gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi,

For your consideration I present to you my very first MOC. Oh-Totoro from the anime My Neighbour Totoro by Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli.

Totoro3_company.jpg

This is a work in progress as mentioned where I will refine the construction and try different poses and I also plan to add Chuu-Totoro and Chibi-Totoro to the company. I am currently building the first physical version of the large Totoro (Oh-Totoro) to check and refine its construction. Also I would like to place the characters in a small environment that will add to the experience. Feedback is greatly appreciated. Stay tuned for coming updates.

Totoro2b.jpg

Totoro2b_3q.jpg

This little project turned out so promising that I have also published it as a LEGO Cuusoo project as, to my surprise, I couldn't find any Totoro project on Cuusoo. So if you want you may vote for it over att the following link:

LEGO Cuusoo My Neighbour Totoro

Thanks to sherrycayheyhey for the LEGO ball tutorial (http://www.instructa...ke-a-Lego-Ball/).

Earlier sketches, as you can see the smaller Totoros will require a lot more work to get right:

Totoro_company.jpg

Totoros_left.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

That's great! Your Totoro is really well done! I love the ghibli studios too! :wub: Lego ghibli: that would be awesome! I support your cusoo! :sweet:

Thanks for your appreciation. I have been building on a physical version that I can finally show. Unfortunately I'm still missing six pieces that I have been forced to use replacements for of the wrong kind and wrong colour. I will continue to refine the model and test different poses och I will also move on the two smaller Totoros to see if I can build them in a nice way. More updates coming...

Totoro_physical_portrait.jpg

Totoro_physical_3angles.jpg

Totoro_physical_3q.jpg

And if you like you may of course vote for this project on LEGO CUUSOO:

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/37042

Regards,

Johan I

Finally, after almost a whole year, an update! I have changed the colour of the belly to the more appropriate light bluish grey. And finally, I have built another pose with Totoro's characteristic big grin and holding an umbrella. I have some ideas for other poses, we'll see how long before the next update...

And, as always, if you like you may vote for this project on LEGO CUUSOO: (http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/37042).

2014-03-16_Totoro_9.jpg

2014-03-16_Totoro_3.jpg

2014-03-16_Totoro_1.jpg

2014-03-16_Totoro_4.jpg

2014-03-16_Totoro_5.jpg

2014-03-16_Totoro_6.jpg

2014-03-16_Totoro_8.jpg

2014-03-16_Totoro_11.jpg

2014-03-16_Totoro_13.jpg

2014-03-16_Totoro_19.jpg

Regards,

Johan Israelsson

Wow! We love Totoro in our house! First saw the film 20 years ago with my five year old son. The book is wonderful, too. Thanks for building a character so dear to us.

Hoi hoi

Love it ! :wub: :wub: Great jop.

I'm big fan of Totoro, (And all the Ghibli movie's)

Muddy

Thanks for your kind words. I will gladly provide the LDD-file, however I am still a bit embarrassed of a few solutions that are not rigid enough at the moment. Mainly the feet. Just let me try to fix them a bit and then I will gladly provide the LDD-model. I guess you would have to wait for a very long time for a possible CUUSOO one. :)

Regards,

Johan I

Love this! Particularly the version with the giant grin and the pink umbrella. Can't wait to show this to the kiddo later... Totoro is one of our favorite movies at home.

Thanks for your kind words. I will gladly provide the LDD-file, however I am still a bit embarrassed of a few solutions that are not rigid enough at the moment. Mainly the feet. Just let me try to fix them a bit and then I will gladly provide the LDD-model. I guess you would have to wait for a very long time for a possible CUUSOO one. :)

Regards,

Johan I

Hi, my wife loves Totoro and Lego, so i wanna build your design for her, could you share your LDD file please?

wow!! love the big grin model, complete with his leaf. thank you for building and sharing this. he is stunning!

... well I have finally after a few years gotten back to updating this a little bit. Sorry for the very very very long delay but life happened.

The essentials are the same I have only added some flourish to it and posted it again to LEGO Ideas (My Neighbour Totoro on LEGO Ideas).

LEGOTotoro01.jpg

LEGOTotoro02.jpg

LEGOTotoro03.jpg

LEGOTotoro04.jpg

LEGOTotoro05.jpg

Unfortunately I previously had a copycat posting my exact Totoro design to LEGO Ideas as their own but luckily it was taken down.

I will try to look into how much work it would be to build the model in perhaps the Studio app and share but I'm quite busy at work at the moment so please don't hold your breath.

Best,

Johan I