niteangel

MOC - Orca Rescue Plane & Carrier

While some people build their brick cities with more and more cars and planes, I always want mine to be more than that. It should evolve with new technology.

I bought the set 7686 for some parts, but what was left was for something more intriguing. I always have the idea to make a more futuristic plane. C'mon, with Tony Stark in my city, I guess the city can benefit from his technology! Haha, so I recreated the "chopper", and embrace the future with a new design!

I did some sketches first, all based on the plane Orca in C&C computer game.

20130326-00.jpg

So the team reassembled! The orange rescue and repair team now includes the standard flatbed truck 60017, and on the right it is my another MOC Wheel-lift Wrecker, and this time we are to see the middle truck, the Orca Carrier and its plane!

20130326-01.jpg

I imagine that this technology is just new, and in later years when the world war breaks out again in the C&C era (like 2050-21XX I guess), the Orca is transformed to an attack fighter. Anyway, that means this little plane is a precedent to the Orca fighter!

The truck, while carrying the plane and transporting it, also provides tools and supply for maintaining the plane.

Hey man, time for a little flight test!

20130326-02.jpg

Two full throttle engines make this plane fly better than a chopper, probably!

20130326-03.jpg

Overview of the plane...

20130326-04.jpg

The tail...you can also see the engines now move to horizontal position, which is a flying mode.

20130326-05.jpg

There is a landing gear at the tail that can be folded up. The two floodlights are perfect for search and rescue work!

20130326-06.jpg

The truck also has an outdoor-use radar and computer system, that helps the pilot to locate himself on the plane during rescue missions.

20130326-07.jpg

Did you see the little + hole in the middle of the plane? That is where the "tool clips" are installed for different missions. I will show you more later here how that works!

Edited by niteangel

That's amazing - looks totally authentic (as in, it could fly). Looking forward to seeing the modules as well.

This looks very nice ! :wub: Love to see more variants of this !!

Interesting designs......though in my opinion it's more sci-fi than city based isn't it ? :wink:

Brick On Fly On 'niteangel' ! :classic:

Really nice work and color scheme :thumbup: :thumbup:

That is one cool looking plane. The effects in the picture look great as well. Do you play C&C: TA?

Great work :classic:

Edited by LEGO Guy Bri

When I saw the name of this topic I immediately thought to the iconic game Command & Conquer! :wub:

The orca fighter was my favorite strategic weapon ... this MOC is a masterpiece and the livery of trucks the Orca fighter is amazing! :wub_drool:

Wonderful pictures ...thanks for sharing! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks to all of you for the support :D

Interesting designs......though in my opinion it's more sci-fi than city based isn't it ? :wink:

Brick On Fly On 'niteangel' ! :classic:

Well, yes, a little bit :P I guess our brick city needs some advancement too, right? :P

That is one cool looking plane. The effects in the picture look great as well. Do you play C&C: TA?

Great work :classic:

Yes, I did! Though I am more into Starcraft II now, haha...

Very nice. The plane reminds a bit of the Mars Mission. It could probably fit into that Lego theme.

Yes, I did! Though I am more into Starcraft II now, haha...

Ah missed yah! Something I do on down time at work. Really wish C&C: Red Alert was MAC OS compatible :classic:

Really nice moc! Your "plane" is really great and original! The design is really fine and your preparation drawindgs are really nice too! For the carrier, I would have better see a tractor-trailer truck (because it is quite long and has too much wheels to turn correctly)!

It reminds me of the harrier (i think) with it's engines that turn between horizontal and vertical flight.

It is great to be able to incorporate futuristic ideas into what are effectively time static environments such as a Lego Town. The pics are fantastic by the way, especially the plane and transporter.

Thanks thanks :D

That is great, I'm a huge C&C fan. I would love to see a whole line of these. Do you plan on making more C&C MOCs?

It is not really C&C MOCs, but some C&C vehicles definitely provide great inspiration for my next creation!