Shadows

Welcome to Ameribricks.com - Major Changes Coming!

I heard LEGO also is planning to change the usual red color to the Coca Cola brand´s red.

And the usual yellow to the McDonalds fries yellow!

I was about to say, this has to be an April fool's joke. :grin:

Well done, for a moment you got me.

Edited by Tabris

I think Ameribricks isn't going far enough - I would have gone with Freedom Bricks or something more patridiotic like that.

Also, I suggest a mandatory questionnaire before allowing Non-Americans to join the site (at least naming all the legitimate American Presidents and listing all the sates in alphabetic order)

Nonsense. Who is this "Tim Berners Lee"? He sounds like a fruit.

Everyone knows Al Gore and DARPA invented the Internet.

Frankly, I think the change is garbage. I know that EB has been becoming more American ( :sick: ) but there are still lots of members in Europe, plus a lot of important staff in Australia and myself in Asia. Worldbricks would have been the more sensible change, that was voted down from what I've heard. I will continue to support the site, since I've put a lot of hours in here over the past five years, but I expect the site to haemorrhage users over this change.

Yeah, but you came from America. Well, Canada...

Nothing against the Americans here, but if we have to change, can we make it "AussieBricks"? "AmeriBricks" just doesn't roll off the tongue very easily.

It's better than my first suggestion: UnitedStatesaBricks.

Yeah, but you came from America. Well, Canada...

I know the difference between America and the Americas :laugh: Canada is the part of Americas that isn't red, white, and blue. Though to be fair, in different languages of the world, America does mean more than just the USA. I guess I figured you folks were relying on American English. :sceptic:

Im not sure if I should be insulted be that first pic on page 1 or if we're all being punked. Put me down for both!

Edit: Yeah, you had me for a minute, well done indeed.....now I will single handedly

spam evvvvvver thread on this site! Bwahhhhhh!!!!

Kidding.

Edited by Im a brickmaster.

Love the new name change and layout.. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I just bought the domain name www.crowlovers.com... My webmaster is hard at work making the needed changes right now for the big switch... I felt it was time to stop being so angry towards these misunderstood birds...

At last :thumbup: !

Even if I´m an European I strongly support this move.

And the proofs are everywhere:

What about the Canadians? :o

In any case this is pretty good for April Fool's, you had me sitting at my laptop thinking 'wat' for a couple seconds when I first pulled up the forums.

Yes! I love this, especially the banner. :wub:

I'm glad for the name change, as I get mocked if I say I'm part of "Eurobricks" and people think I'm odd for not joining an American AFOL website, this change has helped my self-esteem a lot.

Now I don't have to hang my head, now I can proudly show both my patriotism, and my FOL-ism. This is a great day, a marvelous day, an American day!

"Oh, say can you see, the change from Eurobricks-y...."

Came here today just to see what fun the mods had in store for us this year, this is by far the best one yet. Now I'm going to go through all the pages looking for all the greatest comments.

Do you have plans to replace the pirate section with a cowboys and Indians section?

The LEGO Pirates theme was set in the Caribbean which is in Central America, so this change helps to reflect the geography of the theme.

Its about time. I've been getting sick of having to explain why I was a member of eurobricks, when I live in America.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Steve

Personally, I'm aware that this is a joke, but I'm not finding it very funny. It's one thing to joke about changing the name, but it's another to take it as an opportunity to dump out a metric tonne of anti-American stereotypes and blather. Why not joke about, say, AussieBricks, where children are forcibly separated from their parents into the 21st century and everyone has a proclivity for getting frisky with sheep? Or perhaps take some shots at Afribricks, where functioning government is a joke in and of itself, STDs are more prevalent than the common cold, and brutality and corruption are normal? Or even adapt Eurobricks to be more accurate, with a penchant for violence and genocide, Kafkaesque bureaucracy, and a habit of hiding behind the U.S. and whining about our foibles? Offensive stereotypes of groups and nations aren't really part of what I've come to enjoy about the Eurobricks experience.

I know the difference between America and the Americas :laugh: Canada is the part of Americas that isn't red, white, and blue. Though to be fair, in different languages of the world, America does mean more than just the USA. I guess I figured you folks were relying on American English. :sceptic:

No, silly. Canada is Canadian. America is the United States.

PHEW!!

It was just blind luck I checked in this morning!

Was just about to go down to the local tattoo parlour to get the Eurobricks logo done across my shoulders. But then I saw this and changed it to the new Ameribricks logo.

I have just gotten the outline done today. Tomorrow they will fill in the colours.

Cant wait!

Personally, I'm aware that this is a joke, but I'm not finding it very funny. It's one thing to joke about changing the name, but it's another to take it as an opportunity to dump out a metric tonne of anti-American stereotypes and blather. Why not joke about, say, AussieBricks, where children are forcibly separated from their parents into the 21st century and everyone has a proclivity for getting frisky with sheep? Or perhaps take some shots at Afribricks, where functioning government is a joke in and of itself, STDs are more prevalent than the common cold, and brutality and corruption are normal? Or even adapt Eurobricks to be more accurate, with a penchant for violence and genocide, Kafkaesque bureaucracy, and a habit of hiding behind the U.S. and whining about our foibles? Offensive stereotypes of groups and nations aren't really part of what I've come to enjoy about the Eurobricks experience.

None of those places are representative of the shift in our member base. Did you even read my post? Americans. :hmpf:

Oh, wait. Americans! :thumbup: