Shadows

Welcome to Ameribricks.com - Major Changes Coming!

What's wrong with "US?" :look:

Just to name something vague, but that still somehow bothers me, is the fact that, U.S. citizens think America is a country, while it isnt... and apparently non U.S. citizens also name and even curse "Americans" while the ones to blame are from a part of north america, and not for the whole continent... I also dislike this " 'Murica " name/meme/whatever that has shown up lately, which leads to the same topic I was stating before.

I could number a list of more well based and more important reasons, but I am not trying to enter any discussion or figthing, neither would I do if this change stays, I'll continue showing up on forums, coz I love lego more than I dislike the change.., I was just stating how I felt about this specific change...guess it'll relief a little when classic pirates change to their own lovely forum skin... I really miss that piratey feeling.

Either way, I still feel, (and hope) it is just an extended joke..I just imagine mods eating popcorn and enjoying the show while every other user want to take their hair out of their heads...still it has gone a little out of the "funny" side...if there was any fun at all in the 1st place..

The staff REQUESTED our opinions. Why do you feel the need to be demeaning just because our opinion differs from yours, when it was actually ASKED for?

Further signs of immaturity and arrogance...

I have no issue with yours and others opinions, even if they do differ from mine. The unwad comment was to the people 'threatening' to leave because a banner at the top says something different. Allnthe while, the sub forums are the same, the members are the same, the topics and discussion remain the same. Sure, there's some sprinkling of AmeriBricks in other topics, bit it'll die off soon enough.

Also, the unwad comment wasn't meant to be demeaning in any way, just to calm down and breathe and to quit taking this so seriously.

I love the change! I think that it's great that you're catering to your actual membership and to all the haters if you don’t like the change why not leave and join Commiebricks?

The one thing that the site change was missing was a life sized Lego gun contest. But I’m sure that will be fixed in due time. :classic:

Edited by MacK

No... no... let's fire it up :devil: (and no offence taken, and not wanting anyone to feel that way either, but I do think many of the comments are just priceless)

And unfortunately, that is what I am now seeing.

Trolls.

I thought the Lego community was a bit more mature than that, at least here on Eurobricks for how it was moderated...

Seems they have allowed it to descend into something which lets forum trolls have free reign to offend people and seem to be backing it by allowing this farce to continue without ANY input from the forum moderators whatsoever.

Keep trolling and fanning the flames guys, let's see what this 'nice Lego community' is really like...

You know, I meant no offence, I guess some of us are taking this name change (which is a JOKE) a little more humorUoSly than others. I understand that's not the case for all members, which is perfectly fine.

But to outright call me a troll while being a very quiet member of Eurobricks (yes, Eurobricks :classic: ) for four years is a little over the top. Although you're right that I was fanning the flames, it was all in good humour, which should have been clear from all the smiley icons in my post that you quoted.

Well, no hard feelings from my side, I've enjoyed the moderators' prank, and understand that you & others haven't, or have been offended by certain comments. I am convinced that none of these comments were intentionally meant as insults or to be demeaning. I actually enjoy reading many of your comments in the SW forum.

Although I don't participate actively on this forum, I think it's a great LEGO community, and find it an invaluable resource with regards to my love of LEGO, no matter the site is called :cry_happy:

Peace, fellow AFOL

Just to name something vague, but that still somehow bothers me, is the fact that, U.S. citizens think America is a country, while it isnt...

Country? Or did you mean to say continent here? If the latter then I agree

Ameribricks is ok I guess. It's a hell of a lot better than 'Eurobricks' but I still feel like it wasn't the best option. If you had more detailed information on your demographics, I'm sure you'd see that the majority of your membership is in Texas and you would change the name accordingly. We fly our state flag higher than everyone else, we eat more, drink more, have more guns, and wear bigger shoes! It only stands to reason that we make up the biggest portion of this community or, at the very least, are more important than the rest of your community.

Reading through this thread has made my stomach ache from laughing. The people feeling 'left out' by the 'name change' are funny but the few Americans that have been getting butt hurt about stereotypes have really made my day. Thanks Ameribricks!

Yeah more fighting! This place is getting more American by the second :wub:

(Pushes you into drunkard by accident)

(Drunkard throws bottle, missing you and hitting a biker, starting Bar Brawl)

Is that 'Murican enough? :snicker:

Country? Or did you mean to say continent here? If the latter then I agree. Even being American I feel like everyone here thinks we are our own separate entity and that the rest of North America doesn't exist.

I meant country of course, uhmmm, correct me if I am wrong, but, the actual name of the country is United States of America, thats what U.S.A. stands for, right?, which is inside of North America, who is part of America, the actual continent, with lotta more countries and people. Referring to America as just U.S. is excluding every other country, and we, central and south folks, are americans too, we live in the same continent after all :O its even confusing when we hear insults and the like to americans, since we are also americans, but everyone is just used to hear "America" and think about United States, that's what I was talking about.

To give you an example:

Also, besides North America, have you heard of South America?

We call it Texas.

Edited by Yawgmoth

It depends on where you live. Most English speakers know what 'America' refers to without any confusion. Even in Japanese, the word for USA? America :wink:

^^ Exactly. I'm not sure about this in other countries, but there is no "America" continent. There is North and South, 2 separate continents. so for most people, "America" is the country.

Also for your example, that was a joke. Hinckley sure does know how to be funny. XD

^^ Exactly. I'm not sure about this in other countries, but there is no "America" continent. There is North and South, 2 separate continents. so for most people, "America" is the country.

Also for your example, that was a joke. Hinckley sure does know how to be funny. XD

I know it was a joke, still serves as a clear example :wink:

Anyway, as I said before, it was just something almost insignificant that bothered me, that in english, it was just adopted to call their country as "America"..I am not pretending to give anyone a lesson of geography or anything hehe, was just that, something a little annoying for me :P

Edited by Yawgmoth

Well it's not like we actually believe that. :grin: It just was confusing when you said that "which is inside of North America, who is part of America, the actual continent." (Because no one I know of thinks America as 1 whole continent.)

Without fanning the flames... If we can all refrain from responding to this thread for a few days, it will all go away and the banner will revert to the March 30 banner...

Just MHO

Andy D

I really am starting to think this is a joke. Search up "Eurobricks" what happens? Exactly, it shows a link to this page and the description mentions Eurobricks. If this was true, it would have a link to "AmeriBricks".

J2G, are you back in your "bad grammar/spelling" character? Why? Is it to say how stupid this all is? I agree. If we stop complaining, then it will go back to Eurobricks or keep the name (which I now can accept) and make the banner neutral to any country. By the way, I dislike the 'Murica meme as well. It's been driving me crazy on this thread. One more thing. This is the nastiest discussion I've ever seen on this forum. (Whatever it's called!)

Edited by 8BrickMario

So, you joined to reveal your anger about the Chima theme (yet you say you're a Cragger fan :look: ), so you'll be mad if the site changed its name? :wacko: Doesn't really make sense..... (Just know that I'm poking fun at you. :tongue: )

Ninjaing (yeah that's a word) comes natural to me because I'm a 'Murican! And that guy, I think, is a fan of Cragger being good. Hence Good Cragger Fan. :wink:

Well, he said he hated Chima. Still, his post made no sense either way. :sadnew:

This is me going off-topic here:

For the record, I really like the Legends of Chima theme and thus do not hate it. It is just that I really, really like anthromorphic (and real) reptiles and thus the Crocodile tribe, especially Cragger and Crominus (but not Cragger's sister, Crooler :sick: -- I really, really, really DESPISE her, for her in hipnotising Cragger via an orchid to do evil things :damn:, like destroy his (former) best friend, Laval, his allies and family and steal all of their Chi orbs :thumbdown:), as the Crocodile tribe is the only reptile tribe in the land of Chima as of right now (and for the forseeable future, if not for the entire life span of the theme). Thus, I really, hate it when LEGO stereotypes all of the Crocodiles as evil (via the red backgrounds that are benind the close-up pictures of the Crococdile minifgures on the LEGO sets' box art -- a red background means that the minifigure that is in question on the LEGO set box art is a villain (or villainess), whereas a blue background means that the the minifigure that is in question on the LEGO set box art is a hero (or heroline) -- in the Legends of Chima books' discriptions of the Crocodile tribe), rag-tag warriors (via their tattered capes and torn clothing in being printed on their torsos and legs), when only some of the Crocodlies are actually villains, in reality, like Crooler and Cragger (only when he is hipnotised by Crooler's orchid), while some of the other Crocodiles, like Crominus, Crunket and Cragger (when he is not hipnotised by Crooler's orchid), are actually either heros (or herolines) or neutral, in reality, in the land of Chima, so I find it very insulting to the Crocodile tribe (and all anthromorphic reptiles, for that matter, especially in LEGO minifigure form) that the LEGO company protrays them all as rag-tag bad characters in the land of Chima!! :angry::damn::thumbdown:

This is me going back on-topic here:

This "Ameribricks" thing has gone on long enough here. Therefore, I strongly think that the Administators and Moderators should (figuratively) come clean here and tells us the truth about whether this is an April Fool's joke or not an April Fool's joke, so we can put this matter to rest once and for all time's sake! :wink:

Also what is a "'Murican", "TrumpetKing", if you don't mind me asking you? :look:

Edited by Good Cragger Fan

It is just a dumb way to say "American". I wish it never started!

Edited by 8BrickMario

is the supposition that American LEGO fans need something familiar in an international LEGO forum? Because that would imply that many American users feel uncomfortable when they visit a LEGO forum and see no sign of their flag or some cowboys or any of the other stereotypes and that's a thing I can't believe.

No. The only thing we look for is a language we all can speak.

And that's English.

-Omi

I'm sorry if I offended you or something, Good Cragger Fan, but that is how your post sounded. I really don't follow the whole Chima thing, I personally don't care for the theme at all, but your wording sounded as if you didn't like the Chima theme. Sorry.

I, for one, whole-heartedly support the change; thanks to Ameribricks, my toaster has been running at 4x capacity!

God bless Ameribricks!

Ameribricks is ok I guess. It's a hell of a lot better than 'Eurobricks' but I still feel like it wasn't the best option. If you had more detailed information on your demographics, I'm sure you'd see that the majority of your membership is in Texas and you would change the name accordingly. We fly our state flag higher than everyone else, we eat more, drink more, have more guns, and wear bigger shoes! It only stands to reason that we make up the biggest portion of this community or, at the very least, are more important than the rest of your community.

Reading through this thread has made my stomach ache from laughing. The people feeling 'left out' by the 'name change' are funny but the few Americans that have been getting butt hurt about stereotypes have really made my day. Thanks Ameribricks!

YEEEEHAAAAWWWWW!