Sign in to follow this  
LegoJalex

MOC: TMNT - Classic town style

Perhaps this is how some of the TMNT sets would look like if it was released back in the 80s? :classic:

Turtle Party Wagon

8597626412_12f5eb7b76.jpg

Aprils Channel 6 Newsvan

8597630856_1abfa3c7b7.jpg

Leos Dragster

8596665309_ea99078a7f.jpg

Edited by LegoJalex

Just great, It would be awesome if they were released when I was a kid : )

I like this classic take on a new theme! The leo racer is my favorite!! Nice editing on the shots too! Over here in the UK The Turtles weren't allowed to be calle Ninja's after a ho hah over a bruce lee Flick. They were call the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles! :)

I'm not a huge fan of classic style (don't hurt me!), but these ones are great! More please :)

Edited by burlogh

... Over here in the UK The Turtles weren't allowed to be calle Ninja's after a ho hah over a bruce lee Flick. They were call the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles! :)

That explains a lot, I always wondered why I had different impressions as a kid.

On topic, very cool creations!!!

I like how you have re created all 3 vehicles! They all look very cute especially Leo 's dragster!

Thanks guys for all the nice comments! :grin:

Over here in the UK The Turtles weren't allowed to be calle Ninja's after a ho hah over a bruce lee Flick. They were call the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles! :)

Ah yes it was the same in Sweden. Ninja was for some reason a dangerous word :sceptic:

I'm not a huge fan of classic style (don't hurt me!), but these ones are great! More please :)

Thanks! I have a few more models ready, but it takes some time to make the backgrounds and take the photos. Hopefully I will find some time soon.

Is is wrong to tell you how much I love you? :laugh:

These are not only great MOC's, but they really do give me that 'retro' feeling. It fits both LEGO and TMNT quit well. Awesome! Totally awesome!

Is is wrong to tell you how much I love you? :laugh:

These are not only great MOC's, but they really do give me that 'retro' feeling. It fits both LEGO and TMNT quit well. Awesome! Totally awesome!

Thanks! :grin: No nothing wrong with that. :classic: Very flattering to read!

Edited by LegoJalex

I'm in love with that Turtle Van. Makes me wish LEGO would make a promotional set like it! :(

Great job!

Thanks! Yeah, it would be cool if they did! :sweet:

Thanks! Yeah, it would be cool if they did! :sweet:

Have you ever thought about creating some sort of "instructions" for your Turtle Vans? I love your almost chibi style. :)

Have you ever thought about creating some sort of "instructions" for your Turtle Vans? I love your almost chibi style. :)

No I haven't, not until now :classic: Never done any instructions before though. Do you use LDraw for it?

No I haven't, not until now :classic: Never done any instructions before though. Do you use LDraw for it?

Possibly. My first thought was possibly take pictures of the build step by step on Flickr. :)

Seems much easier in my opinion. I'm also in the process of trying to make the 80's turtles, so the van would compliment them incredibly well. I just need Leo and Don's heads.

Possibly. My first thought was possibly take pictures of the build step by step on Flickr. :)

Seems much easier in my opinion. I'm also in the process of trying to make the 80's turtles, so the van would compliment them incredibly well. I just need Leo and Don's heads.

I see. Maybe I will when I find the time. Will update about it. :) Looking forward to see your 80s Turtles!

I think I actually prefer these more than the actual sets. Well done! Great pictures, too.

Thanks alot! Nice to hear! :grin: