Fianat

SKYHOLM- the flying city

SKYHOLM

1858. The United States achieved world supremacy and respect of all countries. At the first International Technical Exhibition in 1858 the flying city of Skyholm designed by the US chief engineer was presented. The city was sent to travel from continent to continent and show the rest of the world the success of the American experiment.

The flying city became a great symbol of the American ideals. However the city suddenly disappeared for the unknown reason. The greatest achievement of America disappeared completely …

No one knows how to get to Skyholm.

This is my entry for the russian contest STEAMPUNK MACHINE which won first place.

Blogged by The Brothers Brick

Deeplinks : Main-First level-Second level-Steam reactor-Roof

Main Picture | More Pictures

Inspired by BioShock Infinite by Irrational Games

8596083140_e7ab62e625_b.jpg

SKYHOLM- the flying city by Fianat, on Flickr

8596083010_884786bb2a_c.jpg

8596077650_098e14439c_c.jpg

8594977149_a584899a72_c.jpg

8596078182_f9a90f1a83_c.jpg

8594975995_eba29cf812_c.jpg

8596076448_ba6bf9e681_c.jpg

8594976887_630a15949a_c.jpg

8594977465_0ea8a3c43c_c.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

To my unpretentious mind this MOC is worthy to be posted on the Frontpage News.

Edited by viracocha

I love it! Really cool design and great minifigures! I gotta say though, for all the details; no handrails on a flying city? :tongue:

That got to be the biggest, or at the very least on of the biggest steampunk MOCs I´ve ever seen. Very detailed. Did you base this of the modular series? Because this looks like a steampunkified version of those put together.

I love it! Really cool design and great minifigures! I gotta say though, for all the details; no handrails on a flying city? :tongue:

Thanks! I had idea to do monorail or handrail, but i have only mounth to do Skyholm.

That got to be the biggest, or at the very least on of the biggest steampunk MOCs I´ve ever seen. Very detailed. Did you base this of the modular series? Because this looks like a steampunkified version of those put together.

Thanks! I am greatly pleased)

No, I didn't base on modular series, I based on Victorian England.

Excellent work, Fianat, it reminds me the Boishock infinite.

Amazing game) I started it yesterday

Fianat, excellent!

This is a well-deserved victory in the competition.

Thanks!

To my unpretentious mind this MOC is worthy to be posted on the Frontpage News.

:blush:

This is perfect!!!! I loved thw way you build this small shops/houses. It is not that big but gives the perception of a very big uncontrollable city. ( Figs on first floor have a great role in this effect.) My only criticism is the lack of motors or other things, which have function to keep the city floating. You can add them under the first floor maybe.

Perfect MOC anyway. Congrats!!!

Whats not to love about this.

Everything from the name to the color scheme, to the idea to the build itself!!

Really great stuff!!!

This is perfect!!!! I loved thw way you build this small shops/houses. It is not that big but gives the perception of a very big uncontrollable city. ( Figs on first floor have a great role in this effect.) My only criticism is the lack of motors or other things, which have function to keep the city floating. You can add them under the first floor maybe.

Perfect MOC anyway. Congrats!!!

There is a steam reactor at the first floor :sweet:

Thanks!

Amazing and bizarre!

Joe

Best steampunk moc ever. :thumbup:

Whats not to love about this.

Everything from the name to the color scheme, to the idea to the build itself!!

Really great stuff!!!

Thanks! Great pleasure to read your comments, guys)

As a huge fan of Steampunk and mini- figs this totally blew my mind! There are such wonderful details literally from top to bottom on this!

Without really wanting to list each one, I'd have to say that my particular favourite elements are the fabulous lamp posts and windows, topped only by your wonderfully crafted mini-figs and posing. Particularly the sinister looking chap under he shop sign. I love how he is just peeping out from behind the corner!

Wonderful MOC, fabulous composition and 10/10 for presentation! A worthy stand out winner! If you don't mind me asking how many hours do you think this took to build?

As a huge fan of Steampunk and mini- figs this totally blew my mind! There are such wonderful details literally from top to bottom on this!

Without really wanting to list each one, I'd have to say that my particular favourite elements are the fabulous lamp posts and windows, topped only by your wonderfully crafted mini-figs and posing. Particularly the sinister looking chap under he shop sign. I love how he is just peeping out from behind the corner!

Wonderful MOC, fabulous composition and 10/10 for presentation! A worthy stand out winner! If you don't mind me asking how many hours do you think this took to build?

Thanks=3

I have done it for a contest, so I had deadline (only 25 days).

I think it tooks near 130 hours to build.

Edited by Fianat

I think it tooks near 130 hours to build.

That is some crazy dedication!! Again It's wonderful - I saw this before it was so rightly blogged on TBB. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::wub:

That is some crazy dedication!! Again It's wonderful - I saw this before it was so rightly blogged on TBB. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::wub:

genialisinum

Thanks, guys! :blush: