So here is the funny part.

I was going to do this as an April Fools Joke LAST YEAR!! But then I decided to take the high road, thinking that Eric had enough on his plate.

My hope was to show the overwhelming interest the general public has in getting 1996 (and ya know, 97-13) done.

So, lets show our interest!!

It's an unrivalled source of information about the mechanics of the sets, so I'm definitely interested :wink:

Scathing. You even had me going for a minute there. I thought maybe I posted something without remembering I did it. I am probably just busy and confused enough lately that that could have happened!

In the meantime let's give Blakbird some inspiration and everybody else a little teaser...

8207-1.jpg

8223-1.jpg

8230-1.jpg

8244-1.jpg

Maybe the update is not coming because of THAT crummy set and Blakbird having to build all 9 of these tiny boring builds?

8286-1.jpg

I own that one, it's actually pretty underrated. A sequel of sorts to the arctic action theme of the 80s.

8408-1.jpg

8425-1.jpg

Love that one - still occupies the 2nd spot for best Technic planes they did to date. (8855 is 1st)

8443-1.jpg

8456-1.jpg

THAt one disappointed me. besides the speedboat (featured above), none of the models have any cool functions.

8480-1.jpg

Still my favorite TOWN/CITY set of all time. :tongue:

Hey, it's minifig scale and is based on modern life. So it fits the City theme! :wink:

img_1743.jpg

Edited by SheepEater

Maybe the update is not coming because of THAT crummy set and Blakbird having to build all 9 of these tiny boring builds?

Actually, you are right. There are really a lot more than 9 possible combinations. Deciding how to document this one is a challenge.

THAt one disappointed me. besides the speedboat (featured above), none of the models have any cool functions.

This is another example in which I need to build and document multiple models.

You will also notice based on the last post that there are a LOT of models to document for 1996. However, that's no excuse for not updating the site for years.

Just do 1 of the models for 8244 then - and don't even render it. I doubt anybody will hold it against you. :laugh:

That site is such an excellent example of what can be done, I often find my self wishing for 36hour days, am sure Blakbrid is in the same place, nice one love the renders as well

Opening this topic on 2 April just leads to heartbreak and rage :look::cry_sad::angry:

Now please excuse me, I think I'm going to be sick from the dissapointment :sick:

Edited by phool