Sign in to follow this  
BlueberryWaffles

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Discussion

I made this thread so people can discuss about the TMNT show on Nick or, really, anything TMNT.

First, I'll start with the question everyone's asking. Will the new show have Bebop and Rocksteady?

I think it's a pretty safe bet that it won't. Dogpound and Fishface are the Bebop and Rocksteady of the new show.

I really like Leatherhead in this show, since he can win in a fight against not only most if not all of the bad characters in this show (the 2012 version) but can win against the evil Crococdiles in the Legends of Chima theme and TV series, especially Crooler, Crug and Crawley, should he ever encounter them (I think he is a crocodile in this version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, rather than an alligator like in the older versions of the TV series, but I'm not too sure about this, so can someone tell me one way or the other, please? :look::classic:)! Therfore, I really, really hope he will come in minifigure form in a future wave of this LEGO theme! In that way, I can use him as a good Crocodile in the Legends of Chima theme, should I ever do any MOCs on that theme. :grin_wub::wub_drool:

Edited by Good Cragger Fan

Yes! I just watched Cockroach Terminator last night. The cockroach and the drill would make a great set. Also, the Steath Shell finally appeared! I wish the LEGO one could fit under the Shellraiser.

If they would make a classic cartoon technodrome with Kraang, old-fashioned April & Shredder + the duo Bebop and Rocksteady, then I have no problems to close this licensed theme.

(Well maybe add a Leatherface and Casey)

The show is real good. I think it's a bit too monster of the week though. The difference in quality between an episode that advances the story and one that shows some random mutation is often quite huge.

I'd go as far as to say this is the best Ninja Turtle series yet. I too hope some day we get Bebop and Rocksteady though find it unlikely. Maybe one day Bradford and Frishface (forget his human name) will leave :P honestly I haven't exactly fallen in love with the characters. Bradford had an interesting story at first but lately he's just been a minion who also has gone through that odd process of "ninja turtles can barely beat him! they have to run!" to "he's nothing they can handle him" which is one of the show's weaknesses.

Seriously, every new enemy they face they have a real hard time with. They could barely touch the Kraang bots at first which originally seemed to have super strength. Then suddenly they're stormtroopers (literally shooting at often non-moving targets and missing) and fall like flies. Dogpound was huge and barely survivable. Now he's like nothing and a single Turtle can take him (and he oddly SHRANK physically).

I mean yeah they can learn and stuff but the difference of power becomes unreasonable. Kraang lost their super strength and toughness completely :P.

Wow, that was awesome!

That twist! I looked it up and apparently it also happened in the older series, but this was truly a shock to me!

Can't wait for season 2!

-Sci

The show is real good. I think it's a bit too monster of the week though. The difference in quality between an episode that advances the story and one that shows some random mutation is often quite huge.

I'd go as far as to say this is the best Ninja Turtle series yet. I too hope some day we get Bebop and Rocksteady though find it unlikely. Maybe one day Bradford and Frishface (forget his human name) will leave :P honestly I haven't exactly fallen in love with the characters. Bradford had an interesting story at first but lately he's just been a minion who also has gone through that odd process of "ninja turtles can barely beat him! they have to run!" to "he's nothing they can handle him" which is one of the show's weaknesses.

Seriously, every new enemy they face they have a real hard time with. They could barely touch the Kraang bots at first which originally seemed to have super strength. Then suddenly they're stormtroopers (literally shooting at often non-moving targets and missing) and fall like flies. Dogpound was huge and barely survivable. Now he's like nothing and a single Turtle can take him (and he oddly SHRANK physically).

I mean yeah they can learn and stuff but the difference of power becomes unreasonable. Kraang lost their super strength and toughness completely :P.

Fishface's human name was Xever. About the fighting, it's easier because the turtles have been training and learning. Just look at the first fight scene in "Rise of the Turtles", then watch "Showdown". Changed. The Kraang were hard because at first they couldn't fight as a team.

I LOVED the finale. Kraang Prime, Technodrome, Miwa/Karai.......yaaaaay!

(does anyone else go on the Technodrome Forums?)

The Kraang were hard because at first they couldn't fight as a team.

Bullcrap.

