but if you choose to go on with this I will remove me from here.

And it has nothing to do with that it would be a US forum, because I am apart of many forums, Lego and others that are US based (Classic-Castle, therpf.com etc) but boosting US enthusiasm and patriotism etc is nothing I feel i wanna be part of... as said this is a LEGO site for fans of LEGO... not the US

I feel outraged.

I have always supported and will always support any act of democracy, but do you really call this a poll?

Can't you see that an obvious option is missing???

I won't vote until I can choose "Yes we can", period.

Edited by Oracle of Mechanus

Wow the vote is an American vote, all the choices are all the same, what a country :laugh:. I voted Fcuk Yeah, because I have a sense of humour, and get the joke.

[/Quote]

Why do people stereotype all Americans as bad or uncaring? And what's the matter with American patriotism? And when we vote, the choices are obviously not the same...

Edited by sologuy369