I'm not really an F1 fan, I'm mostly into classic American cars. But I am a car guy and can appreciate all sorts of vehicles. I recently bought the Technic Grand Prix Racer (set 42000), mostly for the parts, and after building it I thought I'd build a new one from scratch. I didn't model it after any particular car. I noticed when looking at Formula One cars there are many different designs, which gave me a lot of freedom to come up with my own version. I built the chassis first, with studless Technic beams. The suspension is functional and closely based on the original 42000 configuration. The steering is also functional. The car is exactly twice as long as it is wide, 32 by 64 studs, which is slightly shorter than the 42000 model.

8614499135_b1be066113_z.jpg

8615606992_e3651038c6_z.jpg

8615606792_fde44513c1_z.jpg

8614499259_fcfa7d1deb_z.jpg

8615607056_aa1356c89d_z.jpg

8614499203_371a581833_z.jpg

8614499351_198e58d0ac_z.jpg

8615606918_960e9c1315_z.jpg

My only critique is that the taper of the air ducts looks too simple, forced, single rate. and the front wing looks a bit too wide.

Other than that it looks cool. Is it RC? That's obviously the next step. I appreciate what the 42000 did with so few parts

Edited by Bzroom

Nah, it's not RC. This is just for looks, basically. I couldn't include all of those electronics within the geometry extents.

Stunning :thumbup: :thumbup:

In that yellow it's look at the old Jordan

Edited by VFracingteam

it looks really smooth, but i think you should make the air duct things on the side small and cover up the back part where there is a blue pin sticking out, otherwise it looks really good! :thumbup:

Thanks for the compliments!

...cover up the back part where there is a blue pin sticking out...

Oops, I thought I photoshopped the few blue pins I used so they wouldn't be obvious. I see I forgot a bit :P

Oops, I thought I photoshopped the few blue pins I used so they wouldn't be obvious. I see I forgot a bit :P

:O photoshop of pieces! ..just kidding, couldn't you just use he old black pins?

amazing, the air ducts look a bit odd from the back but the front...reminds me of a futuristic f1...Love it :thumbup: :thumbup:

:O photoshop of pieces! ..just kidding, couldn't you just use he old black pins?

Well, yeah, I could, if I had any. I just returned from the "dark ages" in late 2011, for the first time since the early 90's. All of the Lego I have now has been purchased in about a year and a half, and the vast majority of what I bought is new, so I only have the latest blue versions of the Technic 43093 and 6558 pins. I used Bricklink for my other MOCs, but for this latest build I only used what I had in stock. It wasn't really planned either... If this was an idea I had for a while and was going to plan out the entire build I would have ordered all sorts of parts. But the F1 car was just a random thought I had when I completed the 42000 model. I had new suspension parts and wheels/tires from the Grand Prix Racer, and a ton of yellow bricks from my big hot rod project, so this is what happened. It only took me a week (the hot rod took me about six months) with just the parts I had (the hot rod required several dozen Bricklink orders in the hundreds of dollars). The car has a few faults, but it turned out better than expected. Don't worry... for my next big planned build I intend to have all the right pieces in the correct colors :P

as lego doesn't produce the black pins, they are slightly rare, as i only have one of them :tongue:

and thats a really good build anyways from the pieces you have!

Lego really needs to decide on only one way to make yellow bricks; the color inconsistencies are really apparent in this big model... Great moc though, I love combining technic with system bricks, looks awesome.

Edited by TwentyLeggedHen

Stunning! So impressive,

I think it looks like a stylized F1. Very cool and original, and great job! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: