Bytor

Helms Deep Expansion [Work in progress pictures]

So I have gotten many requests on how I built the Helm's Deep expansion based on EuroLock's original. Luckily I took pictures of it while i was building it, I had no idea these would be so sought after. If you are looking to build this expansion you can check out my Flickr set of WIP pictures. Every Module is covered for the most part, the front gates didn't get very much detail in the pictures, I only raised them up 2 bricks...

I hope that this is a useful guide for people looking to build this (and not take a month of staring at pictures of the original finished product like I did) and if people are wondering what I bought in terms of bricklink, I can include what I ordered, but I cant tell you what I bought in the PAB except for lots of DGB bricks.

I really appreciate the support, and I wish luck to the people who take on this task.

-Bytor

http://www.flickr.com/photos/edgelessabyss/sets/72157633088064852/

Edited by Bytor

Huge thanks for the post, I was confused on the pillars on the outside of the throne entrance but I see they're somewhat like the tower how they expand out (Wow that probably doesn't make any sense). I'm also trying to recreate Eurolock's design which is my first ever MOC and my building techniques aren't quite there yet (which means I have to buy more sets to learn right??). Plus I don't have nearly enough bricks to re-create the cave section or finish off the mountain back drop (again coming back to buying more sets lol).

You are all welcome :)

which means I have to buy more sets to learn right?? .

You dont have to buy more sets, just try and copy building techniques you see in peoples mocs. Experiment with SNOT and hinges, break the 90 degree building :P

Plus I don't have nearly enough bricks to re-create the cave section or finish off the mountain back drop (again coming back to buying more sets lol)

Don't worry about buying sets, try pick a brick walls and bricklink. Also as a note, I had to buy 2 "The Battle of Helm's Deep 9474."

There's nothing wrong with trying to justify buying more sets. :laugh: This was the best Helm's Deep MOC because it looks fantastic, but not so large as to be intimidating. You've made it simpler for a lot of people to want to try something like this. Thanks.

Please can you post an html link to your flickr Bytor. I just see a black box at the end of your post when I view it on my iPad ( probably flash or something ). Thanks,

There's nothing wrong with trying to justify buying more sets. :laugh: This was the best Helm's Deep MOC because it looks fantastic, but not so large as to be intimidating. You've made it simpler for a lot of people to want to try something like this. Thanks.

No problem, I'm really happy people like it :D

Please can you post an html link to your flickr Bytor. I just see a black box at the end of your post when I view it on my iPad ( probably flash or something ). Thanks,

Here's the link man: http://www.flickr.com/photos/edgelessabyss/sets/72157633088064852

Edited by Bytor

thanks for posting this, its a great help. i picked up 3 helms deep sets and quite a few of the urukhai battle sets. ive managed to start building the outer wall which is quite big now, i will try and post a pic tomorrow after work. cheers

On 3/25/2013 at 8:04 AM, Bytor said:

So I have gotten many requests on how I built the Helm's Deep expansion based on EuroLock's original. Luckily I took pictures of it while i was building it, I had no idea these would be so sought after. If you are looking to build this expansion you can check out my Flickr set of WIP pictures. Every Module is covered for the most part, the front gates didn't get very much detail in the pictures, I only raised them up 2 bricks...

I hope that this is a useful guide for people looking to build this (and not take a month of staring at pictures of the original finished product like I did) and if people are wondering what I bought in terms of bricklink, I can include what I ordered, but I cant tell you what I bought in the PAB except for lots of DGB bricks.

I really appreciate the support, and I wish luck to the people who take on this task.

-Bytor

http://www.flickr.com/photos/edgelessabyss/sets/72157633088064852/

Dang it. The flicker doesn't exist anymore...