Rufus

FABULAND Building: Gibson Goat's Toadstool Tavern

8604482838_354c6af8d5_c.jpg

After the horrifying events in Winter Haven, Gibson Goat and his friend Cameron Crocodile decided to retire from the dangerous game of defending the world from Demon Legions and instead open a Tavern inside a hollowed-out mushroom. Standing proud in its idyllic setting beside a burbling brook, amidst a meadow of pretty flowers, the Toadstool Tavern is a sanctuary for Fabulanders to relax and unwind.

8603331547_4bcdc95fcb_c.jpg

The Tavern lies next to a road, within easy reach of the town; for those who have traveled by horse there is a stable yard for their weary steeds to rest and play. Ale is always in demand, and Cameron is ready with a few extra barrels to slake the animals' thirst.

8603357681_a285a3eea4_c.jpg

Inside, the Toadstool is small but cozy, with a warm fire for those chilly evenings. Here Helen Hippo and Pancho Parrot seem to have engaged in a drinking competition - by the looks of Helen's empty bottle, I'd say she's winning. :wink:

Of course, all that beer has to go somewhere. A little door behind the fireplace provides access ...

8603341541_59611b13ca_c.jpg

... to Gibson's little addition to the Toadstool - a makeshift outhouse. You know what those animals are like! :snicker: Plumbing isn't FABULAND's stongest feature, though, so the area beneath it is best avoided. Quite why the Walrus has decided to have a bath there is anyone's guess; mucky pup.

A spiral staircase climbs the inside of the mushroom. Upstairs is Gibson's little refuge from the world:

8603349335_6393bbdcc7_c.jpg

His open-plan living space features a double bed, a wardrobe, a fully fitted kitchen, an open fireplace and a plush bathroom. Every goat has his little secrets. :grin:

Hope you enjoyed the tour! For more pictures, see the flickr set.

Thanks for reading!

Pandora and Rufus

Disclaimer: The characters Gibson Goat and Cameron Crocodile technically belong to Hinckley, but we think we made them our own.

This is really amazing. :wub:

It's so wonderfully detailed, both inside and outside. You managed to pack so much on just two baseplates. I like all the "edgy" little details on the top floor and outside. The landscaping outside looks excellent. I especially like the vibrant colours of the flowers. The brick-built sunflowers fit Fabuland scale really well. I especially like the bridge across the stream and the little waterfall beneath it. The outhouse is a great addition... filthy walrus. :tongue:

We seem to be enjoying our drinks and snacks outside. :sweet: I wonder what Gibson Goat is playing for our entertainment. :look:

excellent idea/execution. What's your favorite Fabuland piece?

Thank you! What a difficult question. For me, I'd say the Carpet Beater. There's nothing else like it in LEGO.

What's your favorite Fabuland piece?

Although I do like the accordion, I'm also a big fan of the watering can, although that was in Scala and Belville as well.

Oh wow. :wub: This is all sorts of awesome, brilliant idea with using the toadstool as a building, and so packed with great details too! :sweet:

This is just amazing! So many gorgeous details inside and out. I love the sunflowers :wub: , hanging flower basket, fireplace and double bed. Extra points, too, for including Friends parts!

Wow. This is *stunning*! My eyes are almost getting sore from moving around and looking at all the amazing and awesome details in this build. There's so much joy! I want to live in a mushroom too :classic:

It really is amazing. Fully modular, with all those play features and details - and so much humor. The building/mushroom in itself is great, but the landscaping with that little brook, the bridge and the tree makes it even greater. Wonderful!

My jaw just dropped all the way to the floor ... This is amazing! I love it :wub_drool:

Oh, looks like they have some skeletons in the closet :look::laugh:

*oh2* Wow! I love it !! :wub: This is...wow!...this is so great! The mushroom is so cool. It looks like a fairy tale picture, this is so beautiful ! :wub:

I love :wub_drool: them living in a toadstool! What a beautiful and creative creation. The interior is so amazing with so many great little details. Oh...they've got some skeletons in the closet there. I love that the horses are choosing their own bridles and whips! :wub: That's so cute. I think the sunflowers are my favorite though.

I may be a little late in commenting but this is just awesome! Real awesome and beautiful with both the interior and exterior details! :wub:

I'm sure I posted here saying how truly amazing this is and how much I love you guys, but it seem I hadn't.

So, WOW! That is awesome, colour me jealous!

The toadstool looks brilliant since it's so grand and colourful. The interior looks nice and cosy, so yeah it's well designed. That garden outside is just beautiful with all the plants, flowers and that little stream there. There's also so much action going on in this MOC, with all the Fabuland characters wandering around. This is one amazing MOC, Rufus and Pandora. :wink:

I love this! The shape of that toadstool is wonderful. I especially love the use of red and green on the white area and green and white on the red.

that's awesome, love it, as good as any major best set, perhaps even better, though have you ever thought about selling manuals to build the structure, it would be pretty cool though makesure you have copy rights and all that so everyone knows it yours.

This makes me want to be a Fabu :head_back: but i guess i stick to the Hobbit for now :purrr:

Really really well made! awesome stairs!

Great job! :wub: I love fabuland mocs. Seems that they are all safe and fine from the demons. Or are they? :wink: Anyways, keep up the amazing work! :classic::thumbup:

I just stumbled upon this. What an amazing build! :wub:

Love all the details you managed to pack in, especially the furniture! Such a charming build!

*Off to bricklinking Fabuland figs now..*