Faefrost

Dash Rendar's Outrider?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

OK strange question. I know that there are official Lego plans out there somewhere for Dash Rendar's YT-2400 Outrider, the "MF like" Smuggler ship featured in the Shadows of the Empire series from the 90's. It has been shown as an official alternate build using the parts of one of the Imperial Star Destroyer sets.

Now my question, does anyone know if they ever have presented actual building instructions and/or a parts list for the alternate build to make this ship? It would be a really neat ship to MOC up and sit on the shelf next to the MF.

Cheers for this thread, and thanks for the details regarding instructions on building this ship - I was actually about to ask the question. Have always been a fan of SOTE and have just started re-reading the book.

The Outrider actually looks better than the 6211 ISD does. Not much, but just a little. :sceptic: I didn't know Kim T had such an involved flikr page!

does it? I quite liked the deisng of ISD but then again I want the UCS one more and I see where this one lacks now ;)

but still...

I have to admit, it's a bit of a fugly ship.

It's extremely delicate, the top and bottom plates are held on by hinges on the outer rim, even look at 'em the wrong way and they fall off, and other plates are held on by tentative 1x1s.

I put it together out of curiousity but I doubt it's going to stay on the shelf for long, especially now that I've found plans for the Skyhopper.

Built one of my own about 5-10 years ago. It was crap compared to these. :D

My stance: at least they made a very decent effort to include a large alt model, and it was an obscure but memorable piece of canon. I wish they'd still do that.

Hmmm, quite a nice ship. Great job on yours Nom Carver!

Thanks, since I looked at that Outrider on the rear of the SD box, I always wanted to reproduce it but never had the guts to touch my falcon, I think the new one could prove more usefull, maybe somebody could try to use the very same bricks of the set and share it.

My stance: at least they made a very decent effort to include a large alt model, and it was an obscure but memorable piece of canon. I wish they'd still do that.

Totally agree.

Edited by Nom Carver

Holy, cow! Now, that is one good looking model. :thumbup: Didn't see a custom Dash Rendar anywhere, but, he shouldn't be too hard to do.

Look closely, he is hiding right behind that crate:

11891880906_cf435babaa.jpg

P1010002 por Nom Carver, en Flickr