They literally hitting them as hard as they could couldn't do much to the Kraang. Teamwork doesn't make your weapons slice through metal easier. It doesn't make your attacks that used to barely phase them suddenly phase them. If you take Don from the early episodes and he hit a Kraang full strength it would barely phase the Kraang. Take later Donnie and he'll knock their head off as if suddenly with super strength.

And to further the point they're constantly going solo against armies of these guys which obviously means no teamwork.

They either advanced in their abilities ridiculously fast, gained some kind of super strength or the writers didn't care. :)

The season finale was good. Not great, but good. The stuff with the turtles was fun, but I didn't like how the episodes portrayed April as a damsel. We've seen that April can somewhat fend for herself, so for her to act in such a manner felt really awkward. That and the despite knowing a bit about what April is, I still think it wasn't clearly defined. So she's special in the terms of something and the Kraang want the power in her. Cool. How did she get this power? :sceptic:

However, the part of the episodes I adore is the stuff with Splinter and Shredder. Dear god, best fight in the series yet. Probably tied with the curb stomp of a battle with Karai and April. The lighting, the atmosphere, just how downright dark that scene got when Karai came in. That fight made up for the complaints I have about the rest of the finale.

So, yeah. I really like the finale. :grin:

I agree with everything you said, Kintobor. The finale was good, but could have been better. It was pretty predictable for the most part and not many questions got answered. The parts with Splinter made up for that a bit though.

By the way, FBTB and CBR have written up their coverage of the TMNT panel at SDCC. They contain spoilers, so read at your own risk. Looks like there are lots of new mutations coming our way, and even the return of Bebop and Rocksteady might be a possibility down the line. :thumbup: Here is the teaser:

Now I want new Lego sets even more! :moar:

Blah blah blah.

If Lego does get the opportunity for a second wave, my only stipulations are we get Casey Jones and Karai in minifig form.

As a side note, now that the seasons done, what was your favorite episode?

I'd say "I, Monster". It was nice and dark and they made the Rat King even creepier than in the comics or the 2003 series. His new costume reminded me of Scarecrow from The New Batman Adventures.

His new costume reminded me of Scarecrow from The New Batman Adventures.

Indeed, it looked like him, which made me feel sorry that he appeared only in two episodes, On topic: I was rather disappointed by Kraang Prime. First of all, I don't quite understand why it should be female. I guess the idea was to make Prime sound both male and female, but for me it sounds definitely female.

I hated the suit. Even those small hints to 1980-s cartoon do not help here. It doesn't look scary, it doesn't look absurd (like the old one was), but it doesn't look useful as well.

And why should it be of this gigantic scale? Bigger=meaner? I suppose she would have looked better in ordinary size and in, perhaps, some kind of bigger android.

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

For me, best episode of season one was Karai's Vendetta. There was a lot of important plot points strewn about (realizing April lost her mother which sparked an empathetic reaction in Karai, meaning both never knew their mothers) and I like how tense some of the scenes got, particularly in the restaurant. I'm just a sucker for character development, and this episode did wonders, as well as having probably the most brutal fight in the series. It was overall a great episode. I loved I, Monster as well, seeing into Splinter's fears and what not, but I feel Karai's Vendetta was the moment I said this show has surpassed being awesome and is now on my top ten list of favorite animated tv shows.

Indeed, it looked like him, which made me feel sorry that he appeared only in two episodes, On topic: I was rather disappointed by Kraang Prime. First of all, I don't quite understand why it should be female. I guess the idea was to make Prime sound both male and female, but for me it sounds definitely female.

Krang Prime is voiced by Roseanne Barr, so I'm not sure it actually counts as female. Although the reveal that Roseanne is Krang sure explains a lot.(not in the show mind you. It's more of a reasonable explanation FOR Roseanne Barr.)

Even though Splinter said at the end of part 2 of the season finale that he wouldn't yet tell the Turtles what he had discovered from Shredder because "this is a time for celebration", I believe that there may be another reason that he is keeping the knowledge secret from the Turtles, particularly Leonardo. As we know, Leo has a soft spot for Karai, which Splinter eventually discovered, and now that Splinter knows that Karai is actually Miwa, he may not want to tell Lero about this, as it may make Leo try to get close to Karai again to try and get her on "their side", which could end up leading to another encounter with Shredder, which would end up placing Leo, the other Turtles and Splinter at risk.

In hindsight, this all made much more sense in my head :laugh: .