TheLegoChronicler

Interesting Article on Lego Space Factions

Came across this article about the old Lego themes. Found it interesting as it appears to be written by a literature student who is not an AFOL. He is starting an analysis of the Lego space factions from a story telling perspective. I wanted to share as I though some other AFOLs out there might be interested, especially those of us who are a bit older and can remember the days as far back as Blacktron I and Futuron when the factions got kicked off. Link is below:

http://pendream.blogspot.com/

Came across this article about the old Lego themes. Found it interesting as it appears to be written by a literature student who is not an AFOL. He is starting an analysis of the Lego space factions from a story telling perspective. I wanted to share as I though some other AFOLs out there might be interested, especially those of us who are a bit older and can remember the days as far back as Blacktron I and Futuron when the factions got kicked off. Link is below:

http://pendream.blogspot.com/

Very interesting read. He says, "To be continued" at the end, I hope so. My son's first LEGO space were Futuron, later Blacktron. Personally I miss both lines, I may get "bricked" (was going to say stoned, but it has a double meaning, I meant he one with stones) here, but I like the Futuron and Blacktron much better than Star Wars.

I can't tell you how many Futuron and Blacktron sets I donated to Goodwill in the late 1990's. Wish I had them back, but I hope some less fortunate kid got lots of enjoyment out of them anyway.

Thanks for the link,

Andy D

Give me the golden age of LEGO Space over both Star Wars and the current crop of non-licensed space themes with much more rigidly specified storylines (Galaxy Patrol, Mars Mission, Space Police etc) any day.