Sign in to follow this  
Murdoch17

Police Precinct 14 (LDD modular MOC)

This building was originally designed by my younger brother, Austin. He asked me to update it to current standards , make it buildable in real life, and upload it to Eurobricks for him as he hasn't signed up.... yet. Anyway, without further ado, here is police Precinct 14:

8594298287_e5e7c0d725.jpg

This is what I have done to his model: Added police cars, figs, dited out all the errors and such, made the car bays a little longer (still a tad short!) and added a signpost for the speed limit. You can find his orginal model at MOC pages here http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/333513

8594298277_60bb12b50c.jpg

The rear of the police station. I added all the windows you see here, plus the exposed brickwork that hides the studs used to keep the inside height chart held up.

8594298253_3b4da6dd3a.jpg

Bottom floor: not much to see (or say) except that this floor features large rolling garage doors. Notice the lack of a streetlight, as there was no room to install one. Whats the use anyway when there are four lights attached to the front of the building anyway?

8595397776_005ea2f783.jpg

Second floor: This contains the forensic examination table, booking area, equipment rack, and large jail cell. When I updated this, I added the hanging height chart you see near examination table.

8594298219_622affb7c4.jpg

The roof. Austin had a helipad up here, but I decided that wouldn't really work in real life, so I removed it. The roof also features a POLICE sign (see first picture) made of plates and tiles, designed by my brother but based off of the PET sign in set # 10218, Pet Shop.

8594298231_b456eb9fe3.jpg

The brave men of Police Precinct 14 take to the streets in two 1957 Plymouth Furies, ready to protect and serve the people of Lego City. They consist of one Captain and three officers. The other fig in this picture is one nasty crook, currently awaiting his return to Prison. (His crime was mixing LEGO with Mega Bloks to sell as a massive bulk lot, a federal offense in the LEGO Universe.)

Comments, Questions, & critics welcome!

(Downloadable LXF comming soon)

Nice work! And I like the Furies :)

Give your brother my regards!

Great modular police station and I would love to see this done in bricks. It has the same classic look as the fire brigade.

What a nice police station. I would love to have something like that in a city. It looks like it blends in nicely with the other modulars.

Best regards to your brother, nice work.

Looks really nice and would sit perfectly next to the fire brigade.

One thing though, I've never seen a police station with big garage doors like that, not that I really paid much attention to police stations - was too busy hunting down and photographing train stations to do that.

I guess a large city might have one station like this for SWAT vehicles or something? Surely a Lego police truck or two would fit nicely in there. :wink:

Joe