Round 2 stud diameter “plate” with three axle pin holes, each apart 120° — to replace crankshaft middle part, which allows us to make engines with correct piston stroke sequences, and the same plate with two holes 146° apart (twice 72° a pentagon angle)

uweOlQy.png

An inverted toroidal “cone” with axle pinholes on its sides to be able creating a toroidal continuos variable transmission

CVT%20toroidal%20copy.jpg

How about a new, strong bevel gear, like the existing 20t but stronger ?

A wheel with large hub and small tire, so you can pack it full of steering parts for better steering geometry ?

A larger "clutch" gear similar to the existing 16t clutched gear, but in 24, 36, and 40t

A stronger 36t gear

I want longer tow-ball/axle connectors. Mine won't stay connected in my 8880. They're always coming off.

it will also be easy to make u joints that way too.

oooh yes it would :devil: but it would need to be without the 'friction ridges' .... maybe lego just needs to make stronger u-joints as a single piece? I think it's been a long time since we've gotten an updated u-joint...

oooh yes it would :devil: but it would need to be without the 'friction ridges' .... maybe lego just needs to make stronger u-joints as a single piece? I think it's been a long time since we've gotten an updated u-joint...

2008... that's not long compared to the last one (1973-2009) :sceptic:

:laugh: my bad, still, anything can happen...

Well, i wish they would bring back the red one, but 3 L

Your avatars together look funny... :tongue: I agree about the u-joints...

Edited by Porty

female technic figures.

Never mind just Female, how about any TECHNIC Figures, in current (fashionable) clothing?

There are some things I've always wanted since ever.

l9BFgLi.jpg

First one: A part that can connect two beams that has got ½ a stud offset

Second one: A part that can connect two beams that has got ½ a stud between them.

Up until this point, I have relied heavily on my substitution skills and the pole reverse handle

Never mind just Female, how about any TECHNIC Figures, in current (fashionable) clothing?

Yeah, but if you build big enough, you can use figma figures instead. Along the lines of this, maybe make the figures a bit bigger, or smaller for scale?

Yeah, but if you build big enough, you can use figma figures instead. Along the lines of this, maybe make the figures a bit bigger, or smaller for scale?

So even ones ranging to a little bigger than a minifig to even ones that can sit its self in the unimog!

I've made mock ups of two of my ideas:

F motor

fmotor.jpg

It's a high speed motor, longer than the L motor, and faster. The orange connectors represent output shafts, with the second one on the motor passing completely for direct wheel connection.

Trafficator box.

intergrated_trafficator.jpg

It's an integrated box for making turn signals. The black tile is a switch controlling witch output port gets turned on when the channel this thing is connected to is activated one way or the other. The round knob is to control flashing rate, the red and blue tiles simply indicate left and right.

I've also got more ideas:

5x5 flat panel

5x7 flat panel

5x5 frame

an updated version of the flex system

32 and 48 tooth gears, to allow more options with 16 tooth gears.

Studless gear racks, without the stupid end connectors. The ones with the end connectors are only useful for steering, really. For crane booms and other things you need to use the old 4L gear racks. I kind of want updated versions of those, sized the same as existing gear racks.

Here is something ive been working on,

21kvxc5.jpg

The reason is that I think The LEGO Company have to take into account usability, matirials, ease of manufacter, saftey, strengh, etc this part can be used as a 32184 part but with the cross and pinholes inverted, you simply get another one and rotate it so its connectedby the cross holes in the center however this is also compabable with thin beams and other connectors.

Note that the section linking the two holes is solid, and dosnt go in and has no tiny slit cut out for the axle hole (not that official 0.5L axle holes do anyhow)

This can be used as a reguar 32184 but can hinge in the middle either by 90 degrees in the cross hole or more finley by linking the two pin holes together in the middle.

If you put two pin holes/axle holes back to back you get another new connection too.

You can put two together like a 6536 but put a cross hole with a pin hole and a cross hole with a pin hole, now it will be able to hinge in two places.

If you have thin liftarms you can put them with this too for example a ++,+o+,+oo+ or +ooo+ liftarm can be added to the crosshole of this connector . 42003

Edited by SNIPE

I agree with everything I've seen so far.

Here are my additions:

-One of these 32184.jpg?0, but with the axle and pin hole reversed.

Now this would be usefull for making centrifugal governors, because you have the axle hole in the middle and the pin holes on the out.

Here is something ive been working on,

28vdhlt.jpg

The reason is that I think The LEGO Company have to take into account usability, matirials, ease of manufacter, saftey, strengh, etc this part can be used as a 32184 part but with the cross and pinholes inverted, you simply get another one and rotate it so its connectedby the cross holes in the center however this is also compabable with thin beams and other connectors.

Note that the section linking the two holes is solid, and dosnt go in and has no tiny slit cut out for the axle hole (not that official 0.5L axle holes do anyhow)

This can be used as a reguar 32184 but can hinge in the middle either by 90 degrees in the cross hole or more finley by linking the two pin holes together in the middle.

If you put two pin holes/axle holes back to back you get another new connection too.

You can put two together like a 6536 but put a cross hole with a pin hole and a cross hole with a pin hole, now it will be able to hinge in two places.

If you have thin liftarms you can put them with this too for example a ++,+o+,+oo+ or +ooo+ liftarm can be added to the crosshole of this connector . 42003

That would be a great part to use with the thin liftarms.

You probably already know mine, but for the sake of completeness, here's some of my renders.

pneumatic_long.jpg

new_gears.jpg

pneumatic_switch_idea.jpg

technic_xl_turntable_partially_assembled.jpg

And some of Barmans awesome ideas:

11_kogellink.jpg

12_kogellink_3d.jpg

13_extension_tube_5l.jpg

14_shock_absorber_7l.jpg

That is alot of good ideas right there. I agree that there needs to be more free floating gears sizes beside this gear--> 6542b.jpg and gears in general. The Differential definitely needs to be made stronger.

I'm working on a new diff design, 3:1 reduction, 3 times stronger than the one we have, compatible with both spur and bevel gears, requires the addition of a single belt to make the diff action stiff for off roading. Still trying to think of a good way of making it easily lockable within a 3 wide area.

Edit, here ya go!

new_diff_exploded.jpg

new_diff_assembled.jpg

Edited by allanp

Can someone explain why it would be great? Obiviously it is stronger but what else?

I'd rather have a 3x3x3 diff gearbox, possibly with metal gears. Most of the time the large size and needed bracing makes

the current diff hard to use and yours seems even bigger.