Sign in to follow this  
MSP

[MOC] Babylon 5

Hello everyone.

I would like to show you my new MOC of the Babylon 5 space station from the homonymous TV series.

It has taken me 7 months to finish it. I started with LDD, changed the scale, changed again the scale :laugh:, almost give up (twice, at least), finalized the design, bought pieces, discovered LDD does not take into account Gravity Law :grin:, redesigned the internal structure and the "tail", bought more pieces, made some minor changes and finally there it was, my own Babylon 5.

It is 84 cm. long (33 inches) and it has of 2332 pieces (1904 of them are Plates, Tiles or Cheese Slopes and 270 are various types of Bricks 1x1).

I hope you like it:

B5_010.jpg

B5_020.jpg

B5_040.jpg

B5_050.jpg

B5_060.jpg

B5_090.jpg

B5_100.jpg

B5_130.jpg

B5_140.jpg

B5_200.jpg

You have greater resolution photos in Picasa and Flickr.

Very nice! Huge! Blur the focus to get rid of the studs, put it in a dark room and wait for the ships to arrive.

What a wonderful piece of work!

Andy D

Really cool and very UCS like... home that makes sense. Are you planning on tackling any other 5 stations or ships. Would like to see a Whitestar from you!

Fantastic MOC, a very detailed and faithful Lego rendition of the original model. I haven't seen too many Babylon 5 MOC's which is a shame as it was an excellent TV series. Do you have any more Babylon 5 MOC's planned?

Edited by Brinstar

Beautiful. All the colors are perfectly spread, and the building uses simple techniques to make a rather complex MOC.

Love it! It really captures the grandeur of the station. Well done, dude.

I second the request for a White Star, or a Minbari battle cruiser.

Do you have a pieces list and instructions for this build that you would be willing to share, I would love to build this for myself? rachelgilman2003@yahoo.com

Edited by Yogi247

I can't not comment on a Bab5 piece.  I know it's old and only dredged up by the suspicious posts above mine.

This is really great, have you done anything else with it over the years?