Hello everyone,

Seeing so many great bookends MOCs popping up online lately inspired me to try my hand at one.

Stargate remains one of my all time favorite Sci-Fi movies… and I just thought that the subject would be a perfect fit for this.

8616224596_9769ef8a4e.jpg

Stargate bookends by Yatkuu, on Flickr

8616222698_afb3fcf8f2.jpg

Stargate bookends - Abydos by Yatkuu, on Flickr

8615116921_8c8258992c.jpg

Stargate bookends - SGC by Yatkuu, on Flickr

8615113163_f1159769cc.jpg

Stargate bookends by Yatkuu, on Flickr

Each vignette is on a base of 18*18 and can either be connected to the other to form a larger diorama or used as bookends - or rather “dvd ends” as shown in this extra picture:

sgb1f.jpg

I was worried about finding a way to come-up with a convincing vortex effect.. it turned out that a simple printed sheet of paper is perfect!

If you liked this, you will perhaps also enjoy this other Stargate MOC I built a couple of years ago.

Thanks for watching!

I like how the two completley different environments compliment each other so well. The figs are a great choice, too. Do you guys know in what order I should watch the tv series' in, and the movies too? Iv'e only really seen the first movie, and that was like twenty something years ago. :wacko:

Thank you for the great feedbacks!

must be looking great on your bookshelf :thumbup:

It's one of these MOCs that I am definitely thinking of keeping... at least for a little while!

Do you guys know in what order I should watch the tv series' in, and the movies too? Iv'e only really seen the first movie, and that was like twenty something years ago. :wacko:

20 years!? Good grief, I'm re-watching it very often. My first advise, watch the movie again!

Then I guess you could start with the ten seasons of the SG1 series... the show had its ups and downs but overall it's pretty good.

The Atlantis spin-off was ok... I did not like the SG Universe.

Fantastic creation, it's just perfect. I'll probably watch the series again soon, definitely one of my favourite sci-fi series.

Wow. Those are amazing, and the choice of minifigs on Abydos is great too - Pharaoh's Quest and Chima work really well. The MALP is probably my favorite detail.

Great bookends! I have been putting together some thoughts for a Cafe Corner inspired bookend set.

Back to yours, they are really well done, looks like you go in one stargate, and come out the outer, after going through books.

You Abydos MOC remains one of my favorite as well.

Just ine question...

Are your bookends weighted?

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

I'll probably watch the series again soon, definitely one of my favourite sci-fi series.

I’m currently re-watching the SG1 series, I just bought the DVD boxset for a ridiculously cheap price on Amazon.

The show is definitely great but the fact that it lasted so long spoiled the magic of the movie and the beginnings in my opinion. Not that it’s a bad thing but it became something different along the way.

Pharaoh's Quest and Chima work really well.

The Anubis guard is - the best.Minifig.ever. - The Chima crow dude immediately made me think of a Jaffa too but I only used the helmet, the torso and legs are also from the Anubis guard MF.

stargate13.jpg

Are your bookends weighted?

I did not need to add weight but it should definitely be possible to do...the base is think enough to accomodoate a weight.

Thanks for the kind words on my Abydos scene too, I'm still very proud of that MOC which was one of my first coming out of my DA.

Hmm tried to post on this but it seems it didn't save my comment.

Another classic from your collection!

The Gate itself is perfect and there is lots to love here - the Chima head use gets a massive thumbs up from me. I'm nearly done on a Spa-gyptians fig set and that head was on my checklist :)

I love the occasional raised stud in the sand, that's a nice technique that I've not seen before. It's very cool!

These are cool! I'd love to have them at home :devil:.

Great concept and better design. Congratulations!

Awesome. It seems that whenever someone makes a LEGO bookend, awesomeness results.

Nice! These are really cool! Great idea for bookends :sweet:

Love it. I'm currently using a couple of the old Tie Fighters as bookends, but this (and a few other recent MOCs I've seen) is making me think it's time to come up with something a little bit more custom.