rongYIREN

MOC: Mecha-Rex

Hello all!

The latest MOC is of a mecha T-Rex catching a minifig by surprise.

Any critiques are welcome!

8620240749_3b7fe9ca01_c.jpg

8603099818_d0fe40a1d8_c.jpg

Thanks for taking a look.

rongYIREN

It's so cuuuuuuuuute! :laugh: I like the powerful look of that lower jaw.

This beast and the big tiger shark from Aquaraiders should battle!

You have to toss us some instructions for this! Or at least shots of it partially disassembled so I can make a LDD file for everyone :grin:

Edited by DrNightmare

Awesome. It has a perfect "tech-organic" look to it, plus an impressive-looking underbite.

Yep, with a name like that, I couldn't help but check it out. :devil:

Now, am I right in thinking that there aren't any exposed studs on Rex-y?

I really like the finger and toe designs, and 'DrNightmare' is right, that lower jaw looks really fierce.

The positioning in the first shot is great, but a close-up of the guy, with the rex's head just coming into the frame, would also be really cool.

Great MOC, you've managed to make something that not only looks great, but also has a lot of personality.

Very nice mech-Dino! I also love the expression of the minifig and the popping of the hat. Funny!

It's so cuuuuuuuuute! :laugh: I like the powerful look of that lower jaw.

This beast and the big tiger shark from Aquaraiders should battle!

You have to toss us some instructions for this! Or at least shots of it partially disassembled so I can make a LDD file for everyone :grin:

Actually I have an LDD file already but as I was building this with bricks I noticed a few spots that new revising, so I'll need to fix those few areas before I upload the file.

Awesome. It has a perfect "tech-organic" look to it, plus an impressive-looking underbite.

Don't just stand there, dude. RUN! :sing: Good job making a scene that appears to have a lot of animation.

Nice one! :thumbup:

I love how you've got the guy's hat popping off in surprise :grin:

Great to see this guy done! The colors and shaping are perfect, I like this guy a lot. :thumbup:

Very nice mech-Dino! I also love the expression of the minifig and the popping of the hat. Funny!

mecha plus dino :drool:

Thanks everyone! This guy's jaw is based off Grimlock's from the Animated series. I liked how it made him look tough but goofy at the same time.

Yep, with a name like that, I couldn't help but check it out. :devil:

Now, am I right in thinking that there aren't any exposed studs on Rex-y?

I really like the finger and toe designs, and 'DrNightmare' is right, that lower jaw looks really fierce.

The positioning in the first shot is great, but a close-up of the guy, with the rex's head just coming into the frame, would also be really cool.

Great MOC, you've managed to make something that not only looks great, but also has a lot of personality.

Thanks. I had to go check the MOC to see if there were any exposed studs but I found none. :classic:

I like your idea for a close up pic of the minifig's face with the dino coming into the frame. I'll have to get a shot of that when I break out the lightbox kit again.

The Mecha-Rex is perfect in every detail!!fantastic Mecha!especially I really like the head and his back!

Tremendous work yet again, the inclusion of the fig adds a lot :thumbup:

The shaping on the rex is superb as always and I love the pose you gave him :classic:

The Mecha-Rex is perfect in every detail!!fantastic Mecha!especially I really like the head and his back!

Tremendous work yet again, the inclusion of the fig adds a lot :thumbup:

The shaping on the rex is superb as always and I love the pose you gave him :classic:

just perfect :thumbup::laugh::thumbup:

thank you very much guys! I appreciate the kind words.

Pretty sure I already faved and/or commented on Flickr, but had to pop in here, too and say I love it. The Rex reminds me a bit of Grimlock from "Transformers Animated":

r_grimlock022.jpg

Pretty sure I already faved and/or commented on Flickr, but had to pop in here, too and say I love it. The Rex reminds me a bit of Grimlock from "Transformers Animated":

Absolutely! The inspiration for the Mecha-Rex's jaw came from the Animated Grimlock. He's one of my favorite characters from that toy line.

I love how you've got the guy's hat popping off in surprise :grin:

This ^ was one of the highlights for me as well haha

Besides, of course, that incredible Mechanized Terror...

Great Job man!!!!!

Ah! Next you need to do hard suit T-Rex. :)

Sweet mech! Great little scene too! I love how the guy's hat is popping off! :laugh